It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synthetic Visual Telepathy and ET Communications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

In Star Trek, the universal translator can decode a language by simply listening to a fragment of alien speech. This would imply that language, like life, is quantifiable and that all forms of verbal communication share a universal code or pattern. But if this assumption doesn't hold true to all intelligent life, synthetic visual telepathy might come in handy. If the emergence of eyes is common to life across space so would be brain structures analogous to our visual cortex; another device capable of extrapolating the functioning of an alien's visual cortical areas, by stimulating its eye and scanning its brain, would then be able to directly interface with visual thought. Would this be the real universal translator?

You've heard about the close encounters of the third kind in which extraterrestrials telepathically communicate with humans. Could science support the idea of VISUAL synthetic telepathy as a conceivable method for galactic inter-species communication?

Synthetic Visual Telepathy and Intergalactic Relations

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thyextendedself

I think the missing equation for you here is spirit or spirituality

Real telepathy might be directly spirit to spirit

Energy to energy

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is based on an awful lot of assumptions.....

Even if life, and intelligent life, is found to exist elsewhere, and we eventually come into contact with it, who's to say that it/they would have eyes? Our eyes only detect a very small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. It seems a lot more reasonable to think that life elsewhere in the universe might have evolved other organs that let them 'see', than it does to think that eyes are a common feature throughout the universe....Hell, we have species here on Earth that don't have eyes...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The simple truth is that telepathic info escapes the common, "animal" physical senses and work directly with thoughts and not pictures. Rather, I should add, that telepathy need not use visual or audio stimuli. And if you would want to impart a concept to another mind, how do you visualize a concept? So direct mind-to-mind thought transference is the simple explanation. However, thought WORDS is a dropping back from pure thoughts to a primitive, formalized, mechanical process/system of messaging to expressly explain or display a particular point.

Feel free to laugh at, disbelieve, or ignore the following personal proof that I offer.

At the beginning of a lime-loss abduction experience in 1964 I "heard" (as if someone was speaking to me) in my head the simple words, "Keep driving. Once you cross the rail road tracks everything will be alright."

That "thought" in my head occurred immediately after spotting a bright light in the sky as I rounded a curve in a rural road one night in my (then) neighborhood. The words seemed as clear as if they had been spoken into my ear. You will note that it is a command, actually a two-fold command. No visualization was involved. A split second prior to receiving that command, I had been struck with the strongest feelings of terror that I every experienced either before that or in the decades since.

I have not consciously experienced that same phenomena again except one time in 1985 when I was thinking about a risky, personal situation as I lay in bed. Then I got a message that seemed like a neon sign that flashed across my forehead: "Don't do anything rash." That was a rather unusual message, rather high-class for what I typically would have told myself instead such as: "Don't do anything stupid, stupid." But I followed it, and it proved to be a wise message.

BTW, I don't discount visual image thought input. We call them "visions." I experienced a couple as a child of four and later at six, with no words in my head, but with the distinct knowledge of knowing how to find my way out of the woods I was lost within.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

When you think you subconsciously or automatically convert the thought into a word, when you learn a new language you understand this but the actually thought is abstract and not a word so if we could dispense with the usual normal translation from thought to word and back again that probably loses about 99 percent of the original thought then communication would be so much more accurate but of course this would require a kind of super consciousness that bound being's together and in that how would you be certain it was your own thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thyextendedselfIf the emergence of eyes is common to life across space so would be brain structures analogous to our visual cortex; another device capable of extrapolating the functioning of an alien's visual cortical areas, by stimulating its eye and scanning its brain,

Have you heard of Synesthesia? It's actually quite common in blind people to develop forms of sight based on a visualized translation of information. No eyes necessary.

Based on a physical analysis of dog's eyes - this is a physical analysis - dogs only see in black in white.

The DOD working with the Army has learned that dogs actually form what you're referring to - a very real psychic bond with their owner. This, overtime actually leads to the jokingly documented phenomena on the internet - which is quite real I might add - of the dog 'sharing physical facial features' with the owner. No, they weren't trying to weaponize it, they were trying to simply learn about it, for one simple reason: Dogs have an intelligence which permits this bonding which is different - not to be mistaken with beyond - different - than a humans intelligence.

Clearly, the implications from a military perspective can be profound. Understanding different cultures and 'why they hate us so' is beneficial and crucial to our own species progression - up to understanding different potential forms of life and intelligence on this planet and others when we're permitted to travel off planet.

From this research - they have already learned how bees, minnows, ants, and some birds - fly in complete unison - as they form a collective mind as they fly. Dynamically.

My advice is: If you're going to research or consider areas of mind - Quit focusing so much on artificial limitations imposed by the traditional laws of physics. Light, sound, touch - are all nothing more than sensory input stimulus - and they 'form' the thing we refer to as 'the mind'. The mind is much more related to the psychological inputs from the stimulus than it is in the storage and retention mechanisms themselves.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Most vertebrates and invertebrates have eyes. Visual perception is common on Earth and animal blindness the exception. "Complex, image-forming eyes evolved independently some 50 to 100 times." (Land, M.F. and Nilsson, D.-E., Animal Eyes, Oxford University Press, Oxford (2002).) Alien intelligence could use biological sonars to perceive their surroundings like some dolphins do. A biological sonar could have its limitations though. The range of the sonar is limited, light on the other hand, we can perceive it from the edges of the universe.

Seeing exclusively other parts of the EM wouldn't always be advantageous:

Radio waves are the lowest range of the electromagnetic spectrum, and since everything in the universe emits radio waves, seeing them would be ultimately useless.

What if our eyes could see a wider gamut of the EM?

Or we'd see the same contours colored differently: This is how bees see by perceiving UV light:
How bees can see the Invisible

The article further states that other forms of synthetic telepathy like emotional telepathy could be used to communicate with eyeless beings.

How about eyeless extraterrestrials. Survival is the signature of life. Fear one of the emotions that fuels the survival instinct. Is all biological intelligent life emotional? Could a similar technology universally interface with emotion?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
This is based on an awful lot of assumptions.....

Even if life, and intelligent life, is found to exist elsewhere, and we eventually come into contact with it, who's to say that it/they would have eyes? Our eyes only detect a very small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. It seems a lot more reasonable to think that life elsewhere in the universe might have evolved other organs that let them 'see', than it does to think that eyes are a common feature throughout the universe....Hell, we have species here on Earth that don't have eyes...

How may species right here on Earth have no eyes vs those that do?

Hermes would have us believe that this relationship extends into the rest of the Universe...

Don't get too hung-up on the "alien concept", just because its another world.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The most recent edition of National Geographic has a really interesting article on dolphins and their sonar language. The scientists even said that they are the closest things to aliens here on Earth that we have to research. They used that quote as one of their bold headliners LOL

Breaking the Communication Barrier Between Dolphins and Humans

This means that primates and cetaceans have been on two different evolutionary trajectories for a very long time, and the result is not only two different body types but also two different kinds of brains. Primates, for example, have large frontal lobes, which are responsible for executive decision-making and planning. Dolphins don’t have much in the way of frontal lobes, but they still have an impressive flair for solving problems and, apparently, a capacity to plan for the future. We primates process visual information in the back of our brains and language and auditory information in the temporal lobes, located on the brain’s flanks. Dolphins process visual and auditory information in different parts of the neocortex, and the paths that information takes to get into and out of the cortex are markedly different. Dolphins also have an extremely well developed and defined paralimbic system for processing emotions. One hypothesis is that it may be essential to the intimate social and emotional bonds that exist within dolphin communities.

“A dolphin alone is not really a dolphin,” says Lori Marino, a biopsychologist and executive director of the Kimmela Center for Animal Advocacy. “Being a dolphin means being embedded in a complex social network. Even more so than with humans.”

Last summer I joined Herzing aboard her research boat, the R.V. Stenella, as she was preparing to run her first live trials with a complex new piece of machinery that she hopes will someday enable two-way communication between herself and the dolphins she has spent so long getting to know—and along the way illuminate how they communicate among themselves.

That piece of machinery is a shoebox-size cube of aluminum and clear plastic known as CHAT (cetacean hearing and telemetry), which Herzing wears underwater strapped to her chest. The 20-pound box has a small speaker and keyboard on its face and two hydrophones that look like eyes sticking out below. Inside, amid a tangle of wires and circuit boards sealed off from the corrosive effects of seawater, is a computer that can broadcast dolphins’ prerecorded signature whistles as well as dolphin-like whistles into the ocean at the push of a button and record any sounds that dolphins whistle back. If a dolphin repeats one of the dolphin-like whistles, the computer can convert the sound into words and then play them through a headset in Herzing’s ear.

join