It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Little People: The Sims Freeplay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Okay, I need to preface this by saying I typically abhor EA and freemium games. But I downloaded The Sims Freeplay a few weeks ago and have been hooked on creating a crazy little world of Idiots.
My girlfriend loves the stories that I have made up about their lives which the game doesn't fill in.
The mayor of the town is a former skinhead, the Asian woman works in a sweatshop, a crazy guy with a tinfoil hat isn't allowed near the elementary school (not because he is a perv, he just makes the others uncomfortable), the jilted woman cooks compulsively to take her mind off of her perceived inadequecies...

I'm thinking about picking up Sims 3 and all of the expansions in order to create a whole microcosm to see where it leads.
It is akin to expanded people watching in a public area and making up stories about who they are and their backgrounds.
Any good Sims stories out there in ATS land?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've been a pretty avid sims player for awhile now. One of the things I have done or I think is cool about the game is you can take in game video. So I've basically had my daughter be my sim and have taken screen shots or video of some of the predicaments she has gotten herself into or just things she trying to accomplish. Then I have put them all together and made like little videos out of them and given to her for a birthday gift or Christmas gift just for laughs.

I'm also a big fan of simcity 4 though I do have the new one as well. Lol careful with sims 3 it can get very addicting, and you will probably be embarrassed when your sim dies and it stresses you out for a day or so!
edit on 4/11/15 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

Eta: one other thing about the game. It does make you wonder if we are sims ourselves on occasion
edit on 4/11/15 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Lol sorry, you will also be amazed at just how big the sims community really is out there in this world of players. Huge websites, lots of yt videos etc.. Plenty of tips and tricks to discover. If you do get sims 3, I suggest looking for "Carls sims guide," it is a wealth of information.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hehe .. does it let you create earthquakes and natural disasters ?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Hehe .. does it let you create earthquakes and natural disasters ?

Lol actually simcity 4 does as well as simcity 5. Bonus, you can even be invaded by ufos! Umm volcanos, and a huge robot type monster too. Simcity 4 you can activate them yourself. 5 seems to do it randomly too you but you can turn it off in the settings.
I have never come across a disaster like those in the the regular sims games though they do have their own funny things that can happen when you aren't expecting it. Lot of Easter eggs too for those who like to search out those kind of things.

I must say though, your "hehe" leads me to believe you may already know this!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Its been quite awhile ..(had java version years ago before switched to android platform ) will have to check them out again .. sounds like fun with the u.f.o invasion .. volcano and giant robot .. adding it to my list to download next time get to place with wifi ( wonky signal out here in boonieville makes downloading large files a pain in the.. )
Half the fun of game was creating havoc on sims with disasters ..
Thanks ..

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
I would really suggest downloading the simscity 4 game, you have much more control over it and there are tons of different add on things people have created to go with it.
Also just to make sure you got it, it is the simcity games that you create cities, not the sims game where you control the people that have the disasters we were talking about.
I will give the simcity 5 game a lot of credit for the graphics and different things that they changed, but you'll need a monster graphic, video card to handle it. Also it is a monster file to dl.

Feel free to message me with any questions or whatever, I can hook you up with some good links and sim communities as well so you don't have to weed all through them.

I also suggest looking at some of the YouTube videos people have made, as they will you a good idea of what goes on or can happen , or just ideas to work with yourself to make good cities or cause havoc!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Oh, I thought that said "Sims Foreplay."

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If you do Sims 3 and all its expansions, but prepared to go pick up the mods from certain websites. It seems when the created the expansions, they never tested them all together only the mod with the original. So putting them all in together can create tons of bugs that can make the game unplayable.

Thankfully, the player base fixed this issue, and the game is easy enough to mod, made for it even. I personally prefer Twallan's story and game control mods. There are all kinds of fun tweaks you can add to the way the game plays with these including allowing gay couples and even letting them have kids. Adding cops and robbers and controlling the rate at which the vampires from Supernatural will spawn (the original game tends to let your entire town become vamped before you know it). This mod also lets your town carry on in a realistic family fashion so it really does age and carry on with your families.

Also, while modding is easy, and the player base has created some incredible stuff. It is all too easy to get crappy, buggy downloads through the main site that can bork your game up. For that reason, if you do alter your game, I suggest you either find a testing mod that will scan any downloadable stuff (hair, makeup, etc.) for bad DLC because a lot of folks will upload stuff connected to bad DLC, or create a world specifically to test new stuff to make sure it won't blow up your game.

edit on 11-4-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've played the Sims.A girlfriend gave me a copy and when she saw what I was doing said, "How romantic". She actually thought I'd make a sim her and a sim me and have them fall in love or something. Nope.
They annoyed me to no end with their gabble. I also learned a few things about myself. Playing the game is like being a god. I'm a cruel god. I killed several of them and haunted the houses over and over. I came up with some really inventive ways to off them. I even did the deal with death and brought them back as zombies, only to kill them again. I guess I'm a sim serial killer.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I can't play Sims. The sum kept rising while I was supposed to be asleep. That game took over my life.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Been a sims player for many years!
Absolutely loved every sims and simcity game I have played.
(Although simcity2 kinds sucked)

I have the sims 3, but none of the expansions. After playing all of the other sims games, by sims 3 I was overloaded and frustrated with which version I liked best. I think The Sims2 and all expansions was my favorite.
Although The Sims Online was actually very fun. I got to beta test it for a year before it went public and played for many more after,so that one is actually my favorite due to it adding what the sims was missing, which was real people behind the little sims.

See, I get confused on what is my favorite one...lol

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I can't play Sims. The sum kept rising while I was supposed to be asleep. That game took over my life.

Yes indeed the hours will slip away on you. I know one other thing I really liked about the sims game was the building of their homes aspect of it. I could get lost for hours just designing their houses and really getting into the tiny details that you can actually do if you so choose too. I had basement museums for some of my sims that went on the world adventures.

I also built tiny little shack looking house above ground with the gardens,while the basement was super tricked out!

Fun stuff and sad to say probably a year of my life in hours wasted playing it!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the tips!
I have been searching through Carl's guide and several custom content places. I have a plan for when I finally get around to buying sims 3...I want a "I wash myself with a rag on a stick" fat Sim. Trying to find a fat rascal mod, too.
Might need a crazy cat lady. A shady neighbor with a hot tub and well groomed mustache.
I played simcity waaaaay back when. I heard the last one was a bit of a boondoggle thanks to EA.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I made a huge neighborhood in my last Sims 3 game. I went in a scrapped all the pre-existing locals. I then took some pre-existing locals out of the already created neighborhoods, some random local families from previous game neighborhood that had been running for around 6 or 7 generations with the Twallan story prog mod, and some random locals I created on my own to make a new neighborhood full of an entirely none connected and entirely random mix of Townies.

I even relocated my old 7th generation family into it as a Townie family.

Then I created Eddard Stark for my legacy starter.

I had this game out to the ninth gen when my hard drive blew up. It was pretty cool. I had an old vampire that had survived to witness everything as the Master Vamp and an original settler. I had a family of very fat, piglike people who had sort of overbred and taken over much of the town (I privately called them the 'Murikans or the BooBoo kin because they'd originally been moved into a small trailor park). The Starks had undergone about three last name changes, and there were no more Starks in the town.

I haven't gone back in and re-installed Sims 3 since the hard drive death.

top topics

join