It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Rocker2013

The term sodomite from the 11th and 12th century was used to set apart homosexuals from others. This is not something new and society has always frowned upon it.

Which society was that?

Oh wait, sodomite comes from the bible.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

This is exactly how I think your average elderly person sees the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: Seamrog

This is exactly how I think your average elderly person sees the world.

You do know that us elderly are from the Free Love, Acid Rock, Hippie generation, right?

OK, so maybe some Midwest, bible belt elderly.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Admit it guys who wouldn't have loved to have partied with Annee during those times
Dance and such and booze!!
edit on 12-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Admit it guys who wouldn't have loved to have partied with Annee during those times
Dance and such and booze!!

LOL, Oh yeah!

Got divorced right in the middle of the sexual revolution. Fun times. (never did drugs though)

Us elderly laugh at the young today who seem to think we were teetotalers in rocking chairs.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Well they may not be ill..... Really I can't believe you threw that in the ring like it's comparable. Good god.

If they weren't comparable, you wouldn't even entertain the idea that pedophiles may not be ill. They ARE ill, but you can't say they are without admitting that homosexuals are ill as well.

Ill or not the fact remains that one group relies on willing partners while the other uses manipulation coercion and rape . There's a reason one is illegal and the other is not and they are not comparable.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Doesn't the word refer to the inhabitants of Sodom in the bible?' I may be wrong but I thought it didn't become a term to indicate homosexuality until the 11th century or so.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Doesn't the word refer to the inhabitants of Sodom in the bible?' I may be wrong but I thought it didn't become a term to indicate homosexuality until the 11th century or so.

I don't really know. Wasn't there.

IMO the bible is not an accurate accounting of anything. Some fact and a whole lotta myth.

Homosexuality is a normal birth orientation. Only man with his fears and judgments corrupts what is natural into sin.

originally posted by: Sigismundus

One of the things that David's son Jedediah-Solomon did was to build 'shrines for the Qodeshim' which is sometimes mis-translated 'sodomites' or 'dogs' (Deut. 23:18) as a way to get around the fact that they were sacred male prostitutes who took the woman's sexual position on the fertility altars of the various goddesses (e.g. Asherah, or Astarte, Isis etal.) but the would be 'ritually' dressed as women.

edit on 14-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hey no I think there is a point where the child can be saved from this mental illness being perpetuated by transgender propaganda and that at least we can set an age limit. 17 years old was clearly getting ready to be an adult and was not going to change his mind. To ban the practice I think is basically saying society loses. We give up trying to shield our children from the obvious influences and agendas of depraved mentally ill individuals who want to simply crave attention. I would never make a teenager that was not committed to changing his or her ways go through with it, but any child under twelve can almost certainly be saved with the right guidance. There will always be a few that we cant get, and some will just choose to behave erratically later on in adulthood, but we can at least try and save our childrens innocence.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join