It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book of Ezekiel says ISIS is GOG & MAGOG, in spite of what Sectarians have claimed for years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

These are the facts:

The Book of Ezekiel records a series of visions received between 593 to 571 BC by the prophet Ezekiel, a former priest of the Temple, in exile in Babylon. The exile, he tells his fellow captives, is God's punishment on Israel for turning away from him, but God will restore them to Jerusalem when they return to him. After this message of reassurance, chapters 38–39, the Gog oracle, tell how Gog of Magog and his hordes will threaten the restored Israel but will be destroyed, after which God will establish a new Temple and dwell forever with his people (chapters 40-48).

Son of man, direct your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince, leader of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy concerning him. Say: Thus said the Lord: Behold, I am against you, Gog, the prince, leader of Meshech and Tubal...Persia, Cush and Put will be with you...also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

In all the books of the Old Testament Gog appears only in these chapters. (The Gog son of Reuben in I Chronicles 5:4 is an Israelite, and can hardly be the same as the Gog of Ezekiel). Of Gog's allies, Meshech and Tubal were 7th-century kingdoms in central Anatolia to the north of Israel, Persia is located to Israel's east, and Cush (Ethiopia) and Put (Libya) to the south; Gomer is the Cimmerians, a nomadic people that were until 1300 BC living in north of the Black Sea, but were pushed by the Scythians to the lands that are today Turkey, and Beth-Togarmah was on the border of Tubal.

Such confederation thus represents a look like international-wide alliance against Israel, something that clearly is moving around their immediate neighbors, not only to the north but to the west and south.

( This match a lot with the way ISIS has been growing in the last 2 years, joining people of a very diverse cultural origin to their cause.)

The Conspiracy:

Since early 1980s the hard core Evangelical belt of churches that supported the rise of Ronald Reagan to the political power and continue being a key force behind the G. H. W Bush Presidency and of the G.W. Bush two terms, decided create their own interpretation of the GOG and MAGOG evil nations saying that with no doubt were the peoples of the USSR.

The fact is that all the different nations that are mentioned in the alliance against Israel belong the a very specific geographical area, that is located to the north of the levant, in the mountains that come from the Anatolia Peninsula toward north Persia, that for centuries were the mother land of Kurds and Armenians, those highlands that separate the low lands of Iraq and Syria from the valleys of Georgia and Azerbaidjan.

The point is that long chain of plateaus and mountains of eastern Turkey are precisely right now the territory that ISIS is gaining control and from which it is launching furious attacks toward the Iraq and Syria armies in the south but also against the Turkish military forces to the North east.

If you read carefully the quote of Ezekiel book I have posted that evil force is alliance with other groups that are mentioned clearly, from Lybia, from the surroundings of Sudan, and Ethiopia .

There is only one political force that is right now moving all along those territories and is menacing to control the entire middle east, and that has declared Israel its principal enemy and military target, it is the Islamic State of Syria and Iraq.

GOG and MAGOG can't be Russia or Ukraine, as some have claimed since the times of Cold war because there is no link of those nations with countries that are in the North of Africa, only ISIS qualify for such a role. Only ISIS has the confederation structure that match perfectly with the description of GOG and MAGOG.

Now, when Israel was founded following a resolution of United Nations of 1947 the USSR didn't act against it, in fact it gave their approval. The reason for which this happened is because there were at that time so many Jewish politicians in key power positions in the Soviet regime that it was unthinkable to go against Zionism, apart of the fact that the father of the Communist ideology, Karl Marx, was a German Jewish philosopher.

The two father founders of the Soviet Union were both of Jewish origin: Vladimir I Ulianov (Lenin) and Leon Bernstein ( Trotsky) , and many important members of the politburo that were poweful allies of Lenin, like Lev Kamenev or Grigory Zinovev, as well as colaborators of Stalin like Laurenti Beria , or Genrikh Yagoda.

Thanks for your attention and the thread is open to the discussion among people interested in this topic.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 4/9/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Interesting. A prophecy? Or just that the entire Middle East has always been at war??

ISIS are bad, bad news, there's no doubt about that.
So, having established your platform - what about it? Are you saying Israel is in danger?
If they are, they brought it on themselves. In my opinion.

EDIT:

The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,

All living things belong to 'the Light'.
edit on 4/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
it's always been my understanding that the USSR / Russia hates the Jews. Of course they hate a lot of people.

any ideas how the 'ten kings' come into play here? Somebody said that this would come down to Iran (Shia) & puppets vs a Sunni confederation ('ten kings').

IIRC Persia (Iran) will join Gog/Magog in the attack on Israel? (moslems unite!)

Somebody on tv (Perry Stone?) suggested that Gog/Magog is Turkey. One wonders what part that nation will play in the next few years.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I think you are correct here. Russia is always spoken of as Magog, to the North of Israel, Moscow. Maybe? They are dragged into the final war by a hook, maybe because they back these other nations you're speaking of.

Psalm 83 deals with this. Psalm 83 For the most part, I believe you've nailed it though. ISIS is that surrounding force that will try to rally people to their side to become very strong to surround Israel and will be UTTERLY destroyed by GOD HIMSELF.

edit on 9-4-2015 by DaphneApollo because: nm

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wondered if the Bible only discussed THE MIDDLE east and not the entire planet as THAT would easily apply.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

No works4dhs,

That is a stereotype created by the zionist propaganda that wants to justify the massive exodus of jews from the ex soviet union to Israel at expense of the members of the members evangelical churches in America that are instructed by their leaders to donate money for their program Christians supporting Israel.

Pls check:
www.ifcj.org... rVgknrX0YFVinkmnz6uoaAvXc8P8HAQ

In fact that is a myth, as I told in the opening thread Karl Marx himself was Jewish, as also were Lenin and Trotsky, so there is no substance in such a claim, it is a distraction sophism, a smart propaganda tool designed to deceive people into continue sending money to sponsor the moveout of a lot of Jewish people without wasting just one only single Jewish dollar on it.

The evangelical leaders agreed into enter in such a plot because they have other programs of the so called Christian tourism to the Holy land that requires the protection of the Israelian Forces.

Millions of dollars are made every year by the owners of Hotels and travel agencies in Israel to promote that tourism to the holy places. They don't like the Christian tourism because they feel respect to Jesus, not at all, they want to get their money.

Now, pay attention to this so important point:

The last hard core Communist leader of the Soviet Union, the ex-principal of the KGB, Yuri Andropov, who advised Nikita Khrushev to perform the brutal repression of the Prague democratic spring in the late 1960s and the invasion of Hungary in the 1950s was Jewish all his life. That gives you an idea of the position of power that they had on those times.

www.jta.org...

Yuri Andropov even proposed a program of relaxation of the migration from the Soviet Union to Israel years before to be head of State, many people that is now living in Israel came thanks to his opening of the doors.

forward.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 4/9/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

Well dear DaphneApollo,

To the north of Israel are many other countries before to reach Russia:

Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, apart of the lands controlled by ISIS and there is an entire sea en between before to even arrive to Ukraine, it is called the Black sea.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness .

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
The fact is that all the different nations that are mentioned in the alliance against Israel belong the a very specific geographical area, that is located to the north of the levant, in the mountains that come from the Anatolia Peninsula toward north Persia, that for centuries were the mother land of Kurds and Armenians, those highlands that separate the low lands of Iraq and Syria from the valleys of Georgia and Azerbaidjan.

The point is that long chain of plateaus and mountains of eastern Turkey are precisely right now the territory that ISIS is gaining control and from which it is launching furious attacks toward the Iraq and Syria armies in the south but also against the Turkish military forces to the North east.

I agree and have been waiting for someone to interpret it that way.

"Put" is Libya where ISIS has a presence and there are large groups of Salafist Islamists. You could even lump Algeria and Tunisia in there simply by extension -- basically the same people.

Same thing for "Cush", Cush is Sudan and Somalia, where Al-Qaeda has a presence in Al-Shabaab and ISIS has an ally and recruitment center. Sudanese rebel Muslims have been fighting a civil war against Christians in the newly independent nation of South Sudan since 2014. Even though Boko Haram is eastern Nigerian, it's close enough to lump into the same group by extension, and they are a branch of ISIS whom they've declared loyalty to.

All it means to me is, fighters from Cush and Put will join the battle, so Islamic Extremists from North Africa as well as Sub-Saharan/Eastern Africa will participate. They already are, and are doing some of the worst atrocities lately.

Turkey is a closet supporter of ISIS, or at least indifferent to warring with them. ISIS gets most of its support and recruits funneled through the border with Turkey. There are tons of ISIS agents and facilitators that live in Turkey. Turkey intelligence services are undoubtedly in on it or at least taking a blind eye to it. Turkey is Meshech, Tubal, and Togarmah. You should throw Chechnya in there too as many of the high level ISIS guys are Chechens. "The Northern Nations" of the prophecy.

38 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you,Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

Chechnya is in the land of Magog, just north of Meshek and Tubal. I've read that many top level commanders in ISIS are Chechens with experience from their war w/Russia.

Well what if "Gog" isn't a person at all, but a principality? In the sense of the New Testament (Ephesians 6:12)?

Answer: The phrase principalities and powers occurs six times in the Bible, always in the King James Version and its derivatives (NKJV, MKJV). Other versions translate it variously as “rulers and authorities,” “forces and authorities,” and “rulers and powers.” In every place where the phrase appears, the contexts make it clear that it refers to the vast array of evil and malicious spirits who make war against the people of God. The principalities and powers of Satan are in view here, beings that wield power in the unseen realms to oppose everything and everyone that is of God.

Now, Principality is defined as chief, or ruler.
So then, what is a chief prince? (ex: "the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal..)
It seems like a chief prince is synonymous with a principality.
Therefore Gog doesn't have to be a human being at all, but rather.. a principality of darkness, a "spirit" or "demon".

7 “‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9 You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

It does seem like the "hordes gathering about you" are the Islamic extremists, but eventually, even many Islamic moderates as the war begins. The foreign fighters from all over Europe (from the lands of Gomer and Magog) are rallying under ISIS for the destruction of Israel.

I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army

Sounds like Iraq and Syria. Being turned around with hooks in your jaw sounds like Islamic extremists supporting and joining ISIS + other terrorist groups. Getting "pulled" into the conflict with a hook in the jaw, which is akin to being given BAIT, and tricked. A reason to go there .. "the creation of an Islamic State".

10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.[d]” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages[e] will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

Sounds like ISIS. Attacking resettled ruins? What about all of the ancient ruins being destroyed by ISIS in Iraq and Syria? I know it meant Israel in this example, but it begs the question.

Sheba and Dedan are peoples of the Arabian Peninsula, such as Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the U.A.E. I find this dialogue almost creepy because it shows Sheba and Dedan having a reasonable conversation with Gog's army. Only fellow Sunni muslims would treat other, Sunni muslim attackers in such a way if it were in the middle of a war. It's almost as if Sheba and Dedan ask if Gog has come to plunder because they do not like the plundered parties to begin with; be them Shiites, Kurds, Alawites, Christians, or Israeli Jews.

“‘After the seven months they will carry out a more detailed search. 15 As they go through the land, anyone who sees a human bone will leave a marker beside it until the gravediggers bury it.

That depiction sounds like Gog's army will mostly fight to the death; there won't be ceasefires or negotiations, because the enemy will be ISIS, or ISIS-like, and will have to be slain outright.
edit on 4/9/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

But ISIS doesn't threaten Israel... ISIS really only does most of its damage in Syria and Iraq, and it is losing ground in both of those countries. ISIS will be a forgotten terrorist group in as little as 2 - 3 years. Mark my words.
edit on 9-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Lol

it is called the Black sea.

They don't have planes? To get over an ocean? Well, dog my cats...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But ISIS doesn't threaten Israel... ISIS really only does most of its damage in Syria and Iraq, and it is losing ground in both of those countries. ISIS will be a forgotten terrorist group in as little as 2 - 3 years. Mark my words.

Because they aren't powerful enough yet. It is a main part of their larger strategy, to eventually destroy Israel.

"Gog's" hordes are still gathering.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In the book of Revelation, the people who are martyred for Christ during the last times are beheaded (the saints under the alter who have been beheaded for their allegiance to Jesus), which supports your argument. Now digressing from your main point a bit, God's eternal promise to the Jews is based not on their current (lack of) relationship with Jesus but on Abraham's obedience. The Jews remain, at least while this earth lasts, "the apple of God's eye" because of Abraham. "All Israel will be saved", but that is because they will at some point in time acknowledge Jesus, perhaps not even until he returns to defeat their enemies.

Revelation and Daniel foretell that a new Temple will have already been built before the end. God will cleanse and reconsecrate that temple after the attack on Israel and the rout of it's enemies. He will also himself "cleanse" Israel of its unbelief and disobedience. The attacking force will be a coalition from all over the place ("and many nations with them"). But this is rather very late in the prophetic timetable.

And as to who belongs to the "light", believe me, I know a few individuals who do not. There is such a thing as evil and evil people. Anyway, God says we can discern who is of the light and who is not of the light. Only He can judge, however. So, the I'm okay, you're okay belief is wrong for Christians. Would we all change some things about Christianity if we could cherrypick? Of course! My biggest peeve is Christians who don't know and don't care enough to learn for themselves their own religion but rely on generations of hearsay (a main cause of the multitudinous denominations). They say all kinds of ridiculous things and to me this is taking the Lord's name in vain. No wonder unbelievers mock us for not being able to get our acts together.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingMom
In the book of Revelation, the people who are martyred for Christ during the last times are beheaded (the saints under the alter who have been beheaded for their allegiance to Jesus), which supports your argument.

Call me crazy but, I remember thinking up the kind of # that's going on right now when I was a little boy, being first exposed to the mere concept of prophecy; biblical or otherwise.

I just knew eventually evil men would start kidnapping and beheading Christians en masse, like it was a thought imprinted in my head before I knew # about #. All it took was watching/reading a few things, some weren't even Christian. Even Nostradamus! lol.

But it's because it does say in Revelation that the martyrs were beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, when they appear before the Throne in white garments. Maybe that's where the big idea of chopping off Christians heads comes from, for ISIS?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Because they aren't powerful enough yet. It is a main part of their larger strategy, to eventually destroy Israel.

Yet? They aren't GOING to get powerful enough. They are losing ground. Their shock and awe strategy is petering out now that forces have organized to stop them. The US' bombing campaign is proving to be highly effective. At this point, when I see ISIS press releases and them promising to do all sorts of nonsense, I just roll my eyes because I know it is just a bunch of hot air to rile up the overly fearful.

There's a reason why news on the ISIS front has been quiet. There isn't much to report. Let's see, doing a cursry glance at news related to ISIS, ISIS hacked some French website, a few countries are looking forward to bombing ISIS, ISIS has freed some Yazidi captives, and an ISIS mass grave was found. No news about ISIS gaining ground though.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Just posting this study on the topic .
peace

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

There's a reason why news on the ISIS front has been quiet. There isn't much to report. Let's see, doing a cursry glance at news related to ISIS, ISIS hacked some French website, a few countries are looking forward to bombing ISIS, ISIS has freed some Yazidi captives, and an ISIS mass grave was found. No news about ISIS gaining ground though.

That's not necessarily true. The media took a conscious turn away from ISIS after the Jordanian pilot was burned alive and the countries of Japan and Jordan were played with and tricked for the entire world to see. Some say it was because the media was somehow indirectly assisting recruitment efforts and radicalization by giving them too much air time. There ARE government officials that pull strings and tell the news outlets what they should and shouldn't be airing, we just don't hear about it much, because it draws attention to the hypocrisy of our so called free speech.

The Iraqi army has been embroiled in retaking the city of Tikrit for weeks, the news just isn't saying much about it because there's no doom porn and people aren't being paraded in jumpsuits for terrible, public, executions. That kind of nasty # captures the minds of the american viewers, and others as well. Good for ratings, but how much is too much coverage .. when it can cause other consequences?

While the Iraqi army was attacking Tikrit, they lost Ramadi to a counter attack. Nobody cares because it's just Iraqis fighting and dying, they've been doing that since the beginning of recorded history.

Throw a few western prisoners in there and tell people about their past and home lives, how good of men they are, and then air still shots of them being ruthlessly beheaded in the desert with a friggin' pocket knife, and everybody's talking about it!

Don't trust the media or their aim, bro.

PS: There are supposedly some form of ISIS sympathizers in every single state of the United States, being observed, according to the FBI Director. Nothing to really worry about, yet.

If these shootings of african americans by police get worse, don't think ISIS wouldn't be able to form an american brand of some kind and indoctrinate hateful, angry, people into attacking and killing average US citizens. It could happen. Remember the guy holding the ISIS sign during the Ferguson protests? No one cared. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Sorry for straying slightly off-topic.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Sure don't trust the media. That let's you invent your own reality that ISIS isn't anything but a very regional threat to two destabilized countries. They certainly will NEVER be a threat to Israel.

ISIS Has Lost 25 Percent of Territory It Once Held in Iraq, US Says

Losing 25% of the territory you took originally (which was already a small area to begin with). That's certainly the promising outlook of a group poised to become an international threat...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: r0xor

Sure don't trust the media. That let's you invent your own reality that ISIS isn't anything but a very regional threat to two destabilized countries. They certainly will NEVER be a threat to Israel.
Losing 25% of the territory you took originally (which was already a small area to begin with). That's certainly the promising outlook of a group poised to become an international threat...

Al-Qaeda has 0% of territory, they've still killed thousands, all across the world, not just in two destabilized countries.

You have to understand the psychology and indoctrination of ISIS to really see it as a threat. How it's grown out of nothing, how it draws in foreign fighters from across the world, how it has supporters that are alone and isolated wherever they may be, and just might show up to the party to murder everyone in attendance, then die trying to murder the cops who've come to stop them. Like in Australia recently, and France. Please tell me you aren't saying global terrorism doesn't exist and we shouldn't be worried about it, or the contribution that ISIS may or may not make.

They've got the resources, manpower, materials, money, and terribly.. the faith to make Al-Qaeda look like Fischer Price, my first terrorist group.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

ISIS is that surrounding force that will try to rally people to their side to become very strong to surround Israel and will be UTTERLY destroyed by GOD HIMSELF.

Um......
no.

It would be nice, though, if SOMEONE would utterly destroy ALL of the stupidity and barbarity in the world. Won't happen.

Enjoy your life day by day, and stop waiting for "GOD HIMSELF" to fix all the problems. Ain't comin'.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
it's always been my understanding that the USSR / Russia hates the Jews. Of course they hate a lot of people.

any ideas how the 'ten kings' come into play here? Somebody said that this would come down to Iran (Shia) & puppets vs a Sunni confederation ('ten kings').

IIRC Persia (Iran) will join Gog/Magog in the attack on Israel? (moslems unite!)

Somebody on tv (Perry Stone?) suggested that Gog/Magog is Turkey. One wonders what part that nation will play in the next few years.

There are at least three interpretations of Gog and Magog I've seen. One does have Russia involved directly as Gog.

One is a solely Middle Eastern affair with the 10 Kings being ME Nations + Greece. If you have been paying attention geopolitically, you know that Russia is a major player behind the scenes in the ME and Greece has been making noises to join their coalition depending on what kind of debt help the nation can get. This may potentially drag Greece into a ME coalition as part of a coalition. Yes, that has Russia in that scenario, but only as the puppet master or glue that binds.

The third scenario posits that God and Magog may not even happen until after the Millennial Rule of Christ on Earth and before the FInal Judgment. Satan will be set free once more to deceive and Gog and Magog will be nations/Rulers of those times who drive the final battle before the new heaven and earth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join