It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Detective Suspended After Video Shows Him Taking Cash During Brooklyn Deli Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
7online.com...

Apparently despite probably using any number of technological surveillance techniques, this moron didn't think a deli in Brooklyn would have a camera on its register area.

And then his supervisor tries to casually dismiss it. Icing on the cake of stupid.

Makes me scratch my head, roll my eyes, and get that gnarly feeling in my stomach. Hopefully it leads to charges and termination. If it doesn't, I just don't know what to say.
edit on 4/10/2015 by kosmicjack because: fixed all caps

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wow...
Glad to hear it isn't paid leave while this gets handled.

The guy couldn't be more obvious about it, freaking eight tries(didn't really count) to get it in his pocket too, mr smooth right there.
edit on thFri, 10 Apr 2015 16:45:41 -0500America/Chicago420154180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The guy couldn't be more obvious about, freaking eight tries(didn't really count) to get it in his pocket too, mr smooth right there.

LOL! That's what I thought. "Mr Smooth"
He's a lousy cop and an even lousier criminal.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

This is the third time I've heard of cops being disciplined in the past two days.

The first was the man charged with murder for shooting Walter Scott in the back while he ran away.
The second is ten cops were just put on leave after a video of them beating a guy on the ground for minutes surfaced.

Now this.

Maybe our voices are being heard after all. We want abusive and criminal cops punished - fast and with zero tolerance.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm hoping, probably against hope, that the supervisor's comment wasn't how the victim describes it. I can see that statement being said in incredulity at the incredibly stupid action by the detective because it puts his whole future in jeopardy.

But the fact that, at least according to the article, nobody investigated anything till the media got involved doesn't look at all good for my hopes.

Still scratching my head about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I know you don't condone this kind of crap or corruption, but I want to say thank you for not defending the officers or wanting to wait until the investigation is over.

By God, we need more officers like you! Straight to the point and wanting the offenders held accountable is quite admirable!

I busted your chops this morning in jest and riled you up(that's the impression I got) so I just want to clarify that I appreciate your concern/condemnation on another twisted person of authority!

As for the officer that tried to steal, all I can say is, what a moron.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
Maybe our voices are being heard after all. We want abusive and criminal cops punished - fast and with zero tolerance.

I think it's definitely a result of the bad press and the attention this is finally getting across the US (and the world).

It should also be noted that this cop was so blase about it all, and nothing was being done until the media attention started. This is indicative of how deeply rooted this problem is. These things just give more and more reason to believe that these things are routinely covered up by corrupt cops and their superiors, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of this being exposed in the coming years.

Imagine in a couple of years, if the environment is right and people feel safe coming forward because they know they'll get more public support, there could be thousands of cases of historical abuse and corruption brought to light.

Any cop who has ever taken a bribe, ever had something "dealt with" by their colleagues, ever intimidated a witness of complainant, should be quaking in their boots for the rest of their careers.

I have a feeling public attitude is changing in the US, and with the media now seeing that a "bad cop" story gets attention, they'll be looking for more to dig up

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ya I can see him saying it out of straight denial, I think when he said it would be a big factor.
Was it before or after the man had shown him the tape.
If it was after, then I would have to see it as him trying to cover the guy, pushing some bold face lie.
If it was before, then sure, he just didn't want to accept what he was being told.

And yes, very telling it took the media pushing them to get the ball rolling.
Kinda shows the PD's true intentions IMO.

I also must say I agree with what Kawrider9 just said about ya.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Nahhh. I am un-riled man.

Sometimes we need to wait for more to come to light (like the supervisor's comment here), other times not. Stuffing cash that isn't yours in your pocket, on camera, doesn't leave a ton of room for ambiguity I don't think.

After thinking on it some more, I think my earlier idea is probably going to be what happens with the supervisor's story. It'll turn in to a he said/ he said thing. What will be telling is what the supe did between viewing the video and the story breaking. First appearance is: nothing at all.

Idiots. Again.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm sure this is just peanuts, considering how much money some cops must take during drug raids. Who's going to believe a drug dealer if he says there was more money than what cops confiscated? Temptation for some cops must be overwhelming considering how much cops get paid.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's ok, I'm pretty sure he told that pile of cash to quit resisting.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
7online.com...

Apparently despite probably using any number of technological surveillance techniques, this moron didn't think a deli in Brooklyn would have a camera on its register area.

And then his supervisor tries to casually dismiss it. Icing on the cake of stupid.

Makes me scratch my head, roll my eyes, and get that gnarly feeling in my stomach. Hopefully it leads to charges and termination. If it doesn't, I just don't know what to say.

Is he one of the good or bad cops?

So there are TWO people involved here, the cop with sticky fingers and his supervisor defending him.

So, there is TWO bad cops, or TWO good cops? Which one is good which one is bad?

Somebody please clarify.

edit on 10-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Probably every time he missed his pocket...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I've worked out how I can live my criminal life and not ever be seriously persecuted..

I'll just become a cop. I'll nod and smile, and when I get my time, I'll be able to do what I want when I want, and never have to face the scrutiny that you mere peons have to.

Why did i not consider this earlier.

*throws gang hand signs.. I mean, puts on a uniform*

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

One cop stole money. Bad cop.

The supervisor did not steal anything. Right now it looks like he didn't do anything about it when he found out the other cop stole money. Also bad cop, but for a different reason.

new topics

top topics

join