It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive world UFO sighting map from 1933 to 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
For those interested here is an interesting idea.

An interactive animated map of all UFORC registered sightings over time since 1933.

You can see the frequency increase with the animation through time. And choose your part of the world.

UFO Map

Some locations it seems to be almost constant activity.

I'm not sure if this can be imbedded in to the post.
edit on 9/4/1515 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
and not a single piece of definitive evidence! just speculation.
Still, i love the idea, with enough patience you could look for patterns, and maybe learn something about these sightings, if they are tied to military bases or times of the year or weather events, and so forth
also please tell me i was not the only one trying to click the flashing circles for no particular reason!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Krusty, that is one of the most fascinating maps I have ever seen.

I could look at the activity from Los Angeles to Virginia Beach from 1933 on? Damn, that is excellent. Really goes to show what's been going on!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Yep, I tried clicking the dots too!

And you're right about the evidence, this is just reports only.

I can't remember the name of the documentary, but it was about sightings reported along one the parallels which dissects the Continental US horizontally and is littered with sightings, and there is a string of military bases on the same line, which could account for a lot of the activity. You can see this represented just below the horizontal midsection point.

Interesting that the bulk of reports are from the mainland US compared to the rest of the world.

It's a great visual tool to illustrate the statistics compared to just dry numbers.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I noticed a few in Antarctica, if these were ET craft, why would aliens be visiting there? If these were top secret military planes, again why would they be buzzing the coast of Antarctica and how did they get there? I think this shows that most sightings are tricks of light. Not that I dont believe there aren't real ET encounters.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
I noticed a few in Antarctica, if these were ET craft, why would aliens be visiting there?

If they've come to survey the planet, Antarctica is just another part of the planet, and fairly unique at that - they may be after soil, water, air or mineral samples.

Or then again maybe they just needed some ice for their space daiquiris!!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krusty the Klown

If you try an pause that counting animation at 415 that I have no clue as to what it is, it will only show one UFO report on the far West of the USA in the whole world on that frame.

I don't know how to look at the year or date on this thing?

edit on 10-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This animation of data is still cool as all Giddy-Up!!!

Maybe we could get the author to visit here? I also haven't figured out how to use his/her site, or slow it down, but hopefully someone will & post it?

THANKS Krusty for bringing this here!!!
YAY!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
NONE in my area at all, No UFOs spotted near my town...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The clustering is interesting, would be nice to also put on military bases and flight paths on this map.

Is there a global map of magnetic readings of the magnetosphere?

edit on 10-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The main consistency I see is:

More people = more sightings

More air traffic from airports = more sightings

More air traffic from military bases = more sightings

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Pretty map, but I really don't know what information it is trying to convey. What are the intermittent glowing circles supposed to represent? A single sighting? If so, what year? According to the legend, the color of the circles means something (duration of sighting?) but it doesn't really explain it. What would "NULL" mean in this context?

The slider at the bottom left goes from zero to 511. What do these numbers represent?

The map must be a work in progress and will hopefully be better documented when done.
edit on 4/10/2015 by Shadoefax because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join