It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.8 EQ California...Was ATS Member Correct?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Timing is off.
Location is off.
Magnitude is off.
It's a 4.something in a state which regularly sees EQ's of this magnitude.

Sorry guys, but this is nothing remarkable. Taking a guess that there might be an EQ in an extremely EQ prone region is not proof of any supernatural/psychic/metaphysical phenomena.

The only thing this has proven is that people will bend reality and stretch the bounds of logic and reason to suit their belief in something supernatural.

I will be impressed if there is an EQ in Los Angeles today that is more considerable than one in the state of California seen on average once every couple of days.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

There is still time left in the prediction. 1 and 45 minutes left. So you can't say that he is off on all three counts when it isn't 16:17 PST yet.

I don't care whether it comes true or not. I give props to Unbreakable for having the courage to come out with a prediction, that's as specific as it is, and willing to admit that it's likely nothing will happen regardless. At any rate, still coincidental that two of same magnitude, depth, and location happened. Oh well...
edit on 4/10/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: jude11

A 4.8 is pretty strong. Will keep an eye on this. It could trigger a bigger one

What!? *sigh* I want to cry and scream. No, this isn't strong at all. Plus this was out in the ocean, no one is going to feel it at all.

THIS IS NOT A SIZABLE QUAKE

Sincerly,
A California native who lived there for over 30's years and experienced dozens of quakes.
edit on 4/10/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Rocker2013

There is still time left in the prediction. 1 and 45 minutes left. So you can't say that he is off on all three counts when it isn't 16:17 PST yet.

I don't care whether it comes true or not. I give props to Unbreakable for having the courage to come out with a prediction, that's as specific as it is, and willing to admint that its likely that nothing will happen regardless. At any rate, still coincidental that two of same magnitude, depth, and location happened. Oh well...

Oh I appreciate that he did come forward with it, absolutely. I have no evidence to say that the ability to foresee events is not possible, far from it in fact. I have considered plenty of things like this myself before and have experienced things that I can't explain.

Perhaps I didn't express myself properly, I could have done a better job. My criticism isn't of him or making the prediction, it's the desperation to believe. I am critical of the willingness people have to abandon all scientific thought in an effort to embrace something which (in all likelihood) is more plausibly coincidental.

Instead of seeking information about how common EQ's are in California, and how EQ's are often downgraded (or sometimes upgraded), and instead of looking at the inaccuracies of the prediction, almost everyone jumped in with amazement that an EQ happened in a state where EQ's are a daily occurrence.

I look forward to seeing what happens in the next couple of hours, hard to say that about an EQ prediction without feeling like a terrible person.

If more criteria is met to match the prediction then I will freely admit that it's more interesting than simply coincidental

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I'll re-phrase it.. MODERATE not strong ! there
I've been on the top floor on a building with rollers during a 4. something EQ. It is no fun to jolt around and feel the building move around. Depends on where you happen to be at when it strikes. Some are just jolts and some just sway you around. Either way, i'ts been engraved into our mind that the big one is coming soon. So any small quake is a wake up call of what could be around the corner. May not be much but it's the constant reminder that one day the San Andreas or the Whittier Narrows fault will give.

Sincerely, A CA native who has lived there (and currently living there) for over 30 years and has experienced many quakes.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There are 35 earthquakes A DAY between 4.0 and 4.9.

Predicting an 8.6 and then claiming a 4.8 as a hit is total fail.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

No one claimed that a 4.8 was a hit for the prediction. One hour and ten minutes left for the prediction to occur. We haven't reached 16:17 PST yet. So technically, the prediction isn't yet a failed prediction.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I mean the dude predicted the area

Take a look at a map, you might be surprised.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

4.8 is a hiccup. Hardly worth creating a thread over it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: jude11

2. I believe his time prediction was 4:17...Only a few minutes off so far.

It's only 12:45 in Los Angeles. He's definitely still got some time left on the clock for his prediction.

Yup, I'm on the E. Coast so screwed up on that one.

Let's wait and see because that might have been a fore shock. Possible.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
There are 35 earthquakes A DAY between 4.0 and 4.9.

Predicting an 8.6 and then claiming a 4.8 as a hit is total fail.

Who claimed a hit? Where are these people or this person? Where is the thread?

I guess you never read the OP title or content.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Everyone in their bunkers? 17 min to go........

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm in Los Angeles and felt nothing...

But what is important is that we have a possible earthquake predictor here on ATS?

Was this down to the day and area? This is kind of creepy.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So I'm here in L.A. , caught this thread and if an earthquake happens at 4:17 I will literally SH*** MY F***** PANTS.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountainWas this down to the day and area? This is kind of creepy.

You have 5 min......

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountainWas this down to the day and area? This is kind of creepy.

You have 5 min......

*Popcorn*

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
One Minute!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2015 by GoShredAK because: retarded

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:17 PM