It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: greencmp
I don't want to pick that battle, I will choose to believe you.

Ya I'll bet. Because you know damn well they didn't make that sh*t up.

Personally I would think an apology would be in order. Just saying...

You seem like the type of person who aggravates situations for entertainment and think of it as righteousness.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: greencmp

My point is about people who will turn a blind eye to obvious abuse. State and federal laws and regulations that are in effect to protect children against their abusive parents are necessary and helpful.

So, are you agreeing that investigating suspected crimes is the responsibility of local law enforcement?

Or, are you saying that, because you have no confidence in the ability or willingness of local law enforcement to do so, you advocate for a national department of religious sex related crimes?
edit on 10-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Some of them believe that prayer and smearing olive oil on the forehead cures heart disease and cancer.

There's no accounting for superstition, frankly.

Not to mention, there was no "political pressure" on the APA in the 1970s; the only pressure was the mountain of evidence.

They are scientists, after all.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: windword

On behalf of the human race and the members of ATS, please allow me to apologize for the crassness of a member who would try to deny what you've been through for a political point.

I really wonder why I keep coming here.

Well, we know where you stand on this.

Why do you?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You seem like the type of person who aggravates situations for entertainment and think of it as righteousness.

By suggesting that you might have been a bit out of line to another member and pushed them in to some very personal area's of conversation and may want to apologize??? But I'm the bad guy??

It's only aggravating because you know I'm right about it. Sorry if that upsets you.

link   

You just accused another ATS member of lying about their own sexual abuse as a child, and you're going to try to squirm aside by trying to switch blame to mOjOm???

Although, I'm not really surprised, you just compared requests for "a death star" to dealing with child sexual abuse a few posts ago.

Silly me.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Show me one, single "Conversion Camp" that isn't funded and/or run by the Religious.

Now, show me one single religious method for treating any mental illness (perceived or not) that has actually worked. Can someone pray away their Schizophrenia? How about OCD? Can you pray away Bi-Polar disorder? What about Disassociative Personality Disorder?

You should educate yourself about Courage before making these claims.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

On behalf of the human race and the members of ATS, please allow me to apologize for the crassness of a member who would try to deny what you've been through for a political point.

Well, we know where you stand on this.

Why do you?

Right back atcha green.

I'll tell you this. I know I'm a bit more "down in the trenches" than some of the better posters here, but I would NEVER suggest that someone's relation of abuse they suffered as a child was a lie.

That speaks to a level of human-disconnect not to mention elitism, not to mention arrogance that boggles the mind.

Further, everyone has also heard your warmed-over Randian rants as well, Greenie ... why do you keep inserting that vapid ideology into every topic regardless of content?

Eh?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well, upsetting you wasn't my intention just so you know.

But if I did, I'm sorry.

See how easy that is....

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I agree with banning, on a federal level, forced gay conversion therapy for minors.

I'm also all for a Constitutional Amendment that provides for the protection of LGBT members of our society.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
WTF this medieval BS was still going on in the US?
Well done Obama for doing something that should have been done DECADES ago, sorry... or rather should not have had to be done at all ever!

I'm not going to pansy around and say what makes some people happy and prat on that there's no difference between same sex and opposite sex relationships, etc etc. I think it's an odd concept because I can't imagine being sexually attracted to someone of the same sex. I also don't get bondage, amongst other things. But jeez man, who cares if it doesn't hurt anyone. It's certainly not something to be 'cured'. Some of my best friends are/were gay.
I also won't let a straight man cut my hair, has to be a girl or a gay guy. But that's another story.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Show me one, single "Conversion Camp" that isn't funded and/or run by the Religious.

Now, show me one single religious method for treating any mental illness (perceived or not) that has actually worked. Can someone pray away their Schizophrenia? How about OCD? Can you pray away Bi-Polar disorder? What about Disassociative Personality Disorder?

You should educate yourself about Courage before making these claims.

... and you should educate yourself about the differences between reality and backward superstitions before making yours.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You just accused another ATS member of lying about their own sexual abuse as a child, and you're going to try to squirm aside by trying to switch blame to mOjOm???

Although, I'm not really surprised, you just compared requests for "a death star" to dealing with child sexual abuse a few posts ago.

Silly me.

Yes I did and, frankly, if you are testing me again, I still have tremendous doubt. As I said, I have no horse in this race and it is none of my business.

However, not only is it not relevant to the thread and a consciously manufactured slight, all of you (except windword who made a plain statement that I have no cause to reject) have roundly avoided the one thing which I have put forth as a solution, let local law enforcement handle crime.

This is not the responsibility of the federal government.

link   

I agree with banning, on a federal level, forced gay conversion therapy for minors.

I'm also all for a Constitutional Amendment that provides for the protection of LGBT members of our society.

We Americans (gay) appreciate your support, Windword!

link   

We Americans (gay) appreciate your support, Windword!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thanks Griff!

In all fairness, I can understand why someone wouldn't be able to comprehend the "slut shaming" of a 5 year old, let alone it being done publicly in a church! People wouldn't stand for such a thing these says, but they're okay with shaming LGBT folk!
edit on 10-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That Courage site is BS anyway. They know full well that they aren't Converting anyone and could probably be sued for even suggesting something like that. Nobody is being converted from gay to straight. Look at their Goals and notice number 1.

1. To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality. ( Chastity )

(post by Seamrog removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Once a 5 year old girl is publicly labeled a slut, everything that happens after that is fair game!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join