It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Angels - Insane Footage Takes You Inside the Cockpit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Something very similar to that Thunderbirds incident almost happened with the Blues a couple years ago. Number 1 resigned after the show citing a decline in performance if I am correct. No matter how much you try to prevent something like that from happening, there's always the risk.

Off memory there were a couple of instances where the Number 1 went dangerously well over the envelope during the display.Only a few years ago I think.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've seen them a few times at the Abbotsford Airshow in BC. last time I saw them they flew over my house. They were going upside down over the Fraser River. I think they were leaving since the show had ended days earlier. Haven't had the chance to see them since. None of the jets fly over my house anymore. I don't even hear them.

They're amazing! The sound as they rip across the sky thrills me. I like the Thunderbirds too. The Blue Angels are my favourites to see and hear. They're so fast!

Thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Good footage in this video
edit on 11-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I saw the Blue Angels at an Airshow in Toledo Ohio wayyyyy back in the mid 70's and can still remember a lot of it to this day. I'll repeat what people are saying, if you get a chance to see them, take that chance. You won't regret it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm going to see them in Corpus Christi on Saturday along with the F-22 demo team. Cant wait

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
This could be the future but for me wont be the same.
Blue Angels 2018

That's an April Fools joke!

Original source is from 1 April.

F-47 should have given it away

edit on 17 4 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hi,

Awesome footage, being from the UK I had to try and find some red arrow footage. This is the best I could find.

Slightly contrasting styles between the 2 videos.

Enjoy

Link added as something hasn't worked!

m.youtube.com...
edit on 20/4/15 by ioweagle because: Link added

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
I love the expressions on their faces! It's pure, crazy, adrenaline fueled joy lol and they all seem to love gum.

I facial expressions are what is called hick or in my time called the "energy straining procedure". It is used to avoid "black out" or "G-lock" during a high "G" maneuver.

The flying in these demos are nothing more than what is taught in flight school. The selection process is to get the best representative of the military service nothing more. The flight time requirement is for the pilots to develop situational awareness while flying. This is the most important aspect of this type of flying.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I love when the blues come out for fleet week in the bay. Usually I watch them from the USS hornet, which is docked at the now closed NAS Alameda. its got a perfect view of Runway 30L where the Angels take off from, and is actually devoid of tourists (unlike Chrissy field).
This year was special though.

I have a recording on my scanner from the Blue's Sunday performance in SF this year (10-16-15 was the date I believe) where you can hear that one plane got more than "a little too close" to his wingman during a diamond formation.
I believe the pilot is heard saying "his wing bobbed in and hit my canopy"
needless to say, the blues did a quick RTB after this. Luckily, the incident occured around 3:45, and they were on final maneuvers before heading back to OAK, so no one really noticed.

I don't think I can upload audio files to ATS, but if anyone is interested, id be more than happy to send it out!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join