It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people DO NOT vanish every year.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've seen it repeated many times on this site that "millions of people go missing/disappear/vanish without a trace every year."

That's 100% not true.

Please go here and read: FBI Missing Person Stats for 2014

In 2014, 635,155 people were reported missing in the US. By the end of the year, 634,367 reports were cancelled due to the person being found or the report was determined to be invalid.

The number of reports that are still open and active long-term, meaning the person has literally vanished without a trace, is ridiculously small.

People get all worked up and start talking about aliens, human trafficking, human sacrifice, alternate dimensions, etc. etc. and it's total nonsense. Stop worrying about something that is NOT true. People simply misinterpret the data and run with it.
edit on 4/10/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Very intriguing story. Had me on the edge of my seat.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A lot of people do vanish, but a lot is maybe twenty thousand. More than that go missing, but many just leave and move somewhere else for personal reasons. Another words they run away.

Every so often someone goes missing around here, and the body is never found. I bet the crows found it though.

There are even some very controversial disappearances around here. One guy up north had the body of his girl friend in a chest and he was going to dispose of it in the woods. You should never do that kind of thing when you are drunk, you get caught.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I read your post, and I agree with most of your points, but you should know that millions of people vanish without a trace every year in the US alone. Therefore aliens.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You are citing a governmental organization that has historically , blatantly fabricated, suppressed, altered the facts to shine the light of truth more favorably in the direction in which they want it to go?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Nonsense? Anyone who shares an opposing opinion to yours is nonsense?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yeah, but that's still like 788 people that are being buried out in the desert or burned to ashes in someone's back yard in 2014, in the US alone, which the FBI with all there resources combined are absolutely powerless to do anything about.......... Just makes you think is all.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Dropped my glass and spewed my screen. Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

are you really only going to factor america into this equation?

also, the list of factors needed to be put on that list

have a proven physical or mental disability (Disability – EMD),
are missing under circumstances indicating that they may be in physical danger (Endangered – EME),
are missing after a catastrophe (Catastrophe Victim – EMV),
are missing under circumstances indicating their disappearance may not have been voluntary (Involuntary – EMI),
are under the age of 21 and do not meet the above criteria (Juvenile – EMJ), or
are 21 and older and do not meet any of the above criteria but for whom there is a reasonable concern for their safety (Other – EMO).

so if someone has no family or friends and goes missing they would not be included on the fbi's list, the fbi would just assume the person up and left of their own free will.

regardless ive always known that the majority of abductions occur outside of america, so lets not restrict your research to the one country i wouldnt bet on for abduction stats

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Do us a favor and check in with us tomorrow anyway, would ya?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure human trafficking is a big deal and doesn't deserve to be placed in the same category as alien abductions and human sacrifices. It's def a relief that the numbers aren't as high as are often thrown around though. And obviously not all of those missing people were trafficked.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I know it is not millions, but you should read the books Missing 411. It's about very unusual cases of people vanishing in national park and forest. Some of the cases are down right bone chilling and creepy. Clothes being found nicely folded next to a body. Young children being found 19 miles and up a mountain from where they where last seen. People or bodies being found in areas already searched. Search dogs refusing to follow a scent. Just some really creepy stuff. Here's an interview with the Author, David Paulides

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
so if someone has no family or friends and goes missing they would not be included on the fbi's list, the fbi would just assume the person up and left of their own free will.

That's something to seriously consider. You hear about people on the news that have been missing for only 48 hours and they have entire search parties out looking for them. But I've personally packed up my car numerous times and just driven off into the sunset for months on end and my family hasn't even attempted to contact me. They just assume I've gone walk about again, like an aboriginal.

Just think about how much people there are like me who don't have kids or any real responsibilities, who could probably go missing for years without anyone really caring, little own filing a missing persons report.

Bunch of arse holes! They always act all concerned when you finally contact them........... Anyway, such is life.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Struggling to understand what's paranormal about this data analysis?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think people usually say millions of people go missing every year, and do not state just in the USA. If you got stats from every country in the world and compiled them, then yeah, I do believe millions of people go missing every year.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Why would the FBI not simply declare all 'missing persons' were accounted for? Why only 788 unaccounted? Where do you draw the line on how much light they shine on the truth? How many unaccounted for would satiate your appetite for the truth? 10,000? 100,000? Seriously, what other database has the breadth and width of the FBI's?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
As already stated many people thankfully do turn up again but I have read a few times at least a thousand people a year are long term missing, thats 20 people a week in this small country

www.independent.co.uk...

www.gov.uk...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

You are citing a governmental organization that has historically , blatantly fabricated, suppressed, altered the facts to shine the light of truth more favorably in the direction in which they want it to go?

I was thinking the same thing...the FBI's spin doctors want the public to think not so many people are missing... so they create a story and statistics to make it so

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Depends what psrt of world your in ... and how badly you manage to piss off the local government ..

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea
Many people forget that it is highly probable that a lot of human sacrafices and humans used for food or slaves by aliens etc are people that are bred for the purpose and never registered and therefore dont exit. If you were an alien race it would make more sense to take a few humans and breed them like cattle etc off planet or in secret underground bases that way people would never know as those that they do not know about can not go missing. Never registered people can never go missing as they are not on the records and therefore theoryetically dont exist. Their has been rumors and stories of this occurring Eg phil schieders storey about people and entities in an underground bases along with breeding programs and genetic alteration programs. It is said that the satanists sometimes have babies( particularly their first born) that are not registered so they can sacrafice them without anybody knowing.

How many people that go missing does any recorded evidence of them exiting also go missing. Therefore as there is no record of them existing they cannot be missing. Loners without any credible friends or family could be prime targets for this. examples may include drug addicts, criminals, people on the street and people that live out in remote areas with few people about. Certain government have been caught out in the past trying to erase the fact that certain people ever existed so this is quite feasible.

Also how many people is a false death certificate given to to cover up other causes of death Eg sorry we have found John doe but he must of walked off this cliff disillusioned and hungry and cold. Preditors have consumed all but a few bones of what was left of him.

While i do believe that aliens take a few people and do multilate a few more as well as that satanist do sacrafice a few people i do not believe that it is a statistically significant number of known registered people. Of unregistered people that exit but are not known about is anybodies guess.

edit on 11-4-2015 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2015 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2015 by Qspeedyrock because: added more

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join