It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which changes would you make to the constitution?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Aazadan

You are showing a limited understanding of the constitution by only referring to the Bill of Rights. Myself I would strengthen section 3 article 3 Treason remove the two witness requirement and add lending comfort to the enemy ( by giving financial support or supporting anyone that is actively involved against us.

No, I fully understand it. I was simply referring to just amendments, you'll notice I did list all of them.

I think that redefining treason is largely irrelevant because we've created numerous charges that are essentially treason at a lower requirement. Ultimately the name of something doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

By just paying attention to the amendments is selling the document very short. it is also supposed to be a blueprint for government. Not just about an individual's rights.

If you want to have a thread on this expand your topic to include the entire Constitution. If you want to put any erstwhile thought into fixing the current situation here you go..........

The Articles (7)

Article I (1) The Legislative Branch
A long part with 10 sections, creates the Congress to make laws, divides Congress into a Senate and House of Representatives, makes rules for election of members, gives some powers to Congress, limits other powers

Article II (2) The Executive Branch
Sets up the presidency and vice presidency to carry out or execute the laws, election rules, powers of the president, how to impeach

Article III (3) The Judicial Branch
Sets up the Supreme Court, duties and powers of Supreme Court and federal courts, power of judicial review, defines treason

Article IV (4) The States
Creates rules for states to get along with other states, guarantees to states, admitting states to the Union

Article V (5) Making Amendments
How to add amendments to the Constitution

Article VI (6) Supreme Law of the Land
The Constitution is the highest law of the land

Article VII (7) Ratification
The Constitution became effective when 9 out of 13 states approved it

Or better yet let's get somebody in there that will enforce it.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join