It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of fatal police shooting involving Idaho family in WalMart parking lot

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
YouTube channel. Sorry if already posted. Interesting reading in "about me" section.

m.youtube.com...

He doesn't sound violent there, at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Now that makes sense, and I hadn't heard those details before. Sounds like, in that case, the employee was being pushy, and they didn't yield, so she complained and claimed to have been "assaulted".

Well, not exactly. The two son's would still be at fault because the bathrooms are made for more than one person to use and I don't think it's allowed to block them off, if that is in fact correct as the report stated. Again, it's only my guess as to why they were blocking it for their mom to begin with and the only thing that made sense was if she was washing up since just using the toilet doesn't require blocking anyone else from coming in. Nothing more was said about the employee that tried using it from what I could find but my guess is that she notified the security guy, who was involved in the fight later and he might have called the cops. Or perhaps that woman walking back and forth in the camera at the start of the video may have been the employee. But those are just my assumptions.

Has there been any kind of update to this story yet???

The real kicker was, the good ones were in the "ghetto" section of town, and the nasty ones in a supposedly "classier" area. Guess which one I preferred to shop at, even though it was farther away?

That doesn't surprise me at all. I've found over the years that more "common" people are usually more friendly than those of a "Higher Class". At least in my interaction with them that is. I think it's because if someone thinks they are better than you than they feel they have the right to treat you anyway they want with impunity. Not always of course and there are plenty of dicks in the ghetto too, but you know what I'm getting at.

Looks like this family encountered some of the bad, and the cost was high.

I don't know what happened with this family but it could have been avoided IMO. If anything I blame the parents for not having established control over their kids. Even though they weren't kids by any means, as parents they should have told the kids to be quite and let them handle it. You can't allow everyone to act crazy in those moments because stuff like this is what happens. As the father, he obviously had no authority anymore and as their elder he should have maintained control over their actions.

This was just one giant cluster f*ck of an event that should never of happened. It also is another example and excuse that will be used for cops to justify more force, more weapons, more abuse toward citizens, more, more more for them and less for us.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Now that makes sense, and I hadn't heard those details before. Sounds like, in that case, the employee was being pushy, and they didn't yield, so she complained and claimed to have been "assaulted".

Well, not exactly. The two son's would still be at fault because the bathrooms are made for more than one person to use and I don't think it's allowed to block them off, if that is in fact correct as the report stated. Again, it's only my guess as to why they were blocking it for their mom to begin with and the only thing that made sense was if she was washing up since just using the toilet doesn't require blocking anyone else from coming in. Nothing more was said about the employee that tried using it from what I could find but my guess is that she notified the security guy, who was involved in the fight later and he might have called the cops. Or perhaps that woman walking back and forth in the camera at the start of the video may have been the employee. But those are just my assumptions.

Well, they would have been out of line, but the employee could have been pushy as well, and might not actually have been harmed at all. It would be nice to hear more details on that, from both sides. I suspect th e washing up thing is accurate. An older woman could easily have been modest enough to not want even another woman around. My mother was very modest, even at the doctor's office. I wondered if the woman with the radio was the one that called myself. If so, she certainly didn't look injured! More annoyed than anything. She might not even have needed the restroom, and could have been trying to get in simply because she knew they didn't want her to be there. Likely, some simple patience, common sense, and conversation could have avoided the entire situation. On both sides, of course. It's possible that both the female employee and the sons were out of line. The security guy was very out of line, and should be fired for breaking policy, and charged for assault. He should not have followed them out, and he definitely should not have been right there while police were trying to talk to the family. Any sort of confrontation, the opposing sides need to be apart. That was a much bigger issue that separating the family. Had the cops asked hi to back off a bit, and talked to the family together, this could have been avoided.

Has there been any kind of update to this story yet???

I haven't had time to look, and wont, since my computer is headed to the shop. I am curious, though.

The real kicker was, the good ones were in the "ghetto" section of town, and the nasty ones in a supposedly "classier" area. Guess which one I preferred to shop at, even though it was farther away?

That doesn't surprise me at all. I've found over the years that more "common" people are usually more friendly than those of a "Higher Class". At least in my interaction with them that is. I think it's because if someone thinks they are better than you than they feel they have the right to treat you anyway they want with impunity. Not always of course and there are plenty of dicks in the ghetto too, but you know what I'm getting at.

Indeed, I do! It's a fact that people with lower income are more likely to help others out as well. Maybe the help isn't as much, but those with less know what need is like. Even if I had money, snobby, superior-attitude types would annoy me!

Looks like this family encountered some of the bad, and the cost was high.

I don't know what happened with this family but it could have been avoided IMO. If anything I blame the parents for not having established control over their kids. Even though they weren't kids by any means, as parents they should have told the kids to be quite and let them handle it. You can't allow everyone to act crazy in those moments because stuff like this is what happens. As the father, he obviously had no authority anymore and as their elder he should have maintained control over their actions.

This was just one giant cluster f*ck of an event that should never of happened. It also is another example and excuse that will be used for cops to justify more force, more weapons, more abuse toward citizens, more, more more for them and less for us.

So many things, if done differently, could have brought about a far less serious outcome. Less talk from the family would have helped, and better training and less aggressiveness from the cops would have helped, and the guard not acting like a cop would have helped.

And, yes, that's the biggest worry right there! Any such situation, no matter who was to blame, is used as an excuse to justify more and more force, more tramping on rights, more abuses, more everything bad.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join