It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Detective Season 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Very excited for this considering how well done the first season was. I was kind of put off from it last year learning of who they casted for the leads in season 2 (Ferrell, Vaughn). But then again I wasn't much of a McConaughey fan and he impressed the hell out of me and litterally stole the show.

Anyone else excited? Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The Green Archer was a better Series...

MustBwatch.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm excited because season 1 was amazing, but you could say I'm cautiously excited. I was also put off by the casting (for me it was more Taylor Kitsch; I totally believe Colin Farrell has the acting chops to pull a McConaughey), but I'm more concerned by the HBO head marketing guy saying this second season will be "less dark" with "more action".

That, combined with the fact that season one was directed entirely by the visually interesting Carey Fukunaga, and this next season will be directed by a bunch of different directors starting with Fast & the Furious' Justin Lin... well, that makes me less confident in the potential awesomeness of a second season. Not to knock the Fast & Furious movies - they're fun, as was that Microsoft Surface commercial he directed - but he brings a totally different aesthetic that I don't believe will be as mesmerizing or interesting as Fukunaga's. The first teaser is already a disappointment. But maybe I'll be proven wrong! I know I was with the first season, which I thought looked dumb and boring. I was so wrong then, hopefully I'll be wrong again.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yeah, seems like hbo gpt ahold of the reigns and they want more sex and action. Meh. I'm excited. I loved season one, but also cautious.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Looking forward to season 2, but i doubt anyone can beat what McConaughey did in season 1.

( avatar is free to take.. )

I am not sure will season 2 main actors achieve the level of chemistry between the actors and will Ferrell own the show like was done in season 1.
Ferrell is a good actor, but he is not necessarily very good character actor, he mostly is himself in his movies. We´ll see maybe he will surprise us.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
im super stoked for this.
i am loving all the anthology shows on right now.
i agree with the above though.....his performance will not be topped.
rustin cole was onr of the greatest tv characters imo

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
im liking this season so far.

i dont think it is as good as season 1 but i that does not mean this season is bad.
the story for season 1 was great and rustin cohle was the best.

i think this season is coming right along though.
i love the slow burn that leads to the big explosion and thats what i see happening.

i think they are doing a great job at showing how all 4 of the main characters are badly damaged.

im enjoying vaughn as frank semyon. he has a very creepy way about him.
i think taylor kitsch will prove to be the stand out this season.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So far, so good. Season 1 was amazing. Very dark and hard to watch at times, but a great story and perfectly cast. I for one, am glad they took a compketely different route with season 2. a reply to: Mugly

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well three eps in and it still really hasn't pulled me in. I'm going to give ep 4 a shot and if I dont like it that will be that.. kinda disappointed.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprimevoyager

there has been 4 episodes.
number 5 tomorrow.
last weeks episode was great

new topics

top topics

join