It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the eyes and ears, how is it possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Of course not everything can be observed, at least not in any way I know of. But the amount of data collected to me indicates that there is a lot more that could be done than what is apparently being done to solve or prevent these crimes.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

I think this is very near the mark. Its not about preventing crime or protecting people. Its about protecting their authority from the people they are meant to be serving.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

We do everything for the children except protect them from the horrors they are exposed to in those hidden places not spoken of in a polite society.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Good point. The last thing government wants to do is solve all of society's problems. Then we wouldn't need them any more.

I agree. If everyone suddenly stopped committing all crimes and infractions, our justice system would panic. Imagine no revenue coming in from tickets, fines, court fees, drug or property seizures, police auctions, etc. Law enforcement would either have to do massive layoffs & shrink their departments, or find new revenue sources.

I'd imagine that: 1. things that are legal now would become illegal (to increase the pool of "law breakers"), and 2. they'd trap the people who are already in the system. By that I mean there would be fewer people getting out of jail on good behavior, probation periods would increase, and people with criminal records would get hit w/new charges, like failure to show up to events they didn't know they had to attend.

Ironically, I don't want a place with zero law enforcement. Visit the rural areas in some "3rd World Countries" and you'll see what I mean. But when there's a financial incentive to arrest criminals, there's also a financial incentive to have criminals in the first place.
edit on 10-4-2015 by enlightenedservant because: wrong wording derrr...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

there are enormous amounts of data, all just waiting to e dumped into a relational database and queries written for it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well said.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Here's an off the wall conspiracy for you...what if the bot-nets are actually big brother using our pc's against us to sift through the data the same way SETI uses the screen-saver program to search for radio signals? What a beautiful piece of irony to have our own computer resources highjacked and used against us. Its so bad it almost sounds good...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join