It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam Video released from Walter Scott shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As a veteran I can tell you that one of the main reasons for all the police shootings is the recruitment of veterans into PD. Sure they already know how to shoot, can easily follower orders, and maintain a short haircut. But the prevalence of PTSD in former vets is high and should be the last ones to be able to wield a gun freely. I'm not sure if this cop was a vet or not but a large portions of police are and they all seem to have the militarized mindset that citizens are the enemies.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

Do you have data to support that? Because I read something a while back that veterans tend to have a lower number of use of force incidents, citizen complaints, and so on than non veterans. Because they typically can maintain bearing better and have been under duress before.

Officer age and tenure have been shown to possibly be more indicative of the likelihood of use of force, complaints, etc.

But hey, thanks for letting the rest of us vets know what you think of us

Eta: yes I'm trying to find the article I referenced. Bear with
edit on 9-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm a vet with PTSD and I know quite a few vets with PTSD and had several small group counseling sessions with them. My best friend was in the invasion in 2003 he snapped in a Aside store and kept beating an Arab man because he had a flashback like he was in Iraq. I am not trying to paint a broad picture of vets I'm just saying that maybe we shouldn't militarized police forces with ex combat vets. They will revert to old habits. Just like the guy who shot the American sniper guy at a gun range, he had PTSD and something in his mind took him back.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Also I don't have an article to support my claims, I'm basing it off my own experiences. Don't worry I'm not calling for vets not to have guns. What I'm saying is high pressure situations could trigger these feelings in vets with PTSD. Btw thanks for serving

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The sad thing is, if he would've been providing for his kids instead of rolling around in his Benz on dubs, none of this would of happened.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

eh for the most part cops doesent like to show the ones that get away(would defeat half the purpose of the show)

only other one(then the motorcycle one u talked about) i saw where they just gave up chasing some one was when they ran accross a meth lab while chasing the guy and decided to arrest them instead of the guy running on a theft charge or something ,people rolled up the driveway to find the cops tv show in their yard. in reality the cops dont catch every one but they do catch alot of them

much more on-topic yeah running from the police is rarely a good idea but like many members have stated nothing this man did(that we can see from the videos at least) justified the level of force used let alone shooting the guy repetedly and then the tazer plant attempt

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

That comment is so stupid as to be almost beyond the effort to respond too.

Tell me it was a bad joke on your part and you really don't believe the tripe you just posted...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: amazing
Then he ran. Ever watch Cops on TV, people run all the time, sometimes for no reason at all.

I've watched a LOT of "Cops". The only guy I've ever seen get away when running from the cops was a guy on a motorcycle. They will catch you, they will find you. Running never works.

Yeah, I mean it was a traffic stop, they had his license, registration, plates...everything. Why kill him when they had all the information and could pick him up later. Makes the violence all the more problematic.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

That comment is so stupid as to be almost beyond the effort to respond too.

What was stupid about it? The guy couldn't pay child support, yet he's driving a Mercedes with custom rims? If he had his priorities straight, he would've just gotten a ticket for a busted brake light.

Tell me it was a bad joke on your part and you really don't believe the tripe you just posted...

Nope, no joke... I call em like I see em.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i have to ask this question, after watching the videos over and over.
what kind of ammo are the cops using now?
i see a man running and has an entire clip emptied into him at close range.
he is then handcuffed...and no blood? none..nada.
he should be torn up bad! blood everywhere....nothing.
dont want to start an argument..just asking.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Back to the passenger, yes, there is something moving in the car from about 2:30 onwards (maybe sooner, I was concentrating on the movement). Has any media outlet mentioned the passenger yet? If there was a passenger (and it looks like it unless that's an optical illusion of something moving across the street), the policeman would have known the event had a major witness. The dashcam would have kept recording, why wasn't more released? Maybe the passenger/optical illusion ran at some point too, or just opened the door and walked away during the aftermath of the shooting. Interesting development, mainly because I haven't heard about it from or on cable news.
edit on 9-4-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhoDat09
a reply to: Bilk22

From what I saw in the video that's not hard to imagine, the guy was barley running when he was shot!
He wasn't shot leaving the car. He was shot down that alley. If he ran, why would he stop? That cop doesn't look like he would be that fast and it would seem the suspect had a pretty good head start. Something isn't adding up.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

My guess is at some point he stopped and tried to fight his way out of the situation. At the beginning of the other video it looks as if he just knocked the taser out of the cop's hand or vice versa.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

I am not saying the shooting was justified, but there are legit reasons why the police stop people for minor violations.

Timothy McVeigh, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, Randy Kraft, etc. were all caught after being stopped for minor traffic/equipment violations.

Many other serial killers, murderers, rapists, etc. were captured as a result of an officer performing a simple traffic stop.

articles.latimes.com...
edit on 9-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

*Sigh*

If you, as the driver of the vehicle, are pulled over for a traffic violation and run away, you are guilty of resisting without violence.

Do you think it is legal for a driver to runaway from a legal traffic stop?

I forgot to add. I am not saying the shooting was justified.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It sure does sound like the cop says, "Your third brake light is out." Does anyone know if that's a legitimate stop in South Carolina? I know vehicles manufactured after 1986 are required to have a third brake light. But is it a violation?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: txjab512

No idea, if it is indeed a violation... but today on CNN they had an (ex cop, I think) not sure who he was, anyway he said that the third brake light out on the vehicle, did warrant a traffic stop, because "if you were driving and you saw that, you'd think that driver was coming right at you" .... so still no idea if that was actually illegal or not. It was CNN....

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
How can you be asking why he ran.... ?

he made a (poorly) calculated choice between getting shot/beaten on his feet, or on his knees right there.
he tried to buy some time and distance.. he probably wasn't thinking all that smartly and went into that silly panic mode we all go into when all the hype and media suddenly becomes *your problem*.

he probably got that feeling things were all a bit wrong... and if he did he was right to run (not smart, but survival is good yes?).. not that it did him any good.

I can't say I'm all that stunned anymore, it really is getting worse from the reports we read, And i would sadly expect more "runners" in the weeks to come.. it's become a part of our global culture now thanks to the media frenzy, it's in the back of everyone's minds now when they interact with LEO.

That, is why he ran.
edit on 10-4-2015 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

How are you asking why people are asking about him running, while in the same breath you're creating this whole scenario in your mind of things that may have happened, may not have, but certainly didn't?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

There was blood. Watch a higher quality version of the video.

1) an entire magazine was not fired

2) not all rounds fired impacted on Scott

3) one round penetrated his heart, which would significantly or entirely reduce the ability to pump blood out of wounds

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join