It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more first class on the taxpayer's dime bill.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

We're upset so much because we're the ones having to pay for their frivolous luxuries whilst struggling to feed our families and pay our rents. They plunge citizens into destitution but award themselves huge pay rises with our money. They raise the retirement age for us all to work until we drop dead, but made sure they exempted just themselves from this new law. They underhandedly sneak laws through which benefit their private interests, they use taxpayer money to heat their paddocks for their horses but force the rest of us to freeze. They starve our NHS of our taxpayer cash but use that same cash to pay for their drugs and booze-fuelled kiddie-shagging parties. They make the unemployed dance like jesters for £70 quid a week for sustenance, whilst they gorge on £35 a pop breakfast paid for by us.

They force us to go through strict means-testing to claim taxpayer cash, if we have any money stashed we can't get a red cent, if we have a job with wages we can't claim anything - but they have personal fortunes AND salaries too, yet they claim from taxpayers but not for necessities, for frivolous luxuries, and they don't have to be means-tested for a penny of it.

They take the right piss considering most of them are dodging their own tax obligations and not paying into the pot they take so much from.

When we need taxpayer help it's 'benefits', when they claim it's 'expenses', two labels on the same jar.

They exempt themselves from living by the same tight rules they've inflicted on everyone else.

I'd better go, I'm starting to rant.

Sounds like English politics suck...hehe

I understand your points, I was addressing travel using business/first class that it is not considered a luxury by the professionals that need to use it. Some first class is over the top and so I agree that should not be used in those cases, but most is labeled business/first class and that is just what traveling professionals use.

edit on 12-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

That bill is a joke and a distraction from the real issue.

Forget the measly first class air fare and concentrate on a bill that stop the rampant influx of money from Oligopolies,lobbyist, special interest groups to the hands of our politicians and their campaign run.

If you don't see an issue with a politician having to raise a half of billion dollars to run for office than you are the cause of the issue in this country. They wipe their arses with that first class ticket , mostly use their lobbying buddies private jets any ways.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I do see the issue with that, as I've posted time and time again.

<< 1   >>

join