It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unconquered Asturian people. Romes bane.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

"Yeah, I was looking for pictures of traditional garb and it came up. I honestly didnt know. LOL"

seeems like our (western) history is kind of roman-centric. You don't hear to much about people groups that successfully defied the romans. Another group that did were the Parthians.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

"Yeah man, there is alot that modern academia would rather we just forget. I dont understand why."

My above post was probably confusing; it was meant as a comment to your quote hear in this post.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

A common spirit of defiance, and a common spirit of merry celebration...lol.

So you guys are, basically, drunk a-holes... got it!

Heh, Just remember there's a fine line between defiance and uncouth hostility... heh... but glad your ancestors stuck it to Rome... trouble is, Rome never really stopped dominating... they just kept moving "Rome" West.

But really loved the history lesson... have loved that part of the globe even before I knew you hailed from it.

And yes, I have some Celtic dna, too... I'm just sneakier about my defiance... and gravitate to non-alcoholic merry celebration materials.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LafingWithTears

seeems like our (western) history is kind of roman-centric. You don't hear to much about people groups that successfully defied the romans. Another group that did were the Parthians.

Well I think it's a Medi-centric thing myself, folks on the north or south Med gets all the love, the further removed that pond the less love fer ya.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

lol

yeah I dont drink much anymore. havent gotten black out drunk since I was a teen and I tend to only get drunk 6 times a year. I, um, like alternatives every now and again....LOL

I am good with one drink or a FEW beers. I am always the one everyone enjoys forcing booze on, or spilling booze on. hehe.

Defiance is, good. Hostility, sometimes merited. Absurd peace, even better than both. LOL

as far as sneaky, thats what its all about! Another little tit bit from this picture:
After the defeat of the Former Asturian army, they petitioned the local governor or legion commander, I forget, maybe the same thing, anyways, the Asturians asked the guy to send MANY troops to carry away tribute to Rome as a sign of peace. Everyone he could spare and they acted very scared and defeated....He complied expecting to bring enough tribute to merit a procession into Rome to present it in all its glory and his.

Trouble was they just killed everyone and never sent an ounce of gold! LOL

Sneaky enough?!

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 4 13 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

they did in many cases since most roman soldiers were volunteers from places they conquered as for why rome was so committed to using force, rome was a nation that worshipped a war god, romulus their first king was said to have been the son of said god, they lived for war and conquest, losing meant death or slavery to most lower ranked soldiers and there was no such thing as negotiation to them, it was submission or death.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: bally001

they did in many cases since most roman soldiers were volunteers from places they conquered as for why rome was so committed to using force, rome was a nation that worshipped a war god, romulus their first king was said to have been the son of said god, they lived for war and conquest, losing meant death or slavery to most lower ranked soldiers and there was no such thing as negotiation to them, it was submission or death.

Well that's mostly trrue except that one time when they backed the hell up, stopped their advance, negotiated with the Meroitic Queen called Amanishekhato, rescinded all tribute they sought to imposed and allowing parts of Upper Egypt as an open city.
Btw some said she rode an elephant and was blinded in one eye through combat.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I see your point but I think we are speaking of two different divine entities here. When I say connection to the divine I mean the connection to the earth mother Sophia while you are most likely speaking of the supreme divine entity (of whom is not concerned with gender). But yes, in an ideal society gender plays no significant role but being the four dimensional beings we are in this experience the role of male and female should be considered, I believe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join