It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with people? Man caught on camera punching toddler in the face.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Poor kid, this is a sad situation all round.

I have no idea why so many are wishing a beating upon the guy when it has been shown time and time again that violence begets violence and quite possibly the cause of the problem in the first place.

Surely it's better he gets help with his parenting skills and temper so it doesn't happen again rather than further perpetuate the problem just to satisfy your thirst for retribution?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Some one like this does'nt need to 'learn' how to be a better parent, they need to NOT ever do it. I'm betting he knew not to do that, he just thought he could get away with it, would he have done the same in front of a cop? Would he have done it if that wasnt his child in front of the actual parent? - i very much doubt it, and if he would have done the same thing regardless of situation or audience, then he needs to be taken out of the public, thats what prison is for. If he happens to get beaten in prison, well thats just going to make the memory all the more easy to remember next time he raises his hand.

Theres simply no excuse for this, sending a man like that to parent school wont control his temper.

edit on b4141841 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Some one like this does'nt need to 'learn' how to be a better parent, they need to NOT ever do it. I'm betting he knew not to do that, he just thought he could get away with it, would he have done the same in front of a cop? Would he have done it if that wasnt his child in front of the actual parent? - i very much doubt it, and if he would have done the same thing regardless of situation or audience, then he needs to be taken out of the public, thats what prison is for. If he happens to get beaten in prison, well thats just going to make the memory all the more easy to remember next time he raises his hand.

Theres simply no excuse for this, sending a man like that to parent school wont control his temper.

I have to argue your point because I know of people with tempers who have learned new skills and techniques to control their anger and discipline their children in a calm manner.

I don't disagree, by the way, that somebody like this may need to be removed from the situation temporarily if necessary to avoid further harm, but plenty of evidence says to me that a beating is going to make reoffending more likely.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

oh right, yeah i agree with you, i thought it was meant like, "just give him some lessons" - obviously this could be done while in prison, but taken off the streets would be a must in my opinion yeah.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: infolurker

At least the cops arrested this one! We saw a man in line at a store repeatedly punching a small girl int he arm. Reported it, instead of my first choice, which was to knock him down, and the store claimed they could do nothing! Cameras all over, and they refused to call the police. By the time we could get to a phone (didn't have cells then), the people involved were leaving.

Next time you see something like that, rather than knocking them out which could land you in jail, you should just video it with your phone and make them the next online sensation on youtube. Nowadays it seems the way to really get justice is to use Social Media. Most other options are all corrupt or broken for the most part anyway, but someone is always waiting to give someone there dues online.

If we'd had a cell phone among us, I definitely would have, and posted it for all to see, as well as showing the police and demanding action! At that time, we didn't have any. This was quite some time back, and we hadn't gotten around to cell phones yet. Jail time is the only reason physical action wasn't taken, because sure as rain, we'd have ended up in trouble, while the child abuser walked. That sort of incident, and some serious car breakdowns, were some of what convinced the hubby that a cell phone was really a good idea, and needed. Your method is the best one these days, for certain! Prosecutors have a hard time ignoring public outrage, and cases that might not be as readily pursued end up being pushed because of video.

I actually did record an incident once since then, though that was a case of a crowd of cowardly punks attacking a lone soldier, knocking him down, and giving him a concussion before running off. The cops got a copy of that, and descriptions of the guys involved as much as we were able, and how they appeared to be planning something just before the incident. No idea what ended up happening there, but we tried. They were a little far away for clear footage, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Let's hope the father of the boy is a six foot tall world champion kick boxer.. I hope that guy doesn't have kids on his own..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join