It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam Video released from Walter Scott shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

I am not obligated to answer you personal questions.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You can't assume everyone who is running has a weapon. Trying to stop a taser (which is a natural reactions due to intense pain) does not mean someone is dangerous. Flight does not equal danger.

The guy wasn't going to run back towards the cop faster than the cop could pick up the taser. Besides, he was running FROM it and not towards it. Don't tell me he couldn't take two steps back while still looking forward?

As for picking up the tasar, why did HE have to pick it up? if you thought something was evidence you wouldn't set it down again- further contaminating it and leaving it out in public? You really can't get around this one. To argue something so silly as he sat it down because it might be used as evidence, just lessens your credibility.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

I'm not saying he deserved to die, but he didn't deserve to escape, and the officer had only one tool to stop him, and that was his gun.

I'm not going to defend this horrible human being (the suspect) who wont even support his own child, and assaults police officers. I also don't think the officer goes out and wants to willingly murder people. With solid reasoning, I can see why the officer felt he had to use his gun to stop the suspect.

I'll defend someone like this so called "horrible human being". Perhaps he fell behind on his child support despite his best intentions. Maybe he thought if he could stay free for a little longer that would give him time to get the money so he wouldn't be arrest?

He thought if he ran, the cops wouldn't chase someone for support. He probably wasn't expecting to get zapped. When it happened, knocking the taser out probably was just a knee jerk reaction to the pain. All he intended to do was run until he could catch up on his payments.

Was he stupid yes, Did he INTEND to hurt anyone....no there's absolutely no indication he was violent. Nothing he did deserved the death penalty.

Your comment about not deserving to escape says it all. Yes, I also can see why the cop FELT he need to use his gun to stop the escape. But the problem is you don't get to go by your feelings - you have to go by the law. A person running away is not a threat....you don't get to use your gun.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I say this again, the officer didn't know he was unarmed. All he knew is that the subject just grabbed at his taser, and he is trying to escape.

The trying to escape part is quite important isn't it? When you were at school and someone ran away from you did you assume they were about to attack you?

And do you honestly want to live in a country where "not knowing someone is unarmed" is reason enough to kill them, especially when every piece of evidence points to the fact that they are trying to get away from you, not hurt you?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Its always amazing when all the info comes out -

Slain black motorist used coc aine, pointed stun gun at ex-policeman: court documents

CHARLESTON, S.C. (Reuters) - An unarmed black man fatally shot by a white former patrolman in South Carolina in April had used coc aine and alcohol in his system when the police officer said he wrested control of his stun gun and pointed it at him, court documents filed on Tuesday show.

Michael Slager, 33, was fired from his patrolman job in North Charleston after being charged with murder in the April 4 death of Walter Scott, 50.

Video of the shooting captured by a bystander on his cellphone was widely distributed, and the death reignited a public outcry over police treatment of blacks and other minorities.

Defense attorney Andy Savage said he would ask a judge to set Slager free on bond.

"It wasn't just a cold-blooded shooting of a guy in the back and (authorities) knew that," the defense attorney told the Post and Courier newspaper on Tuesday.

Slager told police officers after the shooting that he had used his Taser twice on Scott after the driver ran from a traffic stop and Slager chased him to a field behind a pawn shop, according to police reports filed with the court documents. According to Slager's account, he and Scott struggled on the ground. At one point, Scott got up, used both hands to wrest control of the Taser from him, and pointed it at Slager, the police reports said.

Slager then drew his weapon and fired what police believe was at least six shots, the police reports said.

Click link for remainder of info...

just to add some clarification -

Due to what officer's carry on their duty belt, and the damage that could result in being incapacitated by a stun gun / taser, use of a stun gun / taser against an officer can be considered a deadly force encounter.
edit on 9-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join