It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new evidence of “execution-style killings” by pro-Russian armed groups in Donbass,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Lin k to article

Shocking new evidence of “execution-style killings” by pro-Russian armed groups in Donbass, eastern Ukraine, illustrates the urgent need for action to tackle the escalating human rights and humanitarian crisis in the area, said Amnesty International.

“The new evidence of these summary killings confirms what we have suspected for a long time. The question now is: what are the separatist leaders going to do about it?” said Denis Krivosheev, Europe and Central Asia Deputy Director at Amnesty International.

“The torture, ill-treatment and killing of captured, surrendered or wounded soldiers are war crimes. These claims must be promptly, thoroughly and impartially investigated, and the perpetrators prosecuted in fair trials by recognized authorities.”

Footage reviewed by Amnesty International shows Ukrainian soldier Ihor Branovytsky, one of the defenders of Donetsk airport, taken captive and interrogated. The video, posted on YouTube, shows signs that he was hit in the face. He remained in captivity until he was killed.

A number of individuals claim to have seen Ihor Branovytsky being shot and killed point-blank by a separatist commander. His body was returned to his family earlier this month and he was buried in Kyiv on 3 April. The Ukrainian security services have opened an investigation into his killing.

Amnesty International has also seen videos documenting the captivity, and pictures of the dead bodies, of at least three other members of the Ukrainian armed forces, reportedly being held in a morgue in Donetsk. There are signs of bullet wounds to their heads and upper parts of their bodies, apparently the result of execution-style killings. The soldiers had been captured by pro-Russian forces in Debaltseve between 12 and 18 February 2015 when the defending Ukrainian forces were encircled there.

The revelation follows a report by the Ukrainian newspaper Kyiv Post on 6 April featuring a phone interview, allegedly made by Arseniy Pavlov, better known by his nom-de-guerre “Motorola”. Pavlov, reportedly a Russian national and the leader of the pro-Russian armed group known as “Sparta Battalion” operating in eastern Ukraine, claimed he had “shot dead” 15 soldiers captured from the Ukrainian armed forces. He is alleged to have killed Ihor Branovytsky.

“This chilling ‘confession’ from a separatist fighter, alongside video evidence and testimony from witnesses, and the mounting evidence of abuses of captives by both sides, highlights the urgent need for an independent investigation into this and all other allegations of abuses in this conflict which began a year ago,” said Denis Krivosheev.

“Summary killings are a war crime, plain and simple. The leaders of the self-styled ‘Donetsk People's Republic’ in eastern Ukraine must send their members a clear message: those who fight with them or on their behalf must respect the laws of war. They must urgently remove from their ranks anyone suspected of responsibility for ordering or committing serious violations of international humanitarian law and human rights abuses, and fully cooperate with any independent investigation.”

As parties to the armed conflict, armed groups such as “Sparta Battalion” are legally bound by the rules of international humanitarian law – the laws of war – which prohibit, among other things, torture and other ill-treatment and the killing of detainees.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Scanning through their stuff they show clearly what side they`re on.

Even this article mentions just briefly about both sides doing wrong things, but there`s not one article about what the Ukrainians have been up to and there`s really a whole lot they could have written about.

Ah well, so Amnesty is only a selective Human Rights Organisation.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Not 100% sure what that has to do with the execution of prisoners of war? No matter if you think the article is bias. It does not change the fact.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

It has to do with Amnesty being a political tool...this is absolutely nothing regarding which has been going on in total, but the problem is, the rest is all the other side. Only Amnesty hasn`t got one article about that, making this nothing more as propaganda...

...so yes, there was war and bad things happen in a war, but the used source is actual really questionable in the first place, but let`s assume this has actual happened, shouldn`t Amnesty at least make many more articles about the other side too, because now it looks like that one side did bad things, while the other side did them a multitude more, and really a multitude more.

OCSE and Human Rights Watch at least gave the appearance the Ukrainians were just as bad (they were actual way worse), but Amnesty is really bad by making the impression the side which wasn`t nearly as worse trying to portray as the most worse side by blatantly ignoring the other side.

So when there`s very obvious propaganda being posted, why is pointing people that being the case off topic ?
edit on 10 4 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

It has to do with Amnesty being a political tool...this is absolutely nothing regarding which has been going on in total, but the problem is, the rest is all the other side. Only Amnesty hasn`t got one article about that, making this nothing more as propaganda...

Wrong again.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Not wrong again, unless you're talking about your own post.

Stating they are impartial doesn't actually prove they are impartial, unless you happen to believe that anyone who states a position about practically anything, including politically and emotionally charged circumstances such as slaughter during war and conflict..must be being completely honest by virtue of having stated a position...?!

I'll tell you something for absolutely nothing, that isn't particularly up for debate..if my home had been bombed and shells exploding around my ears for months on end, if my friends, my family, my community had been blown to bits, burnt to death, and generally my community reduced to a nightmarishly dark and oppressive world of creeping instant death...i'd be wanting to do all manner of things to whomever i had managed to get my vengeful hands upon, things that would make the likes of a politically biased Amnesty Internationals blood run ice cold.

For what the Western Coup has inspired and conspired to produce against these innocent people...i would have thought we would have seen MUCH worse coming out of the East...in my opinion, given the abject horror that these people have to survive through daily, they have shown remarkable restraint..much more than i would have shown at any rate.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

You do realize the Nazis generally felt they could justify their war crimes at Nuremberg as well, right?

You fight a war. You do not mutilate you captured foe.

Once that line is crossed (for whatever reason, by whatever side) it is a war crime.

There is not, and should never be, any justification attempted for such actions.

But, by all means keep spouting the "if's" and the "woulds", it tells everyone with experience that you've never fought a war. You do not know how you would react in all honesty. Perhaps, your basic humanity would prevail and you would be a soldier and not a butcher.

Gods willing you'll never have to find out.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
In war/conflicts especially PROXY conflicts, there is no unbiased reports with no agenda.

Care to show me one?

edit on 10-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I linked to a post in which Amnesty International reported on atrocities committed by the Azov Brigade, a pro-Kyiv militia. If you had bothered to click on on the link, you would have known that. But you're not interested in actuallyfinding things out... You are just trying to echo the Russian propaganda mill. Amnesty International reports on all sides of every conflict. In fact, it takes a special interest in exposing American wrongdoing.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Amnesty International has a long history of reporting on human rights violations in the West. Specifically larger countries like the US. So to say they're biased against the separatists ignores pretty much their entire history. But of course if someone reports on the war crimes being committed by the separatists they must have an agenda.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

There are rebel leaders who stated they would no longer be accepting surrender of enemy soldiers.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: Crumbles

?

No wrong. This has to do with a neutral organisation that we know has rattled the cages from left to right not presenting information that matches your distorted view of reality. You have 2 choices :

A. Admit your viewpoint is wrong.
B. Do exactly what psychologists expect and come up with some contrived explanation/excuse so can carry on with your incorrect belief system.

I am 100% confident you will follow the psychological route B as opposed to open minded route A.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Both sides are doing this. There was just a article out today saying that Ukraines were sorting and arresting who ever was pro-Russians within the west Ukraine side.

Just as a side note.

The USNATO have their secrete CIA black sites where they keep their so called terrorists and suspects of what ever reason.... and good know what the CIA does to them. The US have even admitted to torture and other krimes...even killing. But hell who cares right...certenly not amnesty.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

What does you last post talking about the USNATO have to do with the topic? Or are you suggesting the USNATO has a site in Ukraine? If so link to your source please?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What does you last post talking about the USNATO have to do with the topic? Or are you suggesting the USNATO has a site in Ukraine? If so link to your source please?

CIA/USNATO have black sites all over euorpe and the in the far east where they keep their so called victems of war end terror. Not just at Gantanamo Bay.

This has everything to do With the topic. Humans are humans no matter where they are or for what reason.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Clearly you haven't done your research. AI blast the US every chance they get. They have countless articles on places like Abu Gharib. They have an entire section of their website dedicated to the human rights abuses at Guantanamo Bay. Just because this latest article doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean you can make up lies about AI in an attempt to discredit them.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Clearly you haven't done your research. AI blast the US every chance they get.

That's just a cover...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Scanning through their stuff they show clearly what side they`re on.

Yep...and it's nobodies side.

top topics

join