It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's that time of year again. It's tick season. I was petting one of my girls yesterday and found one. Make sure you check your furry friends to make sure they don't have any nasty little blood suckers on them.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
when i first saw this thread as a brit all i could think of was

but i'd already notice our cats needing de-fleaing (again) but its always good to warn pet owners to get the meds on order before its needed

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Especially after a walk or even during. They grab on the pet during walks outside and crawl to the warmest place, behind the ears, under the tail, leg "pits". Running your hands over your pet is "petting" and enjoyable to both, thats why they are called "pets".

The sooner you catch the tick before its burrowed under the skin, the less chance they can transmit disease.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was hoping for some "it's kitten season" pics lol

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Great reminder! Thanks!

I thought the thread was going to be about the shedding the winter coat, which is something I always dread! This is barely 1/2 of one dog...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ha! That reminds me of when I used to groom my long haired high maintenance cats. I wished I could have spun the hairs into yarn.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That reminds me of my dog when she sheds. She gets this huge amount of fluff you wouldn't believe came from one dog.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Great picture for the one in the background...

"Oh no! I'm next!" LOL

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I hate ticks. Texas is second only to Washington, DC in blood sucker infestation. It started for me about 4 weeks ago. My boys (Donner and Blitzen) are outside dogs who get to come indoors only when I'm home. I bring them in for about an hour or two a day just to give them a good once over, or a bath, whichever is warranted.

I find them daily, spraying my yard helps but does not solve the problem. Chemicals suck, I have searched high and low for a natural alternative to treat the environment versus treating the dogs. I had a vaccine injured dog (Dancer) and it was a sad, sad experience. She wasted away just like she had parvo after the vaccine. Chicken broth and activated charcoal counteracted the symptoms somewhat, but not before the damage was done.

Good thread OP. Reminders are important to keep us all aware of parasites that feed off our loved ones.

new topics

top topics

join