It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people DO NOT vanish every year.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

ahaaaa ..... loved your response ...
initially .. i thought .. is that that guy sayin that same twatty response to a thgread again .,..
then i realise .. it was the other way round .. the OP gave you a 'twatty' response to one of your threads that i liked .. and you paid him (or her) back in kind ..
thanks for the smile .. to be fair .. i dont think id have responded to his twatty reponse as kindly and patiently as you did ..
well done ..

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I personally know two people who vanished without a trace and have never been found.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90
Clothes being found nicely folded next to a body.

So if there is a body, how did they "vanish"?
What you're describing there is death or murder, not disappearance.

Young children being found 19 miles and up a mountain from where they where last seen.

So someone is seen, and then they're found somewhere else, and we're supposed to ignore the physical act of walking, or vehicles, and assume "aliens did it!"?
I fail to see how hearsay about a legend is relevant.

People or bodies being found in areas already searched.

Human error.

Search dogs refusing to follow a scent.

How do we know a dog "refuses" to follow a scent, when the dog is the only one present who can smell that scent? Scent trails go cold, what you're seeing here is someone trying to put a supernatural angle on something that happens all the time. If the men with the dog knew there was a scent trail not being followed, they WOULDN'T NEED THE DOG! lol

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Answer

Nonsense? Anyone who shares an opposing opinion to yours is nonsense?

Anyone coming up with alternate numbers that go completely against the facts and common sense is spouting nonsense, yes.

It has nothing to do with opposing opinion and everything to do with using your brain. If millions of people went missing from the US every year, we'd probably be hearing about it in places other than conspiracy websites.

I knew someone would come in and claim that the FBI numbers are just manipulated to keep people calm. You do realize that the "millions go missing" claim was based on the numbers of missing report cases in the first place, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I know it is not millions, but you should read the books Missing 411. It's about very unusual cases of people vanishing in national park and forest. Some of the cases are down right bone chilling and creepy. Clothes being found nicely folded next to a body. Young children being found 19 miles and up a mountain from where they where last seen. People or bodies being found in areas already searched. Search dogs refusing to follow a scent. Just some really creepy stuff. Here's an interview with the Author, David Paulides

I'm aware of the books and those cases are fascinating and quite troubling for someone who likes to spend time in the woods.

However, those cases are a drop in the bucket compared to the "millions go missing" statement.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

are you really only going to factor america into this equation?

1) The claim I'm addressing often only mentions America because of the reporting numbers.

2) My information addresses the incorrect way people analyze the missing persons data.

I'm not saying people don't go missing and never turn up. I'm saying the numbers are grossly misinterpreted.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
Struggling to understand what's paranormal about this data analysis?

The other thread was in this section of the forum.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
OP. You might want to do some real research into this topic. There is much the media, and our governments don't draw attention to. There is a global human-trafficking industry that thrives on the ignorance of the masses. It's a very ugly, and physically sickening subject. Nevertheless, I agree with you. "Millions of people DO NOT vanish every year", but hundreds and thousands do. Is that not enough to get our attention?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That's because after the aliens abduct people, they return them to their original locations. What you have to ask is why there are so many missing people reports to begin with. Can there really be that many people who don't know where they live or find their way home, or at least make a phone call home?

Anyway, I found another disturbing but important abduction story:
www.abduct.com...

If you pay attention, like Karen, she also mentioned something called "shadow." This tells me that she's not making this up because most of these abductees can see and describe but don't know the name of this hidden alien species called the "Shadow Aliens," but they are actually the masterminds behind everything. The Greys, the Reptilians, and the Shadows, they are the three forces of evil. The Reptilians control the Greys, and the Shadows control both.

Now let me show you what a real Grey Alien looks like(the ones you see on the net are wearing a very tight spandex-like spacesuit and only drawn from memories of the abductions). This picture is taken in Aztec, New Mexico, known as the other Roswell incident:

tinypic.com...

Before people say hoax or fake, notice that it only has 4 fingers. Most people wouldn't have been able to know this except this one person told me that there are 3 generations of Grey-human hybrids, the first two generations only have 4 fingers(but they are all on the ships), the 3rd have 5 and look almost unrecognizable from a blonde hair person, except their pupil is very large, even in daylight.

The alien abduction phenomenon is very real. There is a very evil presence lurking on this planet(all Black Triangle UFOs are Shadow Ships. The Phoenix Lights are a Shadow Mothership. It's still there, so if anyone wants to shoot it down, just go there). However, at this point, it seems like there's a force preventing them from invading outright. For simplicity's sake, there are two types of ships lurking on this planet, the Shadow Ships and "the others"(the orb-like UFOs or like these, otherwise known as the good E.Ts):

www.youtube.com...

www....(nolink)/several-witnesses-video-ufos-over-phoenix-on-easter/32998

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That's 100% not true. Please go here and read: FBI Missing Person Stats for 2014

Does that report include countries outside of the US?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I know it is not millions, but you should read the books Missing 411. It's about very unusual cases of people vanishing in national park and forest. Some of the cases are down right bone chilling and creepy. Clothes being found nicely folded next to a body. Young children being found 19 miles and up a mountain from where they where last seen. People or bodies being found in areas already searched. Search dogs refusing to follow a scent. Just some really creepy stuff. Here's an interview with the Author, David Paulides

When I go camping hiking in the forest I'm armed.... I always thought about the one place that cell phones do not work that crazies would love to hang out. On long camping adventures I have a sat phone....

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Is there some reason you're so crabby about a potentially, exaggerated number of people going missing? And are you so trusting of the government list you provided because it supports your argument or because you're a fan of the agency? Sweet, buttery Jeebus man, I couldn't trust a statistic given by them concerning the number of trash cans at Quantico, let alone the number of insignificant civilians that go missing in a span of time.

I knew one of the missing people from the Canam, Missing 411 book series and to label that demographic as a drop in the bucket only shows your ignorance to the situation. You're correct that many are found after a short time but there is a significant list of people that do disappear without a trace and under very strange circumstances.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I didn't say anything about aliens (you did) and neither do these books they are just the accounts of people who have gone missing. Did you read the books? Did you at least listen to the interview? If not please do and then comment because my attempt to describe some of the cases is pathetic compared to the details the books and interviews with the author gets into. Sorry my wording may have not been 100% accurate but that's why I gave you other avenues of reshearch to follow.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spookysully
Is there some reason you're so crabby about a potentially, exaggerated number of people going missing? And are you so trusting of the government list you provided because it supports your argument or because you're a fan of the agency? Sweet, buttery Jeebus man, I couldn't trust a statistic given by them concerning the number of trash cans at Quantico, let alone the number of insignificant civilians that go missing in a span of time.

I knew one of the missing people from the Canam, Missing 411 book series and to label that demographic as a drop in the bucket only shows your ignorance to the situation. You're correct that many are found after a short time but there is a significant list of people that do disappear without a trace and under very strange circumstances.

The motto of this site is "deny ignorance."

To go around claiming that millions of people go missing every year in the US is 100% ignorant.

How many people go missing in a genuine "Missing 411" style every year? It's not even in the hundreds, much less the millions.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: np6888
That's because after the aliens abduct people, they return them to their original locations. What you have to ask is why there are so many missing people reports to begin with. Can there really be that many people who don't know where they live or find their way home, or at least make a phone call home?

If you take a moment to read the statistics, the missing person reports are broken down and your questions are answered.

Hint: it has absolutely nothing to do with alien abduction.

edit on 4/11/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

originally posted by: Ultralight

You are citing a governmental organization that has historically , blatantly fabricated, suppressed, altered the facts to shine the light of truth more favorably in the direction in which they want it to go?

I was thinking the same thing...the FBI's spin doctors want the public to think not so many people are missing... so they create a story and statistics to make it so

You honestly think that, even if the number was as low as 100,000 people vanishing in the U.S. every year, any organization could keep that under wraps?

There would be websites devoted to "help me find my family member" and entire forums full of people demanding answers.

I know this is a conspiracy site but come on... apply a little bit of common sense.

edit on 4/11/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If a million people were going missing a year in the U.S. that would be one person out of 300 every year. Everyone would have personal knowledge of multiple people who were missing.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Clothes being found nicely folded next to a body.

So if there is a body, how did they "vanish"?
What you're describing there is death or murder, not disappearance.

Young children being found 19 miles and up a mountain from where they where last seen.

So someone is seen, and then they're found somewhere else, and we're supposed to ignore the physical act of walking, or vehicles, and assume "aliens did it!"?
I fail to see how hearsay about a legend is relevant.

People or bodies being found in areas already searched.

Human error.

Search dogs refusing to follow a scent.

How do we know a dog "refuses" to follow a scent, when the dog is the only one present who can smell that scent? Scent trails go cold, what you're seeing here is someone trying to put a supernatural angle on something that happens all the time. If the men with the dog knew there was a scent trail not being followed, they WOULDN'T NEED THE DOG! lol

I think you should watch the video in the post to understand what BGTM90 is referring to.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It is a theory...I stand by what I said...you don't like it...that is ok too...moving on.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I once lost my keys and found them on/in my sofa 5 years later after turning the house upside down.

Wherever some of these missing people go, my key went there too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join