It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Can you vote more than once , i have not tried but if you can the haters will just vote over and over .
nope only one vote per person ..

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Looks like I voted for the most popular choice. Interesting

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I am gobsmacked to see the UK at 1% ha ha! people clearly don't know my government and its behind the scenes efforts. Wasn't it cameron who armed the Libyan civilian army before war started in that country? He must be singularly proud of the real way Gadaffi died - shameful even though that man was far from perfect. He knows there are plenty in Westminster who probably deserve the same treatment.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Unless you change your IP

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Rather amusing, imo, that at this point, over 50% view the USA as the top threat. I don't expect that to really change. I do find it misguided, but then again, what can one expect from a social site, with such wide ranging views, and a lot of them are not logic-based. /shrug

How about world views..?

An international survey has ranked the countries perceived to be the biggest threat to world peace. The end-of-year poll by Gallup International canvassed almost 68,000 people in 65 countries. The United States took the top spot, followed by Pakistan and China.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Any other answer than the US is moronic, no other country in history has attacked so many sovereign countries in a 60 year period. The US is the most aggressive and dangerous country to have ever existed, they spend more on their killing apparatus's than the next 10 highest spending Countries combined.

To say you fear any other Country more than the US is just ludicrous. The USA will start WW3 and will kill more people than the next 10 countries combined..going by its expenditure.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The United States didn't surprise me. I was really torn between Russia, the U.S., and Israel.

To me, Putin having been in the KGB, has a deep seeded desire to bring back the glory of the old Soviet Union. He doesn't like the idea that Russia no longer is considered a super power. It's why he always want's to remind the world about Russia's nuclear arsenal. That to me, is concerning.

The over reach, pressure and policing by the U.S. on countries around the world is only causing tensions and creating enemies. It's creating a cauldron of hate for the U.S. which could eventually blow.

Israel is the catalyst for tensions in the middle east along with U.S. interference. Israel can create a major upheaval in the middle east which can lead us into another world war.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Any other answer than the US is moronic, no other country in history has attacked so many sovereign countries in a 60 year period. The US is the most aggressive and dangerous country to have ever existed, they spend more on their killing apparatus's than the next 10 highest spending Countries combined.

To say you fear any other Country more than the US is just ludicrous. The USA will start WW3 and will kill more people than the next 10 countries combined..going by its expenditure.

Um I call bs instantly!!!!

Plenty of other countries attacked other countries more often in recorded history.

Plenty of countries killed many more in a much shorter span.

Ghengis khan, attacked more by far.

Alexander THE GREAT attacked more by far in less than a 10 year span.

Hitler or Stalin or Mao killed more in a 5 year span than america in its entire history.

At least be objective.

link   
Bit suprised Sudan is not on the list, considering it's historical (and ongoing) Mahdi fervour and the role that plays in extremism in Egypt, among other countries.

That said, the most suprising absence is surely Bhutan - consistently the happiest people on the planet? Surely they are up to no good.....

link   

Any other answer than the US is moronic, no other country in history has attacked so many sovereign countries in a 60 year period. .

HEY

Come on!

Your forgetting Britain!

We have basicaly invaded or gone to war with every country except 22!.

USA is still a long way off our track record! Hell they are only on there first Afganisatn war! amatures.
edit on 9-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

My honest thoughts on this... I don't know!

We're taught that people are prosperous and free, but I don't buy it. I believe we are taught to think of ourselves as lucky, when in fact we are not lucky...

Indigenous people were happier, those around who haven't been interfered with are still happy.

I will embellish but for the next hour or so I've got some work to do asap...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I would love to see how'd you'd feel about that 100 years or so after the the U.S ceased to exist (in a hypothetical situation). It's hilarious to me that so many people view the U.S government as such a threat to the human species when they are clearly a check and balance within the global community.

I'll tell you what is what: The U.S government is by no means full of angels. It is infact full of devils, bankers (a different choir of devils) and oligarchs. It is in fact corrupt and it has made many mistakes. But I'd sure as hell rather the Americans calling the shots globally than Putin, the Chinese, the North Koreans, or the Islamists.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

I would love to see how'd you'd feel about that 100 years or so after the the U.S ceased to exist (in a hypothetical situation). It's hilarious to me that so many people view the U.S government as such a threat to the human species when they are clearly a check and balance within the global community.

I'll tell you what is what: The U.S government is by no means full of angels. It is infact full of devils, bankers (a different choir of devils) and oligarchs. It is in fact corrupt and it has made many mistakes. But I'd sure as hell rather the Americans calling the shots globally than Putin, the Chinese, the North Koreans, or the Islamists.

I agree completely, seriously, with every single word!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
We all know the winner is USA the most saber rattling brooding country on earth!

I wouldnt be suprised if our DOD is watching old GIJOE episodes for world domination ideas from Cobra Commander. . . .

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Cygnis

I suppose it really doesn't matter. The Canadians are the ones who you should all worry about, they lull your sense to sleep with their easy-going Canadian ways, and their soft "aye" at the end of each sentence, and their bacon will conquer it all.

It's damn terrifying, those creepy Canadians, and their secret snow bases way up north, full of Cheese, beer, and Bacon.

Curses! They're onto us...

*activates inuit numbers station and prepares war moose for battle*

War Moose... /snickers.

Sadly, I think you would just be able to run over most people. I'd venture to say most haven't ever seen a Moose, and wold just stand there, much like the first lady who died to the automobile, as she froze in the middle of the street as it ran her over.

ETA- Central banks should be on the list.

edit on C15440103 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Crazyewok, didn't you notice they only think of us as a 1%er - what a laugh - sweet innocents aren't they.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
i choose the United States for the reason that they seem to want to dominate the rest of the world and if they can't do that they will beat them into submission with either violence or sanctions....

truthfully however i feel that the greatest threat to humanity doesn't come from one particular government but from our central banking system and more accurately the larger corporate agenda.... i don't feel comfortable blaming one country for the worlds woes..

all of us are equally responsible for allowing ourselves to be conned into accepting the way things are..

in the end it's our Apathy that will destroy us not any one government....

edit on 9/4/2015 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Any other answer than the US is moronic, no other country in history has attacked so many sovereign countries in a 60 year period. .

HEY

Come on!

Your forgetting Britain!

We have basicaly invaded or gone to war with every country except 22!.

USA is still a long way off our track record! Hell they are only on there first Afganisatn war! amatures.

Lol wok, you guys did used to get down on some "colonisation" to bring "modern order and reason" to some "heathens".

But you Brits aren't even close to being bad by historical standards.

I mean you guys did try, hard in fact.

But the Spanish purged all central america if its entire culture, the Nazis tried to kill ALL the Jews and almost succeeded, Stalin and Mao did kill all opposition, including their friends and families down to the last baby.

Sorry man but you guys were amateurs at best.

Even my country america is trying but failing badly at being the biggest douche ever.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If you want to be realistic, the biggest threat to humanity is USA, not because of its army or ambitions, but for their decaying infrastructure and the most number of nuclear reactors, followed by France and Russia.

An accident is what will kill us all, not war

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I feel the sentiments exactly, but it probably was inevitable with the firepower the USA has. It had to be only a matter of time when decent hearted people got stealthily taken over by those predators who have deliberately interfered with our laws in order to protect their minority backsides, which destroyed democracy because the majority have been legally silenced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join