It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Turkish students sign petition to build Jedi Temple on university campus:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Thousands of Turkish students have petitioned their university to build a Jedi temple, in response to an increase in the number of mosques being built on campuses across the country.

The country-wide online debate started last month after the rector of Istanbul Technical University (İTÜ) Mehmet Karaca announced that a “landmark mosque” would be built on the university campus, Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily reported.

Almost 200,000 thousand students have signed an online petition calling for the creation of the mosque on the campus, leading to more than 20,000 İTÜ students starting a similar petition calling for a Buddhist temple.

Meanwhile, at Dokuz Eylül University in the western province of Izmir, more than 5,000 students have called for a Jedi Temple.

“To recruit new Jedi and to bring balance to the Force, we want a Jedi temple,” the petition claims.

Started five days ago, the petition explains that many “uneducated padawan,” the novice Jedi in George Lucas’s global film franchise Star Wars, are drawn to the “dark side”
www.independent.co.uk... ml?cmpid=facebook-post

Way to go Turkish kids push back against religious fundies in your country, here is hoping that other young folks will follow in other countries I hope against hope it spreads like wild fire.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thats awesome. Good on them.

In all seriousness, I would join. That would be be my second home.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I love it..

They could do some really amazing and creative things with the architecture! Though, I doubt they are that serious.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I would join since I believe in the existence of the Force.
edit on 9-4-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Fiction verses fiction.
Heads will roll.

link   
Fiction verses fiction.
Heads will roll.

link   
Fiction verses fiction.
Heads will roll.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Thats awesome. Good on them.

In all seriousness, I would join. That would be be my second home.

The thing is Tadaman the average Muslim man or women when I ran into them especially in other nations, are just like us or at-least want to be just like us, don't matter if they are Saudi or what ever or it could be my own bubble in my own circle , but they recognize BS in their versions of the Sky God, but unlike many of us in the west or more liberal countries it will get them killed, now Turkey have a history of secularism going back a hundred yrs or so, so if that kind of protest and mindset took place it would most likely happened there first.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I love it..

They could do some really amazing and creative things with the architecture! Though, I doubt they are that serious.

Not so serious they are protesting their fundies pushing for an Islamic state their point is to remain secular, wouldn't that be a Hoot N A Holla if the U.S became a Christian State and Turkey kept it's secular state.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The Islamists in charge of Turkey will just see this as a need to purge that generation. That is why they are building so many new mosques, to indoctrinate the next generations to do the job.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yeah, most things like this aren't serious, just contrarian.

Id like to see a nation based on mutual respect, but I am not sure humanity is capable of it.

I still want to see R2D2 and Ewok gargoyles though

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The Islamists in charge of Turkey will just see this as a need to purge that generation. That is why they are building so many new mosques, to indoctrinate the next generations to do the job.

That's the point Tinfoil, their fundies are no different than our fundies the difference is their fundies are in power for the time being and is kept in power through fraudulent means.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

yeah man. I always think of these two Iranian girls I met that were going to play in a concert near by from where we met.

They were freaking awesome. Very nice and down to earth. Iran is a damn modern nation with a predominantly young population.

I have met people from all sorts of places, all pretty cool. I dont actually think there are good guys or bad guys based on nationality.

Some people are cool, or not but that depends on them personally.

Oh and the two Iranians, freaking hot. Very classy and respectable......if I wasnt married already at the time, I would have asked them out on a date. lol

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Are they going to all be told they are too old to be trained? Because they are

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Saudi grand mufti 'issues fatwa permitting man to chop up and eat wife in event of extreme hunger'

A leading Saudi Arabian cleric has reportedly issued a controversial fatwa allowing a husband to chop up his wife and eat her body in the event of extreme hunger.

The fatwa, an Islamic edict, was widely attributed to the mufti of Saudi Arabia, Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah, though it is yet to be officially confirmed.

The grand mufti, who is the highest religious figure in Saudi Arabia, allegedly went on to substantiate the fatwa by saying this will allow the couple to "become one as their bodies will fuse together after the husband eats his wife".

According to multiple local reports, the fatwa "allows a man to eat his wife or parts of her body, if the husband was afflicted with a severe hunger".

The report added: "The fatwa is interpreted as evidence of the sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband and her desire for the two to become one."
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

This is another one of those What the hell?? moments, these are the kinda batSh!t insane moments that fundies often get themselves into.
Please note that eating people is considered Haram in Islam,but the twist he apparently took to reach such conclusion is baffling.

Nonetheless, religious authorities quickly denied that Saudi mufti issued any such fatwa to quell the speculation.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Dude how about having that pork chop before the wifey..
And twitter is now the source of all evil according to the same dude..smh.

Why do people follow kooks like these and allow them rule their lives, pls folks all over the world build your temple of the Spaghetti Monster asap traditional religious folks are losing their minds.
edit on 10-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
In the future some will look at this and comment on the weird religious idolatry of someone building a fancy temple to a fictitious being.

Hmmm.

top topics

join