It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: greencmp

a reply to: windword

On behalf of the human race and the members of ATS, please allow me to apologize for the crassness of a member who would try to deny what you've been through for a political point.

I really wonder why I keep coming here.

Well, we know where you stand on this.

Why do you?

Right back atcha green.

I'll tell you this. I know I'm a bit more "down in the trenches" than some of the better posters here, but I would NEVER suggest that someone's relation of abuse they suffered as a child was a lie.

That speaks to a level of human-disconnect not to mention elitism, not to mention arrogance that boggles the mind.

Further, everyone has also heard your warmed-over Randian rants as well, Greenie ... why do you keep inserting that vapid ideology into every topic regardless of content?

Eh?

I am happy to provide you with something to be appalled by, I will make sure to continue to provide you with supercilious sustenance.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't want to pick that battle, I will choose to believe you.

Ya I'll bet. Because you know damn well they didn't make that sh*t up.

Personally I would think an apology would be in order. Just saying...

You seem like the type of person who aggravates situations for entertainment and think of it as righteousness.

You just accused another ATS member of lying about their own sexual abuse as a child, and you're going to try to squirm aside by trying to switch blame to mOjOm???

Although, I'm not really surprised, you just compared requests for "a death star" to dealing with child sexual abuse a few posts ago.

Silly me.

Yes I did and, frankly, if you are testing me again, I still have tremendous doubt. As I said, I have no horse in this race and it is none of my business.

However, not only is it not relevant to the thread and a consciously manufactured slight, all of you (except windword who made a plain statement that I have no cause to reject) have roundly avoided the one thing which I have put forth as a solution, let local law enforcement handle crime.

This is not the responsibility of the federal government.

Testing you? LOL ... nah, with all due respect, your positions are not testworthy in my opinion.

No one here is ignoring your position, several of us just disagree with it.

The responsibility of the Federal government includes the general welfare of all citizens. I know that burns your biscuits, but that is not only in the basis of the Constitution but in the letter of it.

Thanks for your opinion, and I'm sure you're welcome for mine.

Democracy, freedom of expression, gotta love it!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

On behalf of the human race and the members of ATS, please allow me to apologize for the crassness of a member who would try to deny what you've been through for a political point.

Thanks Griff!

In all fairness, I can understand why someone wouldn't be able to comprehend the "slut shaming" of a 5 year old, let alone it being done publicly in a church! People wouldn't stand for such a thing these says, but they're okay with shaming LGBT folk!

I just read some of the other posts including yours and I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you. There are some truly evil people in the world, I've had the misfortune of hearing about this type of thing from various women I've known throughout the years and it makes me furious people get away with this stuff.
Thanks to the UK where it's all coming to light, I would hope it makes people realise how commonplace this is in all walks of life and it's imperative that the people responsible for committing and allowing this type of behaviour are eradicated from the human gene pool.
Again, I'm very sorry to hear about what happened and I applaud your bravery for talking about it publicly.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

To openly say that windword is lying isn't on.
You have no idea of what she has lived through and many here know little bits and I for one believe her.
I again suggest you be who you always wanted to be and start wearing more colourful clothes.
Or let gay folk be who they are because they cause no harm at all. These camps cause harm and If you stick up for them you are part of the problem.

Gay is not a disease or an illness it is part of the human condition and completly natural...stop attempting to change which doesn't need to.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

a reply to: greencmp

Are you the kind of person who walks by as well only to call DSS later to have the child taken away and made a ward of the state?

I'm a victim of pedophilia and child abuse, by family members and teachers, in the 1950's. Everybody who could have helped, like my family members, my teachers, neighbors, the school principal, the police (who were called), and the church set a blind eye to what was obvious abuse, and in turn, punished me! (I asked for it, don't you know!)

I was publicly slut shamed in front the church congregation when I was 5! I was sent to "Jesus Camp", to find repentance, when I was 8, because a janitor had his way with me.

This is the same thing that is happening to our LGBT youth. Their being abused and shamed, sent to conversion camps that teach self hatred and self loathing, all because of other's people's crimes and ignorance!

I'd bet a $10 bill that NONE of this is true.

This poster's entire small town America was set against her.

Her family.

Her neighbors.

Her teachers.

Her principal.

The police.

They ALL blamed a child who showed up drunk and pantiless in the choir loft Sunday morning.

All of them.

I am certain that something did happen to her in her childhood, but this invented tale is not it.

Of course, this is my opinion. $10 it's correct, but it is my opinion.

I've known of similar stories personally from people and it sadly can and does happen. As I previously mentioned, you just have to look at the various recent revelations in the UK revolving around anything from people in power/media to what was going on in places like Rotherham. It doesn't just happen to one or two people, it can happen on a massive scale for decades without any of it coming to light.
So yes, it does happen. And while it must be fantastic to enjoy the naivety of thinking it can't I sadly have to inform you it does.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I don't want to pick that battle, I will choose to believe you.

Ya I'll bet. Because you know damn well they didn't make that sh*t up.

Personally I would think an apology would be in order. Just saying...

You seem like the type of person who aggravates situations for entertainment and think of it as righteousness.

You just accused another ATS member of lying about their own sexual abuse as a child, and you're going to try to squirm aside by trying to switch blame to mOjOm???

Although, I'm not really surprised, you just compared requests for "a death star" to dealing with child sexual abuse a few posts ago.

Silly me.

Yes I did and, frankly, if you are testing me again, I still have tremendous doubt. As I said, I have no horse in this race and it is none of my business.

However, not only is it not relevant to the thread and a consciously manufactured slight, all of you (except windword who made a plain statement that I have no cause to reject) have roundly avoided the one thing which I have put forth as a solution, let local law enforcement handle crime.

This is not the responsibility of the federal government.

Testing you? LOL ... nah, with all due respect, your positions are not testworthy in my opinion.

No one here is ignoring your position, several of us just disagree with it.

The responsibility of the Federal government includes the general welfare of all citizens. I know that burns your biscuits, but that is not only in the basis of the Constitution but in the letter of it.

Thanks for your opinion, and I'm sure you're welcome for mine.

Democracy, freedom of expression, gotta love it!

I was referring to your persistent accusations of insensitivity.

Actually, you haven't disagreed with me at all, you have only attacked me.

Hah, general welfare.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Thanks Griff!

In all fairness, I can understand why someone wouldn't be able to comprehend the "slut shaming" of a 5 year old, let alone it being done publicly in a church! People wouldn't stand for such a thing these says, but they're okay with shaming LGBT folk!

I have no words for what I've seen today here, Windword.

Thank you again. I am too angry to stay on here at the moment. Take care of you, and be blessed.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Come on man. You're just screwing with us now.

Really?? The Irony is too much.

EDIT: Seamrog might still have you beat though.
edit on 10-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Your thin skin that can only see discussion as "attack" is irrelevant.

If I "attacked' you report it.

If I "attacked" you, prove it.

Pointing out the irrationality of your suggestions here (and other threads) is not "attacking" you.

Although, I'm sure at the moment, you'd like to cast awareness off of your despicable behavior toward Windword.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Come on man. You're just screwing with us now.

Really?? The Irony is too much.

Maybe a little matter of fact in my response but, where did Gryphon disagree with me? I could be wrong but, I don't remember that.

Irony?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

That Courage site is BS anyway. They know full well that they aren't Converting anyone and could probably be sued for even suggesting something like that. Nobody is being converted from gay to straight. Look at their Goals and notice number 1.

1. To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality. ( Chastity )

Considering the source of the link on here, I would have no doubts about the ludicrosity of the site.

But I will have to kowtow to the greater experience of the Roman Catholic Church's experience with child abuse.

They really can't be challenged on that point.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Your thin skin that can only see discussion as "attack" is irrelevant.

If I "attacked' you report it.

If I "attacked" you, prove it.

Pointing out the irrationality of your suggestions here (and other threads) is not "attacking" you.

Although, I'm sure at the moment, you'd like to cast awareness off of your despicable behavior toward Windword.

Ad hominem.

Instead of responding to my assertion that local and not federal government is responsible for investigating criminal conduct, you focused on my failure to accept a separate comment from another member as truth.

I can withstand public shaming as an adult, particularly when it is unfounded.

Proceed.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Most people here disagree with the idea that Conversion Therapy has any credibility at all.

Everyone here disagrees with you about windword telling a lie. Other than seamrog.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Great stuff by Obama.... he's not my favourite guy but I have to say that this is absolutely spot on.
How ****ing stupid and insane do you have to be to have "Correctional Treatment" for people who happen to be of a different sexual persuasion from you?

It is backwards, degrading and frankly disgusting to have this kind of "Treatment" in a modern western country in the 21st century.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Most people here disagree with the idea that Conversion Therapy has any credibility at all.

Everyone here disagrees with you about windword telling a lie. Other than seamrog.

Of course, I agree.

Seamrog is probably just like me in that the scenario as initially claimed was difficult to accept at face value. I chose to accept it with the clarification.

If you wish to make this into a dissection of an unrelated comment from a member, by all means continue.

I am also a white man in case that is significant though, unfortunately, I am not religious.

My apologies.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Show me one, single "Conversion Camp" that isn't funded and/or run by the Religious.

Now, show me one single religious method for treating any mental illness (perceived or not) that has actually worked. Can someone pray away their Schizophrenia? How about OCD? Can you pray away Bi-Polar disorder? What about Disassociative Personality Disorder?

You should educate yourself about Courage before making these claims.

From Wikipedia:

Courage International, also known as Courage Apostolate is an approved apostolate of the Roman Catholic Church, which "ministers to those with homosexual or same-sex attractions".

So you're telling me there you CAN'T show me even one non-religious group that claims to be able to "reverse" homosexuality.

So glad we're on the same page.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Gay is not a disease or an illness it is part of the human condition and completly natural...stop attempting to change which doesn't need to.

No matter how much you and the homosexualists want it to be so, sodomy is not natural.

It is 100% contrary to nature and natural law.

Same-sex attraction is a human disorder, and much like other human disorders, can be treated.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I'm telling you Courage is there, and it WORKS.

I don't doubt that it bothers you that it is Roman Catholic.

I don't care that it bothers you either.

It is there, and it works - contrary to the cries from the harpies on this thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

So is bigotry.
Anyone want to help me set up a forced anti bigotry camp?.
Oh and you are wrong in every sense of the word.
Good job most of the civilized world agrees with me and not you.
Get back to the 1800's where you belong.

Also why is sodomy not natural? where ever we put our thingys is natural because we can actually do it.
Straight people enjoy some bum fun sometimes so who cares? why is it so wrong to you to be gay? it isn't just about sex it is to do with love....you anti love?.
edit on 10-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

No matter how much you and the homosexualists want it to be so, sodomy is not natural.

It is 100% contrary to nature and natural law.

Same-sex attraction is a human disorder, and much like other human disorders, can be treated.
100% contrary to nature and natural law?

A human disorder?

Sorry, that's not even remotely true.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join