It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon's Special-Forces ... and Social Greetings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

"Social media is another component of unconventional strategies, and the security environment in general, that is playing a central role in recruiting individuals to causes," Army Gen. Joseph L.Votel, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, said in prepared testimony to the House Armed Services Committee in recent days.

As such, he added, "We must therefore develop our ability to interact with key influencers through this medium, or else risk blinding ourselves to this important conduit of information and influence in unfolding crises."

Whether in the blogs we browse, the broadcasts we watch, or the specialized journals we read,

there is an endless supply of information that contributes to our understanding of the world.

Pentagon's Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)

-
OPINIONS:

1. Roll Out the Red-Carpet and Sign'em Up !!!

( i.e. eveyone should consider ... alternative-views )

AND

2. ATS is certainly a ... Good Place to Start.

( and/or a place where we can all ... learn together )

SO

My First Question ... ( easy-peasy ):

Were 'Extraterrestrials' involved at the Roswell UFO incident?

edit on 9-4-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
From my perspective, I agree that extraterrestrials where involved in Roswell. kwakakev.com...

One problem I have with the article is the comment: 'Social media sites are not 'our' networks'. As part of a network there is no yours and mine, it is all ours. There are many different layers to the network with different owners and responsibilities, but at the ends we have people interacting and communicating. OSINT is a important part of defense and has a big capability to cut of many problems even before they even start.

But when it comes to war, the people and decisions have been isolated from mainstream OSINT sources.

join