It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam Video released from Walter Scott shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: ketsuko
No, he didn't deserve to be shot. But why did he run?

It doesn't make any difference. He was murdered.

You're right. We shouldn't bother trying to understand the motives from all parties involved that contributed to the events and actions by both parties

"At this point, what does it matter?"

Sounds familiar.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
On the other hand, when a cop tells you to stay put and you run off, that's not a very smart thing to do. Even/especially if there is a warrant out for your arrest.

Not saying he deserved to be killed but just this. When will people learn that disobeying cops at times like this greatly increases the chances of a bad outcome?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So the guy runs while the cop is sitting in his cruiser. The guy has a pretty good head start and yet this cop was able to catch him? This gets stranger by the minute.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You're right. We shouldn't bother trying to understand the motives from all parties involved that contributed to the events and actions by both parties

Sounds familiar.

The guy was unarmed and running away and was shot in the back. He was cuffed and left there to die. The cop then planted evidence. It's all on video with no question what happened.I don' t care if he didn't want to be arrested or thought he was running from giant green monkeys. He was gunned down in cold blood.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Judging by the video, Mr. Scott was no Usain Bolt.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

From what I saw in the video that's not hard to imagine, the guy was barley running when he was shot!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhoDat09

From what I saw in the video that's not hard to imagine, the guy was barley running when he was shot!

When you hit 50, see how fast you run if you haven't maintained the most active of lifestyles.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not judging him, just saying. The officer could have fast walked behind him and caught him.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Then he ran. Ever watch Cops on TV, people run all the time, sometimes for no reason at all.

I've watched a LOT of "Cops". The only guy I've ever seen get away when running from the cops was a guy on a motorcycle. They will catch you, they will find you. Running never works.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The police need to find something better to do than to harass people over simple things like 3rd brake light being out to generate revenue. That light is completely optional on a vehicle. Just another LEO looking for any excuse to harass people.

Let's hope the jury does the right thing and finds him guilty.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: raedar

*sigh*

If that were the reason, he wasn't going to make it better by adding resisting to his charges. Now nothing can fix it for him.

*Sigh* is right. Running is not resisting. If he were under arrest, running still would not be resisting. It would be felony escape. People not under arrest are allowed to be scared and run away. He has his info. No big deal.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Sounds familiar.

The guy was unarmed and running away and was shot in the back. He was cuffed and left there to die. The cop then planted evidence. It's all on video with no question what happened.I don' t care if he didn't want to be arrested or thought he was running from giant green monkeys. He was gunned down in cold blood.

That's just about it, use of deadly force against a runner from maintenance problems, (if known) and a brake light problem, besides most runners are ultimately caught, even if they hide in bins, (technology versus pace and grace)
Maybe it's there in the Patriot act or something, somewhere that you can shoot a runner if you have reason to believe he/she is a terrorist.....with maintenance problems and a dicky brake light.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Sounds familiar.

What does any of that have to do with wondering why he ran?

I haven't seen one person, not a single one, try to mitigate what happened with "well don't run from the cops" beyond somebody saying that running greatly increases the chance of your interaction going south.

I was one of the ones that was wondering why he ran. The outstanding warrant answered that question. Neither the warrant nor his act of fleeing change or mitigate the outcome of the situation

Maybe you don't care to understand what people's motives are. If so, super for you. Either way, I'll thank you to allow me to continue to ask questions mmk? K.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm so sick of ALL of this bull $hi#!!!

ALL OF IT!

Just fed the F up with the dysfunction of humanity as a whole!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I would like to know from the passenger in the car why his friend ran. With all the media attention of cops shooting blacks, the last thing a black man would want to do is run from the police. What was this guy thinking?

If this wasn't captured on video, this cops statement of what happened would be accepted without question.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

He is.. Almost seems like a joke... The lesson here boys and girls is not to run from the popo

edit on 9-4-2015 by donteventrip because: (no reason given)

For everyone who is saying "oh I'm sick of this!!" Well if you want it to change then stop living your hamster wheel life and do something about it.. IT takes one person to start a change, maybe It can be you? IF you choose to just sit and type your frustrations then so be it, just don't expect # to turn into apples! talk doesn't cook rice!!
edit on 9-4-2015 by donteventrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I apologize.

I thought you were trying to justify what happened. I put off watching this video until today and it really made me upset.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Not at all. I actually hadn't heard about it until I got on ATS yesterday or the day before. Soon as I saw the video I had two thoughts: cop got fired and charged? EXCELLENT! But why did this guy take off?

Based off the first video alone I thought they had perhaps gotten physical and he was trying to get away after that, but the shooting was still not justified.

It was just a big question for me, because so much of the "beginning" was unexplained until today.

Though I'm sure my many adoring fans will blissfully ignore my condemnation of this shooting
(not directed at you)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

His family is saying it's because he had a felony warrant.

And I think at first the incident report was accepted, at least at the very beginning. That's why so many questions are being asked about the other officers involved. They all wrote statements saying he was being given CPR and first aid. Then the video came out and....this.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: amazing
Then he ran. Ever watch Cops on TV, people run all the time, sometimes for no reason at all.

I've watched a LOT of "Cops". The only guy I've ever seen get away when running from the cops was a guy on a motorcycle. They will catch you, they will find you. Running never works.

The thing about the show "Cops" is that they would rarely show the ones that get away, if they ever have. It is a produced show that may be a reality show but it is not reality.

Just sayin'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join