It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For End To LGBT Conversion Therapy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

a reply to: Gryphon66

What you myopic posters don't "get" is that all this government over-reach is eventually going to bite YOU in the ass!

If we ever get a religious nutter in the Whitehouse, it'll be you screeching about government overreach, but it'll be too late then.

It's a good thing there's this pesky little document called "The Constitution" preventing a "Religious Nutter" president from turning America into a theocracy.

Show me where in the Constitution that government can dictate to a parent how to raise their children.
Child abuse laws are already in place to prevent parents from abusing children.

If you're driving your kid to suicide by forcing them to attend "therapy" because you mistakenly believe that homosexuality is a mental disorder, that's abuse.

Pretty simply. For one, Homosexuality is no longer classed as a mental disorder by the U.S. Government. So any "therapy" to reverse that is quackery.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: beezzer

I agree that the government shouldnt interfer with adults wanting this therapy, but children should not forced into something because of their parents beliefs.

I guess local police cannot stop crimes?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"Show me in the Constitution where rape is against the law."

"Show me in the Constitution where murder is against the law."

What a specious argument.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Then why do we need more from the federal government?

If you're driving your kid to suicide by forcing them to attend "therapy" because you mistakenly believe that homosexuality is a mental disorder, that's abuse.

And local authorities are helpless. And every child that goes through this dies horribly.

Pretty simply. For one, Homosexuality is no longer classed as a mental disorder by the U.S. Government. So any "therapy" to reverse that is quackery.

I might attend therapy to quit smoking. Quackery as well?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I didn't bring it up.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I agree that the government shouldnt interfer with adults wanting this therapy, but children should not forced into something because of their parents beliefs.

Childcare is obviously a federal issue. Indeed, it would seem that everything is the responsibility of the national government even though it is actually impossible for any government to oversee.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Local police can only stop crimes that are defined by LAWS that are enacted by the government!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Your logical fallacy of the day is THE LOADED QUESTION

A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question which contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).
Aside from being an informal fallacy depending on usage, such questions may be used as a rhetorical tool: the question attempts to limit direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.

The traditional example is the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

via Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I didn't bring it up.

Dishonesty now?

Did someone else type in under your member name?

Yes, you did bring it up. And you know it's horsepucks.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Local police can only stop crimes that are defined by LAWS that are enacted by the government!

I wasn't aware that states were incapable of writing laws and that ONLY the federal government was.

Imagine that!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Childcare is obviously a federal issue. Indeed, it would seem that everything is the responsibility of the national government even though it is actually impossible for any government to oversee.

No one has said anything here that suggests that "everything is the responsibility of the national government."

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There is no small number of men and women who have benefited from therapy for same-sex attraction.

They are anathema to the homosexualists, but they are true witnesses to truth.

You are correct to understand that Obama and the progressive leftists want to get between parents and their children.

Throwing around scary words like 'child torture' shine a little light on their motives.

There is a wonderful apostolate called Courage that has helped a lot of people:

COURAGE

I share this not for the militant gays on this site, but for the quiet ones who are really struggling.

There is a hope and a life outside of the homosexual culture, and it is OK to walk away from it, and into the Light.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I didn't bring it up.

Dishonesty now?

No. I'm just looking at this issue in a broader sense. I don't have an emotional stake in this so I can look at it subjectively.

Unlike you.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Then why do we need more from the federal government?

And local authorities are helpless. And every child that goes through this dies horribly.

I might attend therapy to quit smoking. Quackery as well?

Not every child that goes through the therapy commits suicide, but they are certainly mentally damaged by it.

And yes, right now local authorities are helpless to stop it because there's no law or precedent for arresting parents who force children into unneeded therapy.

And you're an adult, if you want to go to therapy to stop smoking that's entirely up to you.

link   

originally posted by: windword

You glorify and praise government stepping in and making sweeping determinations on how a parent can and should raise their child(ren).

Are you the kind of person, who, if you see a parent abusing their child, you will just walk on b and not interfere, because parents own their children and have the right to treat them however they see fit?

Are you the kind of person who walks by as well only to call DSS later to have the child taken away and made a ward of the state?

As you can see, there is no good answer to either of these hypothetical questions. The issue is simple, this is not a yes or no argument. Complicated questions do not have a universal answer and that is why allowing a variety of ways to address such problems must be left to local government.

If you want invasive authoritarian government, you can have it in your state or town.

link   

I didn't bring it up.

Dishonesty now?

No. I'm just looking at this issue in a broader sense. I don't have an emotional stake in this so I can look at it subjectively.

Unlike you.

Perhaps you mean "objectively" if you're still trying to display your superiority to all of us?

Yes, you're TOTALLY emotionally disconnected from this issue. Your rant a few posts above calling us all idiots and morons proves it!

link   

As I said on the first page, I don't think that banning conversion therapy for minors something that the Federal Government can do without declaring LGBT people a "protected class" first. But, certainly the Federal Government can and should bar parents from torturing their children.

US Federal law bars parents from practicing female genital mutilation, for example.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

No one has said anything here that suggests that "everything is the responsibility of the national government."

So why is the president of the united states commenting on it?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

You do know that studies show the most anti gay folk are actually hiding their gay thoughts?.

elitedaily.com...

Just come out dude you will be finally happy.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here is a documentary film about three people who walked away from the trap of homosexual culture and lifestyle:

The Desire of the Everlasting Hills

You don't have to accept the shrill garbage of the homosexualists on this site.

Watch the film and see for yourself.

It is compelling.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join