It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieves break into underground vault In London- This is Awsome!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is not exactly incredible, they actually just got incredibly lucky.

Southern Monitoring received notification of the alarm having been activated, and this was transferred to the police, who should have then attended. If they had, they would have found, cornered and apprehended anyone inside that building. If the police had done their jobs, this would not be a story about a massive jewel heist, this would be a story about a group of idiots who don't know how an alarm system works.

Having worked in security I feel qualified to say that they only got away with this because the police didn't respond when they should have. However, there might be reason for this. Police response is canceled if you have too many false alarms. If the police had responded more than three times in three months (it varies from area to area, and depends on the nature of the business) to false activations caused by staff or a fault with the system, then they will put response on hold.

It's then the responsibility of the company to make sure the system is not faulty, notify the police and either agree to have response restored, or find a replacement service until the police are satisfied that the problem is dealt with.

In this case it's either the police or the company at fault here. If the police didn't respond when they should have, or didn't let the company know response had been suspended, then they are liable. If they did inform the company and they didn't find a replacement service to respond to that alarm, then they will be found liable.

Either way, the alarm worked, the police were notified, and if they had attended they would have caught these idiots inside the building.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Can I just say this to whoever pulled this off...

You legends!!

Looking forward to the movie already!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I almost hate to say I love this. OMG I love this LOLOL ! I really really love this kind of genius! Well planned and well executed to say the very very least.So....ok what Mods pulled this one off?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

True.

But it isnt like it was a VCR repair shop with a flaky alarm system.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would have had to be someone who knew the layout of the bank, or who had access to the original floor plans, electrical or structural. They would have to have intimate knowledge of the alarm system as well. Someone close to the bank did this, or helped other professionals with insider information and got paid well for it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just makes me wonder what they were really after many of the stolen items will be hard to fence. Which makes me wonder if there was not something else they wanted. It was a major investment by someone to pull this off.

Hard to fence in that country.

Take those items overseas to another country that does not
read that language and the game changes.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hope this wasn't posted yet:

They got parts of the actual coup on video, here's the link to the mirror article: Source

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

True.

But it isnt like it was a VCR repair shop with a flaky alarm system.

No, but alarms go off all the time, caused by spiders, other bugs, air con, vibration... if you have an alarm going off regularly people become complacent, and the police often refuse to respond.

The vast majority of monitored alarms go through to the monitoring station who then call the on-duty staff contact, or a private security company. The police are not called for 99% of alarms, the value of the company is irrelevant.

When I worked in the business we had multi-million £ companies relying on a £30 private security response, the same service individual home owners had, the same a small shop might have, or a small office. There might be millions of £'s of equipment or stock in a warehouse, but they're still using the same cheap response system.

Also, it's important to remember that this is not a bank, it's a private safe deposit company, entirely different things. The Police likely have no idea of the value there at any given time, at least not in the same way they would know the value of cash held in a bank. This was a secure private business allowing people to store valuables, different to a bank vault, more like a self storage company.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What I find incredible about this is that even though this vault had been hit in a FAMOUS robbery a few years back, rich people STILL put their high value items in there, WITHOUT insurance.

Proving that having wealth doesn't make you immune from complete stupidity.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
I would have had to be someone who knew the layout of the bank, or who had access to the original floor plans, electrical or structural. They would have to have intimate knowledge of the alarm system as well. Someone close to the bank did this, or helped other professionals with insider information and got paid well for it.

They didn't need to have information on the alarm system, and it seems they didn't. The alarm activated, it did its job, it doesn't look like there's any information about the signal sent through to the monitoring, whether it was a single activation or multiple movements detected.

People might not know this, but alarm systems like this will activate repeatedly, tracking the movements of those inside. The monitoring station can look at the signals and see that someone is walking through rooms, activating various sensors. They can also see (and report) if the line has been cut, or if there's a fault on the system.

None of that is mentioned in any of the reports of this story that I can see.

As the monitoring had instructions to pass it to the police, it's likely they passed a "confirmed intruder" - meaning multiple movements, and the police chose not to respond. If the monitoring had seen a line cut, or tampering of the system after this, they would have passed that too. I doubt the police would have ignored that.

Everything about this tells me they activated the alarm, the monitoring station passed it to the police. There's no indication that the alarm was silenced or deactivated in any way (note it would not need to be an audible alarm). So, it would have been passed as a "confirmed" activation with repeated movements. I fail to see how the police will be able to justify no responding to that alarm if it was passed as a confirmed.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My bet is the police saw it and thopught "well If you are going to cut our budget, put less bobbies on the beat and make 1000's of us redundant.......FU".
A perfect message to the people on top that If you cut the police force like they are doing the police will be worse at their jobs not just for the man on the street but the man in the mansion.
Oh and good post dude.

Oh and you can bet a senior police dude will say something along the lines of this in the next few days.
edit on 11-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HedyLamarr

Yup. I give them a week from now before at minimum one of them is caught. The video alone provides evidence.

A saying I have heard somewhere...

Two people can keep a secret... if one of them is dead.

They will be so cool..... in jail lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There was just a big gold heist last month in one of the Carolina states worth $ 5 million. It had to be an inside job since they veered from their normal route and reported engine trouble where none was found. No charges yet.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

It really makes you wonder how they got all that into the building without attracting attention.

Not hard at all, especially if someone or group is well funded.

How about soda machines brought in a day before and switched out with working soda machines, and a out of order sign on them?

How about pallets of normally delivered goods, with contents hidden in the pallet itself.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So much for ALL the new Security Technology!!

All those Cameras and Alarms and still the place is broken into... see.. It really doesn't matter in the end how much Security a Building has...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This has military training written all over it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Military training and gas company jackets and hardhats.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Fair enough, the alarm was set off and ignored by the police. That sounds fishy in and of itself. It does say this in the article...

Source:

Police said there was no sign of forced entry to the building, which is shared by a number of other companies. Scotland Yard said it had not ruled out insider knowledge.

It's quite possible that even the policemen working that night were in on this professional pay role. Cops everywhere today are as corrupt as they have ever been. I find it suspicious that they just "ignored" an alarm at such a high profile bank, especially when they have access to just turn on those CCTV cameras and view in real time, what we have viewed here.
edit on 11-4-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The details from the security cameras.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The camera footage will give the police a huge jump in their investigation (and a bane to the gang). Detectives will canvas every shop in the nation for those type of tool purchases, especially the DD350. They'll be picking up surveillance and camera footage from all neighboring businesses. Maybe "Mr. Montana" in his distinctive hoodie doffed his hat at a gas station en route to the heist and there is his face in full view of a camera, or a metro cam picked him up sitting in the front of the thieves van. Mr. Ginger's hair color was noted in the video, so the police will review all the past camera footage of who came and went from the building who had ginger hair, maybe that gets correlated to someone in a shop buying one of those tools seen being used by the thieves.

I bet those guys are laying low in a safe house somewhere reading the newspapers and watching the TV and thinking "Crikey we missed a camera... Futz!" (wait do they say "crikey" in the UK?)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join