It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China pushing their power

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

France - joined NATO, then left NATO, then rejoined.
Philippines - allowed us presence, ended us presence, allows us presence.
Central Asian nations - allowed us presence, ended us presence.

I cam keep going ?however your position of occupation by NATO or the us is faulty and woefully ignorant.

The reason we are involved in what's going on in Asia, specifically china, revolves around not only US interests, like Guam and a few other US territories or commonwealths, but also because of our alliances with other nations.

I find it funny that you ignore the sovereign rights of a nation to pick and choose its friends when those nations want nothing to do with china (and Russia).

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
America is pushing their power in Europe by deploying NATO everywhere on pimp-my-ride tours.

America/NATO is even publishing propaganda videos on You Tube like ISIS does.

edit on 16-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
America is pushing their power in Europe by deploying NATO everywhere on pimp-my-ride tours.

This thread is about china.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It's also about "pushing power" and I'm highlighting the hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The ones the US military occupies are "friend" and allies"-- the ones we don't, the enemy.

When China secures resources thats "pushing it', but other nations do the same thing and nary a peep.

Got it.
edit on 16-4-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

When they illegally extend their borders over international waters by patrols and threatening the ENTIRE south china sea then I DO beleve that is expansionistic.
I 'm silly like that.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

But ...WE LEAVE.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It's also about "pushing power" and I'm highlighting the hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy? specifically.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The US is not occupying any country.

China's claim on resources is as valid as the other countries in the region making the same claims, and with better claim documentation than China has provided.. The difference is China is trying to force the UN out of the equation and them lay claims to all while ignoring the smaller nations.

Secondly China is abusing the EEZ, which only applies to resources. It is NOT part of sovereign territory, something China has a problem understanding. Just like China "building" Islands to support their claims on the region all the while ignoring the fact the "international standard" they are trying to use specifically prohibits the construction of islands in order to further territorial claims or EEZ claims.

China is in fact the problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Spare me the high moral ground spiel.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

How does one "threaten an entire sea"?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You build artificial islands strateigically and claim them territorilly your own,then aggressively patrol them.
SPARE US your lack of attention span.
edit on 16-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Spare me the high moral ground spiel.

Its not a moral high ground speech..

Its the truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

See?finance.yahoo.com...
This was EASY to find.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Few understand China's game plan.

www.ndtv.com... hips-to-use-pakistans-port-after-colombo-snub-755291

America is playing right into their hands, the Chinese know full well these "threats" in the South China sea will raise fear in it's Eastern Asian neighbors, they also know that America will "pivot" to the Pacific which is a waste of our Military resources. All China wants is it's 3 biggest trading partners aside from the USA... Japan, South Korea and Taiwan

When the time is right China will use the fear and offer good deals to assure these nations vassal up to China and tell the US to but out, America would be largely impotent with a growing Asian population particularly in Canada aggression to assert control will be impossible, The West Coast and Australia are rapidly becoming pacific rim Nations economically, you could never have real issue with a China, Taiwan and SK in agreement and China is haggling... "we'll take everything by force and there will be war" being the asking price and offering to just take 1/4 will be the bargain, SK and Japan have had quite enough of our bases and military and... these are Asian nations and neighbors. The Chinese take a long term perspective they know in the long run East Asia will choose trade over war and they are sending the US the wrong way.

That's where the top link comes in...

Trade corridor for Pakistan and a port in the Middle East.

They are after Central Asia and the Middle East, busy funding us to soften the region and slowly over a long time the Chinese move in... It's the Oil they need to sustain their economy and there is a lot of it. Pakistan might as well be their Austria, they dominate the Kazakhstani Oil now, they have a port in the Indian Ocean with a road that can now carry a lot of Tanks, when like Russia and the US before them they invade it will be Afghanistan because of instability which we will get the blame for and terrorism which will suit Pakistan just fine.

There is a reason why suddenly we support Iran, it's name is China because as the ME stands after what has gone down and it's relationship with Pakistan, China can basically walk through the region if we leave, the center of the Middle East is corroded, there is nothing left but lunatics in Iraq, If Iran falls the day will surely come, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia are assured of being ethnically Chinese this century and that's the kind of long term game they play, even Siberia is ethnically lost already, look at a map and read population numbers.... all those nations combined equal two Chinese cities including eastern Russia, China can turn the whole region over via immigration and trade. And they know it.

China speaks East, but looks West in Asia and all but paid us to assure there would be nothing left to prevent them from one day absorbing those territories.

Before I die in 50 years, China will control everything all the way to the Mediterranean directly or indirectly wont matter their influx and numbers be overwhelming culturally.

If Israel does the work for them in regards to Iran like we did in Iraq they might never fire a shot beyond Afghanistan and take the whole chess board.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
More info:
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
If that article is correct, China is doing nothing wrong and/or illegal.

Fiery Cross Reef (Northwest Investigator Reef) is in the International Waters part of the Spratly Islands chain.

Thank you for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

And CLAIMING it as soverign territory is JUST FINE with you?
KIDS.
They have NO concept of STRATEGY and history anymore.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

KIDS.

I know...it's not like our ally Taiwan hasn't already done the exact same thing...or anything like that.

Damn history...always getting in the way of the BS brigade at ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

KIDS.

I know...it's not like our ally Taiwan hasn't already done the exact same thing...or anything like that.

Damn history...always getting in the way of the BS brigade at ATS.

It doesn't even matter what Taiwan does, in the end, the long run they, wont be enemies.

China is striking a balance between it's "soft" and "hard" power in the region. It places a military to "be able" to fight the USA in the local region and intimidate it's neighbors, but it does it without fighting, it waits for a generation in Taiwan to die off that is extremely opposed to China all while the newly wealthy Chinese "travel abroad" showing their faces, it builds cities the young Taiwanese want to visit, it slowly opens cities like Shanghai, even in Hong Kong Chinese tourists come now in droves, Music and entertainment is loosening as well.

It's obvious the Chinese plan for East Asia is a combination of

"come be under our military umbrella not the usa"

"your economy depends on our economy"

"Visit China"

"look how rich we are and how much fun we can be"

The absorption of South Korea will be K-pop let into China and increased tourism and standing up to NK whom they have already repeatedly placed troops on the border of in recent years an obvious signal that if NK goes crazy they can respond better than the USA

Just this week Chinese news agencies bent over backwards to exclaim how "Japan said Thank You to China" for rescuing Japanese from Yemen and how impressed the Japanese rescuers were by their navy one article was titled "Pigs Fly, Japanese Thank China" which is the first step to the long desired "apology" from Japan... Taiwan IS Chinese and the kids don't care about 50 years ago.

China will take East Asia via "Soft Power" in the long run, the combination of ethnic identity, economic control it's powerful local military, top trading position and softening on tourism and cultural interaction is much more than we can offer... we offer a Nuclear Umbrella, something that's not needed at all in East Asia if your friends with China

IN fact

The ONLY way we keep the East Asian nations including Taiwan is if we were to start a fight in the very near future with our stupid "pivot" an action which could maybe just speed up the situation falling into Chinese hands, any "limited" military action over something the USA causes that results in US "foreign" troops increasing on Asian soil wont work well, the "common man" doesn't "love" our big Caucasian and African American soldiers in their local bars trying to screw and sometimes rape their women and the "Common man" doesn't give nearly the crap about small islands their leaders do... if people "Die" in mainland Japan, SK or Taiwan as a result of a USA caused altercation when it ends we will be gone...

Even Japan... as I said just this week Chinese war ships are rescuing them, when ISIS killed 2 Japanese we did NOTHING

They are going to win the "soft power" war for East Asia without a fight, it's definitive... Visiting the USA outside of Hawaii Asian tourists are met often with "rude" stupid sales clerks, encounter comment and racism sometimes, our inner cities are dangerous to walk in, customs in airports are somewhat tense and abusive, Our cities are now "nothing new" while China's are world wonders to go so.... In the cities when the Chinese travel, they have a lot more money to spend than US citizen which is a reason to court them, when you go there it's polite as all hell, over time, friendships are made.

The biggest reason though... they simply have more money a lot more money and as the saying goes Money talks and BS walks... and eventually maybe 10 years, maybe 20 years or even 40... the USA is going to be told to "take a walk"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join