It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Challenge Black Student to Basketball Game, and Arrest Him After He Beats Them

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I haven't seen any post, other than yours, that brings up the notion that 'black' had anything to do with what happened.

I guess you missed the title of the thread then.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I was referring to the posts here. No one is seeing it as a racial issue, other than you.

edit:

When posting an article, the actual title from it is considered proper to use.
edit on 4/10/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I don't know about monthly mental exams but at least yearly mental check ups should be mandatory. Some of the things that cops see are enough to send anyone crazy (bad donuts, cold cups of coffee) just kidding. Had a mate who is a cop who definitely should not have a gun. They might be ok when they join up but some of the stuff they see would give them PTSD. My mate was telling me about some of the accidents he had to attend. Not good.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I was referring to the posts here. No one is seeing it as a racial issue, other than you.

How about the people who wrote the article and came up with the headline?

Am I not allowed to question their motives? I don't see it as a racial issue. They do.

That's my whole point.
edit on 4/10/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yeah I thought I read that he wasn't sure if they were the same, but it does sound like it was the same cops.

Anyway, he wasn't arrested, and if they did harass him because he beat them on the basketball court, then they're pretty petty, but I find that unlikely.

Regardless of the reason, it's not going to change the cop haters minds, they'll cling to every little thing they can, true or not.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Only in Breaking Alternative News forum.

Anywhere else, it's whatever you want it to be..

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Sure you can but don't flatly state everyone here is falling for some slant. I didn't care what race the man was, I was interested in what happened in the interaction. The word 'black' didn't have much influence in my reading it or what I thought of the result.

edit on 4/10/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

All supposition here.

You don't know their motives, yet speak as though it's fact.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I am glad you reminded me . That is a really good idea. In the military certain branches with certain responsibilities had to undergo psychological exams once every year or 2 . This was due to the pure stress level of what they did. Why cant they do the same for police officers ?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I agree.

There are only three causes of crime.

Money, sex, and revenge.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

All supposition here.

You don't know their motives, yet speak as though it's fact.

It doesn't take two hours to search a vehicle on a road side stop. That was harassment, plain and simple.

They never intended to make an arrest. Poor losers.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

But it takes them two days to come back to harass them?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Isn't that normally the truth. That tends to show what humans consider important.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

But it takes them two days to come back to harass them?

Yah, right away would have been too obvious, even to you.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Isn't that normally the truth. That tends to show what humans consider important.

I can't claim credit for that statement. Something I heard Joe Kenda, "Homicide Hunter" say…

Link to article

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'd say it pretty obvious. Money and sex seems to be what destroys marriages most often.

Ego, leading to revenge, ranks right up there in many people.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

There's a test that can confirm whether somebody is a jerk or not? Is it an actual psych test or is it from Vogue or something?

I can think of three guys off the top of my head who would pass any scenario test you give them with flying colors. Why? Because they're good cops. But they're jerks, and would likely talk crap to the subject the entire time.

It is entirely possible to be a good guy but a bad cop, and vice versa. And that's the point I was making. Not everything is a freakin mental health problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

there should be mandatory testing for whatever job you have, you know....just to make sure you're not stealing pens out of the supply closet and stuff.

or, you know, PDs could actually start cracking down on behavior like this and eventually people will learn the badge is not a power tool.

Or better drug tests.... They really need to step up drug testing of police

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this
If I had my way, these tests would be faar from standard.
They would be random and disguised. Secret shopper style.
I imagine most cops would be better behaved if they were on the look out for things like that.
Once in a while, they get a call, but the person calling is really assessing how they handle the situations.
Who knows if that would work, but I think we can all agree that something needs to be done to keep "bad" cops off the force.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This is typical of what happens when power is given to men with a mental state of a 10th grade high school student.

He now knows to never associate or socialize with the police.

a 10th grade student who got bullied and is now a hall monitor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join