It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Thieves break into underground vault In London- This is Awsome!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:16 AM

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
So much for ALL the new Security Technology!!

All those Cameras and Alarms and still the place is broken into... see.. It really doesn't matter in the end how much Security a Building has...

That's a pretty silly assertion to make.
Thousands of people are caught, charged and convicted every year thanks to this supposedly "useless" technology you claim is superfluous.

I know some here have some kind of irrational terror of all things security, but this really takes the pi**. This alarm activated, it did its job. The CCTV was active, and it did its job. We have evidence of these people breaking in and stealing. Without that technology there would have been no alarm, no CCTV images, no evidence of those carrying out this robbery.

This will all be used in court when these people are captured and charged with the crime, and it will go a long way to proving their guilt. You know, just as the masses of evidence caught on camera in thousands of other cases have led to imprisonment.

The only thing that failed in this case is the response, or lack of it, from the police. That's the ONLY thing that actually failed. Al that "evil" tech you seem to believe is completely useless did its job.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:34 AM

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: Rocker2013

Fair enough, the alarm was set off and ignored by the police. That sounds fishy in and of itself. It does say this in the article...

Police said there was no sign of forced entry to the building, which is shared by a number of other companies. Scotland Yard said it had not ruled out insider knowledge.

It's quite possible that even the policemen working that night were in on this professional pay role. Cops everywhere today are as corrupt as they have ever been. I find it suspicious that they just "ignored" an alarm at such a high profile bank, especially when they have access to just turn on those CCTV cameras and view in real time, what we have viewed here.

First of all, this is not a high-profile bank, this is a safe deposit company renting out expensive self-storage. That's all it is, a private company with a vault renting out secure boxes. It's NOT A BANK and presumably would not have the same level of police response as a bank would.

The police have no idea of the value of the contents of those boxes, any more than they have an idea of the value of contents at any other self-storage company.

The communal area of this building seems to be open, without access control systems. But, it's likely that each company has its own access control. So, presumably, anyone can walk in off the street and have access to the lifts and stairs. This seems to be what the thieves did. They walked into the open area of the building, went up to the 2nd floor and stopped the lift, and then used the lift shaft to gain access to the basement - presumably because there is a secure system in the lift to prevent them from getting access to that basement, a secure area.

I think it's unlikely here would be any alarm activation in the communal areas of this building, so the activation would have had to be from them gaining access through the secure shutter in the basement, to get to the vault.

Without knowing the size of that floor or the security system they used, it might be that there was only one sensor, on that shutter door. If so, that's complacent beyond belief. There should have been a vibration detector on that door, a contact point, then a motion sensor in the room, and the same again around the vault.

If this was a single activation received by the Monitoring and passed to the police, it could be that assumptions were made. A roller shutter in a basement causes an activation, without any other signals from the building... that would give most people the impression of a false alarm. Unless the police or monitoring know the building is shared, and know that the system is limited to just one circuit in the basement, they might have simply assumed that if this were a break-in other areas would have activated before the basement.

I think this is going to result in embarrassment for the police. The more we find out about this the more likely it is that someone just made a very bad decision and didn't prioritize this the way they should have. It seems to me they just assumed that a single activation in a basement was a false alarm, without knowing enough about the building to make that assertion.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
a reply to: Rocker2013

But they didn't actually STOP the Robbery now did they??

So... technically speaking... they didn't do their job!

edit on CDTSun, 12 Apr 2015 09:52:04 -0500u3009x104x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: editing

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:35 AM
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Yeah, that's right. I saw a documentary about it. When they first got into the vault, they broke out the french bread and wine. Rightfully so. Let the feast begin.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
Hold the phone Inspectors.

What was taken? Do we even know? 70 boxes were broken into, but nobody can say for certain what was in them. It's possible they were all empty, and now other then a case of vandalism and unlawful entry, no major crime was committed.

We should be asking our selves:

(1) What was the financial status of the bank owners before this event?
(2) Who uses the vault to store items in?
(3) Where was everyone who could have planned this at during the event?
(4) Has anybody from the general public said anything about being a victim from this crime?

I personally have a suspicion about who could be behind a crime of this caliber, and their involvement would have detoured both the Guards and the Cops from taking actions. I'll leave it at that for now.

This plan does seem to be well thought out and as such it should be appreciated. The other way things could have went down was the typical shootout with people hurt and killed. Some one put a lot of thought into this caper (what a perfect word for this crime), and the term "Master Mind" really comes to mind with this. That being said, something smells foul with this event and those that were involved should be publically questioned. Since this is the UK I doubt that will happen, nor do I expect any real reveal of what was taken (if anything).

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:15 PM
a reply to: nerbot

Do you have running water? And electricity? You're rich by the standards of someone in North Korea, and you know it. I want your food. I want your money.

Really, do you think that just because someone has more than you, you're entitled to their possessions? Eat the nerbots!
edit on 12-4-2015 by Guidance.Is.Internal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:28 PM
Alot of things are stored in banks and lockup facilities that are otherwise uninsurable.

It is why things get put on permanent loan to museums. Because nobody will underwrite its loss value.

Betcha that is also why there isnt public disclosure yet of the heist contents.
edit on 12-4-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6   >>