It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam Video released from Walter Scott shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The video from Michael Slager shows the officer approaching Scott's car. They speak, and then Slager returns to his patrol car. Scott then exits the vehicle, briefly, and Slager tells him to stay in the car. Scott then gets out of the car, again, and runs away, out of the area the camera could see.

Dash Cam Video released from Walter Scott shooting

It appears that someone else in the car. You can see their head move at the 3:30 mark. That's kind of weird.

Aside from that, yep he ran. Nope, he did not deserve to be executed. Really sad.

edit on 9-4-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2015 by raedar because: added comments

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Is the cop listening to Everlast?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So it looks like Scott was on the run then. I wonder how that matches up to the phone video then, as in was there a stop of the running in between? If there was no stop there was no taser unless done also on the run.
In edit, I need to ask too why that police video, released by the police is edited? Remember, Scott was pulled over for a faulty 'tail light'
It's daylight no lights on, but in the video, only one brake light is visible when it is used...you can't see the other, not working or other wise but you might have saw it one way or the other at the point of edit. This is pretty good video, I see no reason for more than couple of frames missing.
edit on 9-4-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There's definitely someone else in the car. It looks like a woman with her hair pulled up in a bun or short ponytail.

Please tell me you see that!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
There's definitely someone else in the car. It looks like a woman with her hair pulled up in a bun or short ponytail.

Please tell me you see that!

I see it plain as day, has this been mentioned before?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar
Yea, you can clearly see someone's head moving in the passenger seat.

This whole thing is sad and senseless. Apparently this cop really enjoyed using his taser on people, according to his personnel record.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
No, he didn't deserve to be shot. But why did he run?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I swear I heard a report that he has been in trouble several times over non-payment of child support, and was worried that he was going to be arrested over it again.

But how would they know these were his thoughts? If this is true then that info would have to come from whomever is in the passenger seat. As was mentioned above, why is this second person not being talked about?

edit on 9-4-2015 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2015 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I guess only he knew for sure, unless the other person comes forward with info.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Can only make assumptions, but maybe this-

The Scott family's attorney said Tuesday that he had a warrant out for his arrest stemming from outstanding child support payments when he was pulled over by Slager during Saturday's traffic stop, which the attorney said could be a reason why Scott began to run away from the officer.

Link

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It doesn't make any difference. He was murdered.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

*sigh*

If that were the reason, he wasn't going to make it better by adding resisting to his charges. Now nothing can fix it for him.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Scott family spokesman Ryan Julison confirmed to CNN that a man was with Scott and said he is not related to the family. The family declined to provide any more information.

Link

Why is this so weird? Why not get some insight from this person? I mean, I'm sure they are but it's not being mentioned in the press.
edit on 9-4-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This Video doesn't shed much light other than the initial contact was cordial and non violent and non threatening.

Then he ran. Ever watch Cops on TV, people run all the time, sometimes for no reason at all.

It then appears that the officer must have caught up to him and there he took him down/tazed him...and that's where the cell phone video starts. It's that little conferentation that both videos are missing that holds that real key of what happened.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Why does anyone run? He didn't want to go to jail. He might have known there was a warrant out for him, or might not have. It also appears, he couldn't prove ownership, registration, or proof of insurance. His story to the cop was that he was in the processes of purchasing it from his neighbor. I don't know what kind of grace period you have in South Carolina for getting the registration updated and insurance on a recently purchased vehicle, but it's pretty damn foolish not to have a bill of sale or something along with your insurace card for your current vehicle and be driving around.

Regardless of that, nothing in this video changes the fact it was an unlawful shoot by the officer.

edit on 9-4-2015 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Right?!

I dig that song though.

Was it just me or does the audio cut out the first time he gets out of the car?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seems like " HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT" would have been a lot easier but that's a lo to remember for a common criminal!!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Right?!

I dig that song though.

Was it just me or does the audio cut out the first time he gets out of the car?

The police video is *edited, that might be a reason, I didn't notice an audio break, but I did notice an edit as the car goes into the layby, that is about the only time you might have seen if there was a faulty brake light, (it say the stop was for a faulty tail light), but it's daylight so must have meant a brake light, trouble is when Scott is seen braking, you can't see the right-hand brake light, it's obscured by the TV crowd's embellishments, so if it was faulty there is no way of knowing. The left side is working. To add I see no reason that a decent video like that should be missing more than a couple of frames of motion.
* Now I look again in full screen there is a more captured scene than normal view, I don't know why that is, whatever, you still don't see the right-hand brake light.
edit on 9-4-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Yeah, well I didn't think anyone was really questioning whether or not he should have been shot. The fact that the cop was arrested sort of lends credence to the idea that nothing warranted the use of force to that degree.

I'm just wondering why the guy ran.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sorry, this probably has to due with my lack of knowledge about cars but I didn't look like his break light was out?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join