It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thanks for letting us know SO. I personally see it fine now.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Hahaha. Who picked Poland? We are the biggest threat, yeah, but for OURSELVES.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, the poll is interesting with america the threat by the looks of it. So much trouble around the world at the moment. That mean any if the major powers are a threat to mankind.

What a messed up, horrible place we live in

When leaders and governments are more primitive in thinking than we are, then that's a huge worry

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is ATS, so that the US would top the list is not surprising. It's a socially popular position now and I'd be surprised if the vote went any other way.

I think that a better poll might be one that asks which religious or political ideologies pose the greatest risk.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of people here hate the US. I wonder if that's a reflection on dissatisfaction with the current government or if people really think they're a contributing member to the worst nation on earth? If it's the latter I wonder why people stay in the country, shouldn't they leave and oppose it? That would make ISIS the good guys in this fight.

Anyways, I voted North Korea but really I could see it being Mexico too. The situation with the cartels is getting worse by the day, and eventually there is going to be a massive war they're involved in. They're just the types that could buy and would use WMD's as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: dreamingawake

Hahaha. Who picked Poland? We are the biggest threat, yeah, but for OURSELVES.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Wow, a lot of people here hate the US.

Why is it "hate" to give an opinion? Secondly, the membership is 60% North American. A lot of Americans think the same.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If it's the latter I wonder why people stay in the country, shouldn't they leave and oppose it?

Expatriation is a pipe dream for MANY MANY people.

Other countries have laws, however, that require specific levels of education (based on the country's needs), savings (enough to live on for 6 months), sponsorship (by a citizen or business), etc. before one is accepted for immigration there. PLUS it costs money.

We are stuck in a debt-based society that there is no escape from for most people.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I find it sad that people either assume the USA tops the list either because its "fashionable" or that people "hate" the country.

No one seems to want to discuss the perception and why its there properly.
edit on 9/4/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think that a better poll might be one that asks which religious or political ideologies pose the greatest risk.

Brilliant!

Yeah, that.

It's not "one country" we need to focus on, it's the ideologies of whole areas/cultures/mindsets. There are regions of the US that I would point to, and what about "The Middle East", or "Africa" as a whole?

It's the people that scare me, not the countries per se.

My second choice was China+North Korea, but Israel is my vote. They are hell-bent on kicking the hornet's nest and Netanyahu is a murderous, tyrannical, obsessed, delusional psychopath. In my professional opinion, and yes, I'm qualified to make that diagnosis.

edit on 4/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Why is it "hate" to give an opinion? Secondly, the membership is 60% North American. A lot of Americans think the same.

Maybe not hate, but self loathing. If you see your nation as the biggest threat to the world shouldn't you do something about it rather than sit there, work, and pay taxes?

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Other countries have laws, however, that require specific levels of education (based on the country's needs), savings (enough to live on for 6 months), sponsorship (by a citizen or business), etc. before one is accepted for immigration there. PLUS it costs money.

We are stuck in a debt-based society that there is no escape from for most people.

Problems like this if accurate run deep, far deeper than a single administration and they aren't changed by voting. If people feel this way and they don't wish to leave for another country, there is one solution... random acts of terrorism against government officials. Yet no one is doing it. Perhaps people don't really believe what they're saying?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I seem to remember we had this discussion a few weeks back that the US was voted the no 1 threat to humanity. You done your best to try and tell me the results were wrong and even lied about the break up of a company calling them biased. Now here you are again trying to say this poll is slanted. Can you see a pattern yet?

The fact you made this statement to SO

But congratulations this poll was engineered to vilify one country and you successfully did it.

Shows that you really haven't a clue about what is going on around ATS. No offense to SO but I think he would have rather had Russia at the top of the list. Then you accuse a mod of being biased because you dont like their opinion. But then again anyone that disagrees with you is a shill right?
The number speaks for itself, you might not think the US is the no1 threat but the majority around here do.

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I thought the poll might have been a bit closer but damn that is some result. People obviously aren't so blind to the US government's interference and atrocious foreign policy which is a threat.
edit on 9-4-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
The U.S. learned not to use Nukes anymore.Which is why we have a far better military now.

Hmmmm...I gotta go with no to that one.

The Japanese (who we nuked) learned Nuclear Weapons were bad...hell they learned war was bad and went pacifist.

The USA?..we learned we could win a war with Nukes and went ahead and stockpiled the largest Nuclear Arsenal on the planet.

And as a sidenote: The biggest Nuclear threat is NOT a Nation (who by definition have a fixed geography for retaliation), but individual terrorist actors when it comes to nukes.

And frankly...it gets easier everyday.

David Hahn age 17
en.wikipedia.org...

Taylor Wilson age 14
www.ted.com...

Jamie Edwards age 13
www.cnet.com...

Conrad Farnsworth 18
journalstar.com... tml

And others...ALL built Nuclear Fusion reactors in their garage, basement etc...

Hell...we sanction Iran for the same "gateway" technology that teens are now building in their parents basements.

With the proper materials any one of these kids could whip you up a nuclear weapon just as easily.

edit on 9-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Maybe not hate, but self loathing. If you see your nation as the biggest threat to the world shouldn't you do something about it rather than sit there, work, and pay taxes?

Self loathing because they can see what their government is doing? They don't stick their heads in the sand and wrap the rest of themselves in the flag. They are honest. Should be commended, not insulted.

What else can they do? The gov't, MIC and the media are powerful.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Problems like this if accurate run deep, far deeper than a single administration and they aren't changed by voting. If people feel this way and they don't wish to leave for another country, there is one solution... random acts of terrorism against government officials. Yet no one is doing it. Perhaps people don't really believe what they're saying?

LOL you're condoning acts of terrorism to justify feelings of dissatisfaction with the government? Yeah why not get railroaded in court for committing an act that will not likely change anything except confirm in the governments eyes we're dangerous and need to be controlled.

And FYI no I don't work or pay taxes and never intend to.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Self loathing because they can see what their government is doing? They don't stick their heads in the sand and wrap the rest of themselves in the flag. They are honest. Should be commended, not insulted.

What else can they do? The gov't, MIC and the media are powerful.

Act against it? That's what the second amendment is supposed to be for. Additionally lone wolves that have no support network are by far the hardest (nearly impossible actually) to defend against.

That people aren't doing this says to me that the US isn't nearly as bad as people here are claiming. Instead it's more a vote about people not being happy with the people currently government rather than any specific actions.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

As I looked at the list, I found it difficult to look at any one choice as my mind kept going to how these countries interact with each other.

In the end I can't see one country being the trigger. I think it's much larger than that and any power grab will involve many countries working together, due to a shared ideology. What country we are in does not define us as much as what religious or ideological views we subscribe too.

What worries me are things like the relationship between say Pakistan, India, China and Russia. The final trigger if it ever comes may well be something not even on our radar's at the moment.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My second choice was China+North Korea, but Israel as my vote. They are hell-bent on kicking the hornet's nest and Netanyahu is a murderous, tyrannical, obsessed, delusional psychopath. In my professional opinion, and yes, I'm qualified to make that diagnosis.
Israel was my second choice and I voted US.
I only voted US because I think the 'authorities' there seem to love a good war and on top of that treats it's own citizens pretty badly so I would imagine they think nothing of non-US people.

Disproportionate killings by law enforcement
#ty healthcare for poor people
Death penalty
GM crops
Forced vaccinations
Gulf war
Libya
Afghanistan
# TV...

...I've nothing against any decent person in any country, but if worried for humanity and considering the governments of the world who pose the biggest potential threat to the rest of us, I believe it to be the known and unknown executive bodies of the US.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
LOL you're condoning acts of terrorism to justify feelings of dissatisfaction with the government? Yeah why not get railroaded in court for committing an act that will not likely change anything except confirm in the governments eyes we're dangerous and need to be controlled.

And FYI no I don't work or pay taxes and never intend to.

I'm not condoning acts of terrorism, I'm not one of the people that said they're the greatest threat on the planet. I'm asking the people who believe that, who live in the US why they aren't fighting against it if that's what they believe. Not fighting something (and I don't mean politically... if it's truly reached that point, the time for politics is over) makes you guilty by association. Like Bush used to say, you're either with us or your against us. Standing by idly while the government does as it pleases puts you in the with them category.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join