It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Henry Porter Mental Disorder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
How Would Henry Porter Defend His Family From An Exited Delirious Madman With Superhuman Strength?
www.theguardian.com...

I found this in google news and ranted. Then I saw the date. 2010.
It's an old bit of twisted up news.

I'll still stand by the original question.
How would the author of the article defend his family?
I've seen a man not much bigger than me pin a horse into the corner of a stable. No, he wasn't using any skilful horseman's tricks. He didn't have that knowledge. He just had superhuman strength which he hid. When he saw me looking over the stable door he looked seriously peeved that I'd witnessed it and backed off from the horse then acted normal. Eventually he flipped big time and was chemically coshed. He never to my knowledge regained that strength.

When I say flipped, you would have had to disable him or escape in a vehicle to escape his rampage unharmed. And your chances of disabling him would have been what considering what I've told you about his strength?

edit on 9 4 2015 by Kester because: Fooled by old news

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That is very frightening to read and consider, It's happening now folks just different means but the end result is we the people lose and big time. First is was batons .....then came the guns....along creeps the Taser to make sure then, now we have the Hypo cops with syringes loaded with lots of goodies for us all. Just think if they are as well trained with those needles as the cops are in the States whom will shoot you in the back for a broken tail light.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I gotta post and run but this is potentially pretty shocking...

The syndrome is defined in the Police magazine article by a multitude of symptoms, some of which may seem unnervingly familiar – running for no apparent reason; running wildly; being naked (trying to get cool); stripping off clothes (trying to get cool); apparent superhuman strength; seemingly unlimited endurance; violent resistance; violent resistance after being restrained; muscle rigidity; and the subject claiming "he can't breathe".

I'm gonna have to read more tomorrow or sometime but felt that the quote was more than worth pulling out.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Turns out I was fooled by google news. It's a 2010 article.

It's this bit that bothers me.

running for no apparent reason; running wildly; being naked (trying to get cool); stripping off clothes (trying to get cool); apparent superhuman strength; seemingly unlimited endurance; violent resistance; violent resistance after being restrained; muscle rigidity; and the subject claiming "he can't breathe". In other words, pretty much anyone who is an agitated state, possibly because they have been wrongly arrested, have missed the last train out of Sheffield

That's wildly inaccurate. Going completely crazy and attacking people with the superhuman strength I've described in my edited OP isn't like missing a train. There's got to be a way to restrain the unrestrainable when they've already caused serious harm and are trying to do more. That's the issue. The way this article has been written suggests cops running round jabbing us for fun. It can't be fun when you've sworn an oath to restrain madmen. I'd rather have the option of running away or shooting him with a silver bullet.

Suppose we put ourselves in the place of the madman. What are we facing.

Silver bullet? Sounds dangerous.

Taser? Heart attacks are the issue with excited delirious people getting tasered.

Sedative? A few days recovering, hopefully.

What else is possible? A quick glance around my kitchen shows several skewery things, a couple of bats and a hammer. All of which could easily be taken off me and used against me by a madman with that strength.

Supposing you or I lost our mind, perhaps spiked with some exotic drug or just some imbalance that occurred. How would we prefer to be restrained?
edit on 9 4 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

A robot, Id wreasle a robot.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Well yeah...
I made a complete fool of myself by falling for the google news old story trick so I might as well go all out.

As a mad rampager you would choose robot restraint as your preference?
Have I got this right?

We're going to have fun in the workshop building this.
I'll call you when it's ready for for testing.

edit on 9 4 2015 by Kester because: spacing

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What's missing in this article is the heart attack deaths that commonly occur a few hours after tasering people in an excessively excited delirious state. That's why sedatives seem like a safer alternative. These deaths have been institutionally denied. If this article was written for our good it would refer to the taser deaths.

edit on 9 4 2015 by Kester because: spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

The Board Of Ethics ruled against a robot so we built a strengthened suit instead.

A constable wearing this suit will be able to perform his or her sworn duty without resorting to chemical or electrical restraint.

I expect mentalhealthcop.wordpress.com... will endorse it.

new topics

top topics

join