It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do pilots believe in UFOs? Many of them do and here is my close encounter story

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well this was 06 time frame.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: buddah6

It sounds like you made a wise choice. And averted some ridicule.

I felt pretty damn stupid!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The OHare incident a friend of mine was working on a roof there when it happened. Many seen it but when i asked he said I need my check so I saw nothing. Even getting a few beers in him doesn't work. he has since quit and moved west to forget about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I think a better question might be do pilots believe in none terrestrial vehicles operating in our skies , UFO is such a generic term I doubt there's any pilot who hand on heart could say there aren't things in the sky they couldn't identify at one time or another.

I think that pilots are accustomed to seeing aircraft from many angles unlike non-pilots. They have the ability to identify things in the air better than most. On the other hand, many non-pilots have what I call the "Piper Cub" affect where any small aircraft is a Piper Cub. What I mean is, they are not good observers of aerial objects. Even pilot see thing they can't identify...me included.

The question is that do pilots believe in non-terrestrial vehicles? I think most take the scientific approach in that the universe is too large to be alone. It's like seeing Bigfoot...a lot believe with very little evidence. There is too many hokes and it is very difficult to find any actual events.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't even mention my own encounters anymore, I especially wouldn't in a work situation.

It is really awful that people are treated as crazy, deluded, liars or just told to shut up about sightings and encounters, these thing stay with people forever, sometimes if not directly confronted they lurk under the surface at every moment.

Shame on the agencies preventing people getting to grips with these things and constantly questioning their own psychology and grasping at answers.

There clearly is far more to the visual /dimensional Universe that interacts within this planet than government led mainstream 'acceptable thinking' is admitting to.

I would like the truth, the sooner the better.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The story is a little tough to visualize but maybe the "wispy clouds" were some sort of portal, since the red ball of light seemed to disappear into it shortly before the "clouds" had a strange reaction and vanished.

Possibly the clouds, additional lights, and putty-tearing effect were a form of inter-dimensional travel that is beyond our comprehension?
edit on 4/9/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The question is that do pilots believe in non-terrestrial vehicles? I think most take the scientific approach in that the universe is too large to be alone.

It's a sensible view to take although there could be millions of civilisations out there in our Galaxy that doesn't mean they've been here , I'd like to think that at some time perhaps one or two have but as far as I can see there is no real evidence for that.

Pilots are still people and just as susceptible to tricks of the mind and confirmation bias as someone looking at something unidentified from the ground.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have never seen UFO's.

I HAVE seen strange airplanes:

during cold war.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen
I have to wonder about the aerodynamics of the design. There doesn't seem to be enough vertical stabilizer there.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
There doesn't seem to be enough vertical stabilizer there.

A front wheel driven Lada Niva 1500 don't need more yaw control than that.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My comment was made in jest.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The question is that do pilots believe in non-terrestrial vehicles? I think most take the scientific approach in that the universe is too large to be alone.

It's a sensible view to take although there could be millions of civilisations out there in our Galaxy that doesn't mean they've been here , I'd like to think that at some time perhaps one or two have but as far as I can see there is no real evidence for that.

Pilots are still people and just as susceptible to tricks of the mind and confirmation bias as someone looking at something unidentified from the ground.

Pilots are indeed people but we work in the environment where most UFOs are seen. I would love to see one! Some folks are lucky in that sense.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ivar_Karlsen
I have never seen UFO's.

I HAVE seen strange airplanes:

during cold war.

I have even flown some strange airplanes...lol. OV-!D Mohawk

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It's a shame the didn't outfit that old Chevrolet in the back with some wings. (sure the fins are bad ass, but wings would rock!)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have a very difficult time understanding why anyone who has access to the internet
could question the presence of UFOs/Alien life on Earth. All one has to do is a minimal
amount of digging through the BS to see the likes of Paul Helyer, former Canadian Defense
minister, former astronauts and literally hundreds of former black ops informers reveal
what they know about the subject.

They are here, they have been coming here for thousands of years. A close personal friend
of mine worked at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories, he tells me there have been
at least 3 advanced civilizations on Earth that were wiped out hundreds of millions of years
ago and that some of the "visitors" are the descendants of those civilizations and the ones
that managed to escape whatever brought them to an end. So much is hidden from the
general public for such stupid reasons.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
April 10, 1989 - Reported it to the National UFO Reporting Center...but it is not in their archive for that day:
UFORC - link

After deplaning we called the number. "National UFO Reporting Center" said the voice from the other end. At the time I didn't even know such a place existed, but they took collect calls from pilots and air traffic controllers. Bruce told the person on the other end of the line that we wanted to report a UFO. We were interviewed separately, first the captain and then me. When my interview was finished the man on the other end of the line said that we would never hear from him again and would never receive any additional information, this was going to be our first and only contact regarding the sighting. I asked, "Can I ask just one question, do you think we're crazy, has anyone else ever reported something like this?"

Many pilots believe in little green men, Captain Andy said.
"Oh no, you're not crazy at all," he replied. "This very same thing has been reported by pilots countless times." And while neither of us had any idea what we had saw one thing we were certain of, it wasn't from here.

link

Seems like a pretty significant sighting that they would want to preserve for the historic significance. I just found that odd, and hadn't seen this thread when it posted.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

www.nydailynews.com...

I know my experience is not 100% UFO related..

But it's in the realm of the weird and certainly could be related to what's been witnessed...

I'm a Private Pilot, have been since 1995, with about 175 hours logged - and only 10 hours logged towards my IFR (Instrument Flight Rating).

Now I'm what you would classify as recreational - at best. Nowhere near the hours and time accumulated - but I think flying - in general - yourself - is an education in itself about expecting the unexpected.

Two experiences I had which fall in the 'weird' category:

I was flying around Phoenix, literally doing a big circle around the metropolitan area - and while I was getting close to the I17 - I started to head north along the highway - and as I started heading north - I see - from a 45 degree angle ahead and coming directly towards me - a B17 bomber which what appeared to have it's aft section burning and it was clearly out of control heading at me at - sideways.

I swung my wings hard to the right, and at the same time called Phoenix Approach and reported it.

Now Phoenix has a lot of hangars for old planes, so Approach just told me they don't have anything 'in the area', which we were within the 30 mile radius of their radar so it should have at least blipped when it didnt.

I swung back, and the plane was nowhere to be seen....

I quit flying for a while after that. That was too weird for me.

Another time - I was on a final approach to Monroe Field - just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina - and I saw what appeared to be a clear 'line' on my horizon at about mid field.

The only way I can describe it - best - was - there was a visual break I was seeing - about a mile from the Cessna I was flying in - where the 'quality' of the terrain showed a marked decrease past that point.

Ideas of 'the Matrix' were the first thing that came to mind, and no - it doesnt scare me about potentially being in one - I find it actually pretty cool to think about in fact - and since then I havent been flying.

Since I am not what you call a seasoned pilot - I made it a fact to carry my digital camera with me each time I went flying - everywhere I went - I really do love flying (I respect it!) - here's a photo of the line I saw - what I saw in real life actually maned to come decently in this photo:

Look right at the 'end' of the runway, there's a weird line. had never seen anything like that before.

Anyways. The world's weird. I kinda enjoy it that way. Makes life interesting.

i look forward to other pilot's stories on ATS!

On a final note...

Yes I did have the camera with the B17 incident. I didn't have enough time to react, I was too busy getting out of the way. So yes, I do Believe UFOs exist. But I also believe there's so many more potential things happening than a simple ET fly by.
edit on 2015410.0 by universalbri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

Fantastic stories. Thanks so much for sharing that.
I am not sure I know what I am looking for in that picture. I've never seen the runway from that angle so I don't have anything to compare it to.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: universalbri

Fantastic stories. Thanks so much for sharing that.
I am not sure I know what I am looking for in that picture. I've never seen the runway from that angle so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Beautiful angle, isn't it?

Look at the point on the pavement where the arrows on the runway - meet the lined pavement.

The arrows are saying 'dont land here - aim for this mark' - and at that mark on this runway - I can plainly see the dividing line that spreads across the field perpendicular to the runway itself.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why not have cameras fitted on planes? Would solve a tremendous amount of problems and would be great to see what pilots report as UFOs. As interesting as they are, when I read a pilot story I know thats all it is, just a story, no video or even pictures. So simple mounted cameras would be very handy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join