It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbie Graham - UFOs, Hyperreality, and the Disclosure Myth - Copenhagen 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Robbie Graham - UFOs, Hyperreality, and the Disclosure Myth - Copenhagen 2014

Today I was planning on write about how Stephen Bassett & Michael Salla hope that another Clinton in the White House might just be what finally makes the trick to kickstart the whole UFO disclosure thang --the 'exopolitical blue dress' as Bassett put it; and don't expect *me* to 'splain that political reference...

But instead, I decided to share with you guys this video, recorded on early October of 2014 at the 'UFOs and the Media' conference organized by Exopolitics Denmark, in which my good bud Robbie Graham talks --among many other things-- on why the UFO community should do well in turning the page on 'Disclosure'; at least, the way Bassett, Salla and others envision it...

Robbie, for those of you who may not know it, is the man behind the highly recommended Silver Screen Saucers blog*. He holds a Masters degree with Distinction in Cinema Studies from the University of Bristol and a First Class Honours degree in Film, Television and Radio Studies from Staffordshire University; Robbie sought to combine his life-long interest in UFOs with his academic background, so what was originally intended to be his PhD thesis slowly transformed into a full book soon to be released (Sept 21, 2015) detailing the impact of the UFO/Extraterrestrial mythos in cinema, and how Hollywood's influenced might have been used by intelligence agencies in order to shape our views and expectations of the phenomenon.

Join me in watching this vid and discussion.

👣

edit on 688ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
At the 34:00 minute mark when Graham shows that picture of the battle of Los Angeles Emily Windsor-Cragg an Annunaki contact says that was Christ trying to return. She also goes on to say that Christ was an Annunaki sent to earth to teach spirituality. That's all I have to say about that.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

If I got the gist, as I listened while working, and he is lucid and interesting and thanks for posting it... he thinks the phenomena is a bit more complex than aliens studying us... tie in myth building and cultural memes (film), govt spooks taking advantage of the phenomena they have no clue about... and viola' ... a big bowl full of something ...clear as diarrhea.

I'm still in the "it's likely two or more things" camp.

Some of the "techier" sightings sure seem like high tech govt or private endeavors... I'm still even wondering about the secret spacemen/lost civilization meme... perhaps even actual physical "aliens" of some sorts as well... and then there is the more spiritual or just plain weird accounts where things go off the rails into paradigm shattering scenarios.

Add in other dimensions and a possible 'multiverse' that somethings might be able to traverse... some aspects of reality we have no inkling about, maybe far beyond even the spiritual, and the very real possibility that all is consciousness and that this universe is very unlike our idea of "real" and ...

concept diarrhea.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Howdy BM

The Daily Grail is right up there as a platform for intelligent articles; one of the best imo. RPJ is one of the guys too. It's been good seeing him rise from the obscurity of being a commenter to writing for Mysterious Universe, an editor on the Grail and interviewee on the wonderful 'excluded middle' of Radio Misterioso. Same for Robbie Graham and his progress from blogger to participant in 'the scene' of ufology.

I've just used ListentoYouTube to rip the audio to mp3 because it's easier to listen than watch. I look forward to listening to it later.

As a reader of Silver Screen Saucers, I'm familiar with his ideas about hyperreality and UFOs. I also studied Baudrillard and Post-Modernism at uni so the concept is known to me and it informs the conflicted impressions I have on the subject.

'Has Hollywood fuelled the UFO mythos or has the UFO phenomenon fuelled Hollywood?' I guess the same question could be rephrased to ask whether aerospace industries have inspired the UFO mythos or has the UFO phenomenon inspired them? Going back to the '20s and '30s, we could ask if the UFO phenomenon and, by extension, Hollywood was fuelled by pulp comic covers and science-fiction?

The knottiness of hyperreality is always Möbius with no solution to the metaphorical 'chicken and egg' puzzle. We can't place any certainty on what was the original stimuli. Sure enough, some will cheerfully conclude that the UFO mythos has been entirely created by whatever US and UK agencies. It's all been a Cold War gambit played out by Intelligence magicians via Hollywood/media and 'just got out of hand' is how many see it.

Whatever it is, or isn't, it's 'real' to many and is heir to perpetual uncertainty; therein lies its hyperreality

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I think the hyperreal knottiness is easier to detect nowadays than it was back in the day, and that might really be all the progress that we can manage collectively in terms of Ufology. I don't think it can really be solved objectively. Individually, however, the knottiness can be used as a kind of koan, to expand consciousness. I think that's what Robbie was really getting at.

As a koan, it will mean different things to different people depending on their temperament and readiness.

Have you read this?

Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics, and the Paranormal

👣

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

cool lecture with many interesting angles covered - i wasn't aware of robbie graham - i'll check out his blog and any other online stuff i can find

his take on a lot of stuff seems fairly close to my own

thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Coincidentally, Koans have been making subjective sense recently so we might be thinking along similar lines at this moment in time.

No, I haven't read the Kripal book. I've listened to a lot of his interviews and relate to the ideas. Same goes for Chris Knowles.

Creative fiction is mainlining concepts into our cultural veins.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I think the hyperreal knottiness stretches all the way back into pre-history, and so insights into the hyperreal UFO gives us insight into the nature of religion and myth. We write it, and it writes us.

Something lurks in the subtext.

👣

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Something lurks in the subtext.

Quite possibly : )

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Baudrillard on ATS

You guys never fail to surprise me.

Someone should let Vallee know this guy should be on the team to go after the control system.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If there was ever a platform for hyperreality, the www. and sites like ATS rank right up there with the rest of the media.

Talk about subtext...

top topics

join