It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful when you tweet about Clorox Bleach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
LOL...this is a "first world problems" kind of issue.

Sure, Clorox stepped in a big, ol stinky pile. So?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
OK, I saw their tweet. I'm still not seeing anything racist.

Is it just me? They were asking where the emoji for bleach was, as in "clean". I'd use a bleach bottle icon if someone texted me something that "hurt" my eyes.

I think you really have to stretch it to make it seem like they were trying to bleach away the "color" in the new emojis.

And I hate the term "emoji" What is that? Why is this a thing? Can't we spell words anymore?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Wow, I didn't see this one coming.
I currently dabble in marketing and this would not have been on my radar. I'm usually pretty good at judging when something could be taken the wrong way on social media, but even I wouldn't have predicted this causing outrage.

Or, should I say, fake outrage?

I do think this was just people reading their own bias into something that was simply innocent (and not very good from a marketing perspective).

This is hardly up there with D&G preaching about same-sex marriage and adoption, while expecting people not to boycott. I do think the people whining about this are seeing something that's not there. I feel bad for whoever thought up that emoji pic and got such a bad attitude back.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I think sometimes people misunderstand what someone says and takes offense. It happens. I don't think this has much at all to do with PC. Just because someone gets offended, doesn't mean political correctness is involved. Sometimes it's just silliness.

No matter what - and I mean NO MATTER WHAT - you put out there today, SOMEONE is going to take offense. It's like a contest to see who can be more disagreeable.

This is precisely why there are a growing number of Americans who are opting out of giving a damn who is offended by what they say. If somebody is going to take offense, regardless the intent, then a man may as well get the biggest bang for their buck and speak their mind. The outrage isn't PC, but the expectation of "falling all over yourself apologizing over people deciding to be offended" is absolutely PC. Clorox did not make the decision for those who were offended, neither did Clorox force them to take offense, thus there's nothing for Clorox to apologize for here at all... and that would hold true even if Clorox intended people to take offense because the ultimate decision whether or not to be offended (and thus the blame) always lies in the hands of the person who ends up either offended or not offended.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Black emojis were added today. Saying this implies you'd rather the emojis be only white, by adding bleach."

Actual tweet.

If you need to dig that far to find "implied racism," maybe you should take a look at yourself and ask why you were looking so hard in the first place.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So, people really got all offended by that.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

??? Can you tell the rest of us, who don't click on every link, exactly what happened? Thanks.

Here's the exact tweet that got everyone in an uproar.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This is your country now America. Pretty much getting like this in the UK too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join