It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charleston Cop Kills Himself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
www.fitsnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">I thought it was Slager at first glance

Hildebidle was married and had two children. Thankfully none of them were harmed in the incident, which began shortly before 8:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday. Neighbors were initially put on lockdown in their homes – with many of them later being evacuated.
Read more at www.fitsnews.com...

What the heck is going on in the police departments???

I know there is good and bad in every aspect of life BUT it seems like there is a more bad than good in today's times.

What happened to the days where the community knew the police - sat on stoops outside their homes and chatted with them for hours?

Where and when does the madness end?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
"Neighbors were initially put on lockdown in their homes"

WTF?!?

Did this happen on a military base?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Shelter in place, not lockdown!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

I was just about to put a thread up on what I believe is
actually going on that presents itself as the phenomena
we are seeing. But you are so close to what I wanted to say,

I know there is good and bad

I'll just put it right here and give you an SNF.

There seems to be a curse upon the world. With everyone pointing
to the good in this world lately and calling it evil? And viceversa?
As murder becomes redrum in the mirror and they tell us black is really white.
As above so below, up is down, right is wrong . HEAVENS ON FIRE? So the curse takes hold

IT'S HEAVEN AND HELL!

edit on Ram41015v00201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Not on a military base that I know of. I think they were on lockdown for protection in case all hello broke loose.

I am just curious what is going on with the police nowadays! It appears to me - and this is just my opinion - that there is no proper training, no checking into backgrounds, and policing of the police.

If this was a domestic violence issue - which it appears to be - why was he still an officer? My momma went through that and it is a horrible life to live. She got out early enough that I didn't feel the aftermath.

I have a member of my family that is in the police force - hubby in the military - I can truly say I don't think either of them would back up someone who was not on the right side of the law. I guess the lines blur easily for some. Shew!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It's funny you post this!

My momma has been saying the same thing for some time now. She despises the fact that cool doesn't mean cool - that sick doesn't mean sick. Just a few examples of what you are speaking of. I don't know what to make of it.

I will tell you this - I was raised with the option to have an open mind. My momma was raised a Christian and then she strayed away from that lifestyle. For many many years she believed in something "bigger than her" but she didn't believe in the Christian way. NOW she has done a complete 180 within the past few months. I am at a crossroads myself. I just don't know what to believe. That is hard to admit since I always like to have things figured out.

Thank you for your response - it really hit home for me!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I will say this even tho I know how it will sound.
We are a very rare occurrance to be raised the way
you just described. My parents claimed Christianity
but never once took me to church. Yet at ten Y O. I made
the choice to believe in Christ. And despite how it
sounds. I feel, shall we say, very informed.

Thank you for the thread.

edit on Ram41015v192015u27 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

What the heck is going on in the police departments???

I don't really see how you can equate a tragic occurrence like this, with all the trigger happy cops in the news recently.

It doesn't appear that he hurt anybody else, so I don't really understand why you have chosen to use the phrase "bad" to describe him or what he did. I could think of plenty of other phrases that would be more appropriate, sad, tragic, unfortunate just to name a few.

The police are after all just human like the rest of us and do witness some fairly traumatic things and have to deal with the worse of society on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Agreed randyvs! Rare indeed. Not to be indoctrinated was a gift for me from my momma. She didn't have that luxury and was determined to let me choose my own path. Since she knew both sides of the coin - I feel as though I was well informed to make those choices. I really thought I had it figured out but now I feel as though I have to throw it all out and start from scratch. This past year has been a whirlwind for me. I feel like up is down and down is up - just like you said.

There is nothing like being stopped dead in your tracks and cause to reevaluate things! My momma is a member here - you may know her.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I was speaking about the domestic disturbance he was involved in. That is BAD!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Bad cops are murdering people. What does it matter if this
one murdered himself? It's murder and it's BAD BAD BAD period.
Says a lot for the condition of police officers mental health
too. Bad, all bad.
edit on Ram41015v33201500000024 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

There is nothing like being stopped dead in your tracks and cause to reevaluate things!

Done this just about my whole life. Always getting sent back to start.

Good to know you Mon.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I claim Christianity , take my kids to church almost every sunday and we pray before every meal what does that make me??

Its the Heaven/Hell paradigm everything at the current moment is shifting for the worst you have bible prophecy coming true everyday and it's some scary S*it Goin on..

it'd sad that this man took his life he was a human being it really is a bad bad bad situation... reply to: randyvs

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

mhm i have noticed the same thing. it's only getting more and more obvious and strange. we have some weird times ahead I think. peace, brother

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
it's only that way if you buy into what the media is selling. there are so many other things happening around the world today, you are basing a mindset on just a fraction of it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

A domestic disturbance generally means a verbal argument. It doesn't mean the officer was physically abusing his spouse or children.

I think around 40,000 people commit suicide each year. I believe that is the 10th leading cause of death in America.

I believe an average of 100 to 150 police officers commit suicide each year.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he couldn't take life anymore.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that he was a bad cop, or poorly trained.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
People end their own lives every day, the only reason this has even been reported is because of the location and the attention on police right now.

It's a media-driven perception, like the "dangerous dog" nonsense stirred up in the media back in the 90's. Once the media find something that grabs the attention of the public they run with it, over and over and over again.

There are a lot of good cops out there, and a lot of bad ones too. Policing in the US undoubtedly needs to change. But all this nonsense about "the world is getting worse" is nothing more than mumbo-jumbo by people who can't think beyond their indoctrination to see science and reason, cause and effect.

The world is not "getting worse", and it certainly has nothing to do with any "God".

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Reading this thread made me recall that we've had these hellish trends before. Remember when postal workers were going off the deep end and shooting up post offices? Years later we had the office workers doing it. That was followed by the school shootings. Now it seems its cops that are the crazy ones.

Personally, I blame the media. A story takes hold and all of a sudden they find what they're looking for everywhere. Then its sensationalized and it starts to look like a trend. Truth is, crap happens all the time.
edit on 10-4-2015 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If anyone else committed suicide all you would be hearing about his "how sad it is".
Because it's a cop it's some indication of something more or that he was a bad cop.
People in all professions take their own life on an hourly basis , each one is terrible and causes ripples of sorrow that reach across multiple lives.

It's ATS though so he was on the bad side of the law.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

there is a more bad than good in today's times.

Mass media, instant news, sensationalizing everyday occurrences to increase profitablity from ad revenue. Nothing new really. Organized religion pushers do it more effectively and have a weekly "tithing" stream of revenue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join