It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam Video released from Walter Scott shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

-edit- I was slightly mistaken

I implore you to watch the witness video once more, and pay close attention to detail.

The suspect seems to knock the taser out of the officer's hands onto the ground, and then runs away. At that point, the suspect has released control of the officers weapon (taser).

Any felon who reaches for an officers weapon, and or causes the officer to drop his weapon is a huge threat to the officer, and others. Not only does it instantly make him a felon, it also makes him eligible to be stopped with lethal force.

edit on 15-4-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

You can spin this anyway you want, the cop said the taser was taken by the man and shot him cause of it.
He then planted the taser by the man to further sell the lie.

It wasn't until after the video came out and exposed this that he was charged.

I have no issues with calling what the man did dumb and a crime, but the punishment of that crime is not death.
He has his day in court and that is, or was, the job of the officer to arrest and jail to start that process.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

As soon as you reach for an officer's weapon, you are as good as dead. That's what the suspect did.

He caused the officer to drop his weapon. He technically did take it away from him. He didn't hold it, but he did take it away from the officer.

I don't see the officer 'plant it next to him' like you claim, please do provide proof. I've watched the video very close and don't see that.

I do see the officer run back and secure the taser that was knocked out of his hands so that nobody else can use it against him. Once he determined that the suspect was dead, and the area was secure, he probably thought it was best to set the taser down because it is now evidence of a crime scene, and might have finger prints or DNA from the suspect on it. I just don't see that part.

(post by Onslaught2996 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

I do see the officer run back and secure the taser that was knocked out of his hands so that nobody else can use it against him. Once he determined that the suspect was dead, and the area was secure, he probably thought it was best to set the taser down because it is now evidence of a crime scene, and might have finger prints or DNA from the suspect on it. I just don't see that part.

And I say ..WOW.

That is some grade A BS you are you telling us.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I will ignore the fact you called me a coward, and remain civil.

The suspect reached for and knocked away the officer's weapon. Instantly making him a felon. At that point, the suspect could very well have lunged towards the taser and picked it up, fired it at the officer, and taken control of the officer, and killed him. The officer doesn't know the suspects intentions, but I'm sure he knows the possibilities once his weapon is not in his control and within reach of the suspect.

The taser was knocked behind the officer. The officer would have had to turn his back on the suspect to get to it. This would put the officer's life in danger too. His life is already in danger since he lost control of his weapon, and the suspect could gain control of it.

The officer didn't know why the suspect ran. He could be a murderer on the run. Since the officer didn't get to search the suspect he could very well have had a weapon on him, the officer doesn't know.

I can see why the officer feared for his life and the life of others. Any idiot criminal that reaches for an officers weapon while he is trying to escape is a danger to everyone.

I'm not saying he deserved to die, but he didn't deserve to escape, and the officer had only one tool to stop him, and that was his gun.

I'm not going to defend this horrible human being (the suspect) who wont even support his own child, and assaults police officers. I also don't think the officer goes out and wants to willingly murder people. With solid reasoning, I can see why the officer felt he had to use his gun to stop the suspect.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
If it was not the tazer he dropped beside him..then tell us what did he drop beside him.

Can you please provide a video time stamp for the moment you think the officer drops the taser beside him? I honestly don't see what you are talking about.

-edit-

Ok nevermind I see him drop the taser next to the suspect.

So what? The officer was just securing the scene.

The suspect reached for the officers weapon, and knocked it out of the officers hands. Case closed. The guy was a threat.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The suspect reached for the officers weapon, and knocked it out of the officers hands. Case closed. The guy was a threat.

The officer lied about the situation that lead to the shooting

What part are you not getting about this? Sure if he went the route that you are saying, he honestly and sadly, would prob have walked. But it was that he lied, and then the video shows that lie!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

When did he lie? There might be some misquoting going on. Some articles claim the officer said "he took my taser". But in the audio of the officer's radio communication he clearly said "he GRABBED my taser". Here is a direct transcript of the audio:

"223 to dispatch, shots fired, subject is down. He grabbed my taser."

That is not a lie. The suspect did grab his taser, and knocked it out of his hands.

The video shows the truth. Not a lie.

-edit-

Actually the audio can be found in the video found here:
www.cnn.com...

(post by Onslaught2996 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I have alerted the moderators of your immature name calling.

The man was running without a weapon. Foresight is 20/20. But did the officer know he didn't have a weapon at the time? No he didn't.

All the officer knew is the suspect was resisting, and the suspect grabbed for his taser. Someone willing to reach for an officer's weapon may or may not also be willing to use the weapon against him and his fellow officers. He definitely was a threat. A many willing to reach for an officers weapon and possibly use it against an officer, and whom is not detained and under control is a threat.

Also, the officer was obligated to secure the taser. You can't just leave a weapon lying around. That weapon also happened to be evidence. Officer safety is a higher priority than evidence. So you are wrong about him "screwing himself for moving it".

How can you people sit there and defend the suspect, he assaulted the officer while resisting arrest.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
After studying the video further... I believe the suspect did have the taser in his hands, and he threw it at or behind the officer.

You can see the officer had his hands and arms forward, and his elbows locked, while the taser went tumbling several feet behind him. You can also see the suspect recover from what seems like a baseball pitcher throw.

The taser had so much velocity and distance while the officers arms were stationary that I believe there is no way the officer could have caused the taser's trajectory. The only way to explain the taser's trajectory is to assume the suspect had it in his hands and threw it. When looking at the suspects body movement, it appears the suspect did throw it.

I think the officer was telling the absolute truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
*****ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS*****

We would like to remind you that we expect civility and decorum in all forums, topics, and discussions. Continuing to post in a manner not in accordance with the T&C's can and will result in post removals and/or posting bans. Please continue your discussions with an eye on the topic and not your fellow members. Please also remember to stay on topic and cease any and all attempts to derail the thread/discussion before you.

Thank you.

You Are Responsible For Your Own posts.

We Expect Civility & Decorum In All Topics.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Courtesy Is Mandatory

*** Do Not Reply To This Post ***

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The name still stands if you would do the same thing the cop did..which was shoot and unarmed man as he was running from you.

I also still think your trolling.

"Any item can and may constitute physical evidence; therefore, it is imperative that nothing be touched or moved at the scene before the arrival of the investigators."

The Homicide Crime Scene

He lied about what happened.

Walter Scott shooting: Officer Slager refused to speak to investigators on scene

Following the release of the cellphone video that contested Slager's version of events, Aylor removed himself as Slager's attorney

So this guy knew he did wrong and lied about it...yet you still defend his actions.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The man was running without a weapon. Foresight is 20/20. But did the officer know he didn't have a weapon at the time? No he didn't.

All the officer knew is the suspect was resisting, and the suspect grabbed for his taser. Someone willing to reach for an officer's weapon may or may not also be willing to use the weapon against him and his fellow officers. He definitely was a threat. A many willing to reach for an officers weapon and possibly use it against an officer, and whom is not detained and under control is a threat.

Also, the officer was obligated to secure the taser. You can't just leave a weapon lying around. That weapon also happened to be evidence. Officer safety is a higher priority than evidence. So you are wrong about him "screwing himself for moving it".

How can you people sit there and defend the suspect, he assaulted the officer while resisting arrest.

YAWN..no matter how hard you try...there is no justification.

He murdered a fleeing unarmed man. What kind of coward shoots another person in the back as they run..I mean C'mon.

This cop was a coward plain and simple...if he feared for his life from and unarmed man who was running from him.

As a non coward..I say this world does not need him.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Let me say it one more time.

Unarmed man running from him

AT WHAT POINT WAS HE IN FEAR OF HIS LIFE

edit on 15-4-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

a reply to: SonOfThor

Fleeing felon rule...
en.wikipedia.org...

You answered none of my questions or addressed the experiential responses I referenced regarding this event...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

None of what you say here is proven in the video evidence. Purely speculation. In most instances I give LEO'S the benefit of the doubt because it is an incredibly stressful and selfless job. But all my LEO friends and I agree this was a clear cut bad shoot.

I ask again - are you a LEO?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You entire basis is that he purposefully reached for the taser.
I see hand fighting that lead to him losing control of his taser, big difference.
Again not even the police department is going the talk track you are, and tbh it would almost fly.

If you don't see that this man was just out right charged and not wrung through the usual indictment process as a big deal then you are being willfully ignorant.

Cops don't get outright charged like this, or very rarely I should say.
The man messed up and it was caught on video.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I say this again, the officer didn't know he was unarmed. All he knew is that the subject just grabbed at his taser, and he is trying to escape.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join