It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Admits to Quotas, Falsifying Charges, & Extorting the Poor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You should see how it works on the Federal level.

Try and be a a** with a federal cop on a military base or federal facility.

Even BLM and forest service law enforcement officers can make your day really bad.

In some parts of the US you could end up in jail 500 to 1000 miles away from where you are arrested.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: bullcat
The only problem with that is no one reports the good news stories.

Too few and far between to actually find.

Jude11

Not at all. But the phrase is "if it bleeds, it leads" not "if it gives you a warm fuzzy, we'll make a segment out of it"

And that is also true.

Jude11

edit on 10-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I can post positive police stories on a regular basis.

Matter of fact here you go www.goodnewsnetwork.org...

Even better www.facebook.com...

Cool too www.facebook.com...

Love it www.huffingtonpost.com...

Truthfully, many don't care about the positive stories because they have an "implicit bias" towards the police.
edit on 10-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You are correct.

Generally speaking, when you find a government document listing an officer's salary it includes pay, sick time, vacation time, the part the employer pays into insurance, the part the employer pays into retirement, etc.

I worked for a medium sized (busy) agency in Florida for 10 years and I left at 42k a year before taxes. My take home pay was $1034ish every two weeks.

That included my incentive pay for having a degree and multiple salary incentive training classes. If I didn't have that I would of made around $30 less a paycheck.

Patrol officers making 75K plus are generally limited to New York and California. They are the exception and not the rule.

I would say 50K would probably be a good across the board average. Even then, NY and CA really inflate those numbers.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Truthfully, many don't care about the positive stories because they have an "implicit bias" towards the police.

Hate to say it, but I'm bias because I get harassed when I stand out.

I own two vehicles- an old, reliable beater with a # paint job- and a fairly shiney, newer flatbed truck.

If I drive the truck, I get left alone. I look like I'm heading to a job site. If I drive the car, I'll get pulled over, harassed, and randomly ticketed about once a month- exact same drive.

That's profiling, and I resent it. and it's been happening for well over a decade, the entire time I've been driving. Last time I bought a junk car, I got two miles away before being pulled over and ticketed for taking it to the place to get an inspection sticker- the first time I drove it, TO the inspection place.

I know many people with nice shiny cars who have gone months, and sometimes a year+ without being pulled over for an expired sticker.

The police around here are opportunists praying on those they perceive to be poor- and therefore not powerful enough to fight them. Hard to respect that, IMO.

Meanwhile, I've had thousands of tools and equipment stolen from my property since moving here- and filed a police report for over a dozen incidents- without so much as a single call back.
One time a police officer did stop by though. They gave me a ticket for having a small fire in my back yard. Roasting marshmallows on your own property? Can't have that...

Systemic corruption, opportunistic extortion, a gang-like mentality of above-the-law thugs funded by my tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: Don't want to stray away from the thread anymore sorry

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Damn thats not alot of money.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
They are trying to push forward a deal were it will be next to impossible to fight traffic tickets here, just announced and a huge stink over it..the concern is of course there will be a big increase in virtualy unfightable ticket..possibility for abuse..you bet.
www.vancouversun.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join