It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of America’s Most Prominent Islam Bashers Has a Long History of Making Things Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Before I post this I would like to state that Max Blumenthal the Author Has apparently given permission to freely Publish the following article ,however I cannot confirm that so I will only be posting half of it here and ill leave the link for members to follow to continue the read .

Exposing Anti-Islam Author Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s Latest Deception

This piece originally ran on AlterNet
Update: Read Max Blumenthal OVERVIEW OF THE NEOCON NETWORK'S MOBILIZATION against the facts contained in this article. His response to the National Review’s allegations of a “lie” are included.

While promoting her new book, Heretic, on a March 23 EPSIOD of “The Daily Show,” Somali-born author and anti-Islam activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali made a staggering claim: “If you look at 70 percent of the violence in the world today, Muslims are responsible,” she told host Jon Stewart.
Stewart did not demand any evidence and Hirsi Ali provided no citation. However, she made a strikingly similar statement in a MARCH 20 ESSAY previewing her new book for the Wall Street Journal: “According to the International Institute for Strategic Studies,” Hirsi Ali wrote in WSJ’s Saturday Essay, “at least 70% of all the fatalities in armed conflicts around the world last year were in wars involving Muslims.”

I contacted the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), a leading British foreign policy think tank, to inquire about the source of Hirsi Ali’s statistic. According to IISS Media Relations and Communications Officer Kat Slowe, IISS did not explicitly state such a figure in its research.

“I have spoken to a number of our experts and they cannot identify where this statistic may have come from,” Slowe told me.

“Their best guess is that the journalist in question [Hirsi Ali] may have access/a subscription to the [IISS] Armed Conflict Database and may have calculated this statistic independently. There are some concerns that it could be misleading as, without Syria (near 200,000 total deaths, and almost half of last year’s global conflict deaths) the figure would look massively different (and of course, this conflict did not have its root in religion),” Slowe added.

Hirsi Ali’s AHA Foundation did not respond to my request for a citation on the statistic, nor did the neoconservative American Enterprise Institute that employs Hirsi Ali as a resident scholar. My email query to Hirsi Ali’s personal account at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government, where she serves as a fellow, also went unanswered.

Around 24 hours after my initial query, Hirsi Ali publicly backed off her claim that Muslims are “responsible” for most of the violence in the world. “Depressing that 70% of fatalities in armed conflicts around the world last year were in wars involving Muslims,” she declared on her personal TWITTER ACCOUNT .

Hirsi Ali LINK TO A SURVEY OF CASUALTIES in global conflicts by IISS’ Hanna Ucko Neill and Jens Wardenaer which made no reference to Muslims or religiously inspired violence. Apparently Hirsi Ali calculated the statistic on her own by using an IISS report that documented fatalities in conflicts in territories from eastern Ukraine to sub-Saharan Africa to the Middle East to Mexico, where drug gangs fueled widespread killing. The IISS’s Slowe noted that year’s surge in conflict-related deaths occured thanks to the fighting in Syria, explaining that Hirsi Ali’s claim “could be misleading” because “this conflict did not have its root in religion.”

Instead of responding to my question about her statistic, Hirsi Ali’s AHA Foundation forwarded my email query to the Washington Free Beacon, a right-wing publication with its own history of Islamophobic TALL TALES and HOAXES. In a currently UN-BYLINED ARTICLE about the query, the Free Beacon accused me of anti-Semitism.

I would like to post more however I don't want to violate T&C for excessive quoting , I am pushing it with this much.
anyway the story gets allot better ! This woman is a "mover and a shaker",evil no doubt ! I talked with my good Somali friend and he says just about every Somali hates her ..... go figure eh ?
you can read the climax HERE

Kap

edit on 9-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2015 by Kapusta because: fixing some errors

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Nonie Darwish isn't afraid to speak the truth either.

Book Discussion on The Devil We Don't Know

Q&A with Nonie Darwish
edit on 9-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Why the hell would you need to make anything up.

We can find stories daily of the body counts, acid attacks, executions, and any other violent thing under the sun.

??

Oh look, here is one: hinduexistence.org...

2015.04.09 (Dile, Nigeria) - Gunmen invade a village and "shoot anyone in sight" while chanting 'Allah Akbar'.
2015.04.09 (Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan) - Ten others are killed when Sharia proponents storm a judicial office.
2015.04.09 (al-Arish, Egypt) - Eleven women and children are blown apart when Ansar Beit al-Maqdis send mortar rounds into a neighborhood.
2015.04.08 (Kabul, Afghanistan) - Sunni radicals behead a Shiite man kidnapped from a bus.
2015.04.07 (Sbitla, Tunisia) - Islamic extremists attack a border checkpoint, killing four guards.
2015.04.06 (Kaduna, Nigeria) - Sharia activists massacre fourteen when they open fire on a group of market traders.

Hell, here is a whole list:

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

edit on 9-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah, she lost all her credibility over here.

I didn`t know she had build such a reputation again after so much crap she had caused earlier...glad she`s not our problem anymore.
edit on 9 4 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So they don't want to include all of the dead Muslims in Syria. They are the ones skewing the numbers if they get to pick and choose which Muslim deaths are included or not. It doesn't matter if the civil war started out over a stick of bubble gum, Muslims died in it.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

We can find stories daily of the body counts, acid attacks, executions, and any other violent thing under the sun.

??

2015.04.09 (Dile, Nigeria) - Gunmen invade a village and "shoot anyone in sight" while chanting 'Allah Akbar'.
2015.04.09 (Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan) - Ten others are killed when Sharia proponents storm a judicial office.
2015.04.09 (al-Arish, Egypt) - Eleven women and children are blown apart when Ansar Beit al-Maqdis send mortar rounds into a neighborhood.
2015.04.08 (Kabul, Afghanistan) - Sunni radicals behead a Shiite man kidnapped from a bus.
2015.04.07 (Sbitla, Tunisia) - Islamic extremists attack a border checkpoint, killing four guards.
2015.04.06 (Kaduna, Nigeria) - Sharia activists massacre fourteen when they open fire on a group of market traders.

hmmm did you bother to read the whole article ?
she was caught in lies about her life story and openly admitted she lied ?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So your one friend knows all the Somalian people? Must be an important person.

I believe she is telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So they don't want to include all of the dead Muslims in Syria. They are the ones skewing the numbers if they get to pick and choose which Muslim deaths are included or not. It doesn't matter if the civil war started out over a stick of bubble gum, Muslims died in it.

fact check ! more Muslims have died at the hands of the US than any terror attack combined ... on Muslims and non Muslims

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So your one friend knows all the Somalian people? Must be an important person.

I believe she is telling the truth.

did i say all ? i said most ? as in the most that he knows i would assume ?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

fact check ! more Muslims have died at the hands of the US than any terror attack combined ... on Muslims and non Muslims

More Muslims have died at the hands of Muslims than any terror attack combined too so what is your point?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

??

So that means none of them attacks by Islamic groups listed there happened, someone just wiped out the existence of real events over the internet because someone said something wrong. All them dead people must be happy and come out of their graves because of it too. This is ignorant BS.
edit on 9-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

??

So that means none of them attacks by Islamic groups listed there happened, someone just wiped out the existence of real events over the internet because someone said something wrong. All them dead people must be happy and come out of their graves because of it too. This is ignorant BS.

This woman is a Lire and she was exposed of it .

I can't answer your question about the "terror attacks " because I don't have an account of them.

I am not denying it saying "oh they don't happen" ,Rather I don't believe her statistics or her trumped up story's.

If you chose to believe this woman's hogwash than that's your prerogative, as for me their is enough evidence to suggest she is false on her convictions .

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Have you actually read one of her books? I have. She is an outstanding author and brave woman for speaking about her experiences.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Have you actually read one of her books? I have. She is an outstanding author and brave woman for speaking about her experiences.

have you Actually read the whole story about her lies and deceit?

I have ! and she is a Terrible Lire !

edit on 10-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

fact check ! more Muslims have died at the hands of the US than any terror attack combined … on Muslims and non Muslims

'Notice how she says that but makes it seem the Muslims are responsible.

Hirsi Ali wrote in WSJ’s Saturday Essay, “at least 70% of all the fatalities in armed conflicts around the world last year were in wars involving Muslims.”

Yah, muslims being bombed by NATO planes in at least a half dozen countries.

Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Syria, Somalia, Libya…
'

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

fact check ! more Muslims have died at the hands of the US than any terror attack combined … on Muslims and non Muslims

Hirsi Ali wrote in WSJ’s Saturday Essay, “at least 70% of all the fatalities in armed conflicts around the world last year were in wars involving Muslims.”

'

fully with you on this bud.

ty for the reply

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

have you Actually read the whole story about her lies and deceit?

I have ! and she is a Terrible Lire !

They think all that didn`t happen...The Netherlands is just some made up country and she never was a "prominent" politicians in our country.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I guess so .... unfortunately

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

'

I agree with your post but you forgot the French operations in Mali (another Muslim majority country). It seems like it's open season on Muslim countries, but somehow Muslims are getting the blame for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

'

I agree with your post but you forgot the French operations in Mali (another Muslim majority country). It seems like it's open season on Muslim countries, but somehow Muslims are getting the blame for it.

it seems we agree on something

top topics

<<   2 >>

join