It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good to see someone in congress gave a damn!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
After they have been there a few years, they could all take $0.00 salary, and still walk away millionaires. Very few go into politics to help The People. Imo, it is either for power and/or information for sale that can make them wealthy in the future.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Makes sense. Put them in Government housing and give them an EBT card too.

Five minutes into their four year term and they'd be auctioning off their votes on the Senate floor.

Anger is one thing and it can be healthy. When it goes too far it leads to ridiculous ideas that only leads to more trouble.

You pay them minimum wage and you get minimum wage effort. However these are the people that control the country. Give them minimum wage and you will attract deadbeats that have no concept of the jobs responsibilities and will sell themselves just as readily as the current batch if not more so.

What must be done is curb the outside money from playing a part in politics. It's not a matter of the taxpayer giving them subsistence wages to prove a point. It is a matter of Halliburton giving 60 of them 20 million each to take us to war again, or GE giving 60 of them 10 million each to reduce emission laws, or the Koch brothers buying 60 of them for what ever plans they hatch, or Bloomberg putting enough in his pocket to remove the guns from the common citizen, the possibilities are endless...

I understand the anger and I share it. I want the same things as you do I am sure. I just think we want to go about it in different ways.

I want to leash/harness the Ticks while still providing enough incentive to attract competent legislators. The days of Teddy Roosevelt and JFK are over. Selfless service to the nation simply doesn't exist in America any longer.

Provide a decent wage and stop the outside influence and there may still be a chance (however slim) to save the nation, do not do these things and we continue to decline and eventually fail.
edit on 9-4-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

This is why they don't represent and can't relate to the average U.S. citizen. Them voting themselves a pay cut? Only when hell freezes over!!! Who in their right mind would vote themselves a cut in pay?

I would question Ann Kirkpatrick's underlying reason for her statement. She knows there's not a chance in hell that would see the light of day. I would guess it's more for political posturing rather than a sincere and devoted agenda. Their salaries and benefits are ridiculous to say the least. Yet they want to cut social security, ignore the problems with healthcare, continue to increase taxes on hard working Americans, ignore the blatant abuse of our constitutional rights due to the Patriot Act they ratified, and send our young men and women into harms way with the stroke of a pen.

The system is fixed for their benefit. They make a lucrative career out of a job that should only be temporary. Maybe if the salaries were in line with the middle class, we would have a much bigger voice in congress. Excessive salaries and power is ripe for corruption and abuse.

My rant is over, I can't stand politicians!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: EternalSolace

How about they live in government housing. That's good enough for their constituents. Why not for them?

(lol) can you imagine what kind of 'government housing' they'd vote themselves? might as well take over whatever are the fanciest hotels in DC (a la Harry Reid).
the Navy has something called a 'Berthing Barge'. THAT would be a fun place to keep them!

en.wikipedia.org...
media.nara.gov...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join