It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of the 2015 ATS Presidential Straw Poll

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Jesus. Makes me wander why I hang out on ATS, i sure don't fit in with these ideals.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
A very close second, and on occasion running in the lead, was the "Any random person other than those listed here" option with 22.77% of the votes.

That sure says a lot about the situation we find ourselves in doesn't it???

I would think it says something more about the people that voted that way than it does about our current situation--these people are so disillusioned that they would vote for some random person than someone we know plenty of things about. This is American apathy at its finest. I bet in four more years, that option takes the top spot, as I see this disease of apathy spreading, not retreating.

It's sad to watch, and is an ingredient that leads to your comment about how the US is a sad imitation of itself.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You don't really come to ATS to fit in, do you?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I would think it says something more about the people that voted that way than it does about our current situation--these people are so disillusioned that they would vote for some random person than someone we know plenty of things about. This is American apathy at its finest. I bet in four more years, that option takes the top spot, as I see this disease of apathy spreading, not retreating.

It's sad to watch, and is an ingredient that leads to your comment about how the US is a sad imitation of itself.

I see it as everyone is so disappointed in the lousy choices that are available that they are willing to vote for a stranger than what is being provided as a choice.

If it was apathy then I would expect to see randomly chosen votes across the board. Here we have a choice being made that says from what is available Rand Paul will do but only he is slightly better than any random person off the street. While the other choices are so bad that people would rather take their chance at a random stranger to to a better job.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Nope just for the Pizza.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hillary got votes?!?!?
OOOOOOOOO-K then.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Wow, that's amazing, it was looking like any random person
was going to win hands down when I took the vote.

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I didnt vote seeing as I wont have a vote in 2016.

But can see why Rand did better internationaly.

I for one want a strong but tame USA.

I want the US to remain the superpower with a strong economy but dont want you guys running round the world like rabid dogs bombing anything that is brown and moves, especialy as the UK more often than not gets dragged in.

Democrats seem to spend happy and unsafe with debt and most republican to us seem like religious nut cases like Cruz or rabid bomb happy nut cases like McCain or the Bushes.

Whever or not Rand could strike that Balance I dont know.
But its better than a clinton, Bush or a bible basher.

Not sure how cruz is a "religious nutcase". It seems you have a problem labeling people as "religious nutcases" in the UK, considering the head cutting that goes on there.....

Simply mentioning religion makes one a "nutcase"? I don't necessarily want Cruz to win, but dismissing someone because they mention religion seems pretty ignorant. In all honesty though politics/government in the UK may be a lot more foreign to us than most other things, I mean you guys don't even have free speech...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

I think it has more to do with Cruz actually being a Religious Nutcase. He's done more than just mention Religion. Although even Ted comes off as normal when compared to his Father and some of his Religious Rants he's given.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Why vote for the lesser of two evils?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Rand Paul needs to be elected. It's really the only hope we have for sanity in 2016. But there are others I'd consider, specifically Gary Johnson, Ben Carson, Alen West, Ted Cruz and possibly Donald Trump or Condoleezza Rice. I also heard Ventura is semi-serious, but I don't think he'd get anywhere with his recent lawsuit. The media would bury him.

What we don't need is another Bush or Clinton. And I honestly don't understand the percentage that would vote either. We're not a monarchy, we don't need a dynasty ruling over us. Enough with the Clintons and honestly, after the stupidity that was Bush Jr., who would even consider Jeb?

The problem is the Republican party, Conservatives in general, would rather lose to Democrats than actually nominate a Libertarian. The GOP would rather hand the election to Hilary than see Rand Paul as their candidate. And that's a real shame. What needs to be understand is that the political infighting within the party is self-destructive. It will only harm us in the end.

Democrats are going to shove this anti-woman agenda down our throats in 2016. And just like you're racist when you question dear leader, you're going to be labeled sexist when you question Hilary. That needs to be put to bed before it even starts and the ace up the sleeve is Condoleezza Rice, though I doubt she's even considering running.

To be honest, I'd rather see a military elected, but neither party seems to have that caliber of candidate available. That's a real shame, we need some leadership in the oval office, not career politicians.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbZu131313
Why vote for the lesser of two evils?

I like your viewpoint. Cthulu for president, lets vote for the greater evil.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
Ted Cruz 2nd? I thought the goal of this site is to deny ignorance. This guy is so anti science its ridiculous.

How is he "so anti-science"? Because he doesn't subscribe whole heartedly to the global warming thing?

again, that one thing makes them completely anti-science?

Seems like the Only thing people can do is regurgitate talking points… Dot

Maybe you guys are anti-critical thinking

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What says more about things that we have some genuinely really good candidates and people are too damn stupid to actually see it

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: pyramid head

I think it has more to do with Cruz actually being a Religious Nutcase. He's done more than just mention Religion. Although even Ted comes off as normal when compared to his Father and some of his Religious Rants he's given.

Okay then what makes him religious nut case examples please!

And not hyperbole and all that crap. I'm talking hard facts

Because the issue was when Obama was getting elected the people thought that he might be Muslim ....The line was religion doesn't matter...

such hypocrites it's unbelievable

Just proves that all this talk about tolerance and diversity and freedom of belief system that the left talk about doesn't apply if you're christian

You guys are so damn scared of anyone that might be a Christian all the while you call other people racist for being concerned about Muslims extremist who are cutting peoples heads off and murdering women and children

You'll cry foul about bigotry when it comes to gays and lesbians …… But you're the first one to ask for peoples heads on a platter if they happen to be Christian....because apparently that brand of bigotry is ok

Stop w the hypocritical bs

Makes me sick
edit on 4/10/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/10/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Okay then what makes him religious nut case examples please!

And not hyperbole and all that crap. I'm talking hard facts

Because the issue was when Obama was getting elected the people thought that he might be Muslim ....The line was religion doesn't matter...

such hypocrites it's unbelievable

Just proves that all this talk about tolerance and diversity and freedom of belief system that the left talk about doesn't apply if you're christian

You guys are so damn scared of anyone that might be a Christian all the while you call other people racist for being concerned about Muslims extremist who are cutting peoples heads off and murdering women and children

You'll cry foul about bigotry when it comes to gays and lesbians …… But you're the first one to ask for peoples heads on a platter if they happen to be Christian....because apparently that brand of bigotry is ok

Stop w the hypocritical bs

Makes me sick

Wow, really. So let me get this straight. This is the first time you and I will be talking to each other in this thread and already I'm a Hypocritical, Christian Hating, Bigot, who is Pro Muslim Terrorist and who makes you sick. All because I don't like Ted Cruz and claim that he's a Religious Nutjob. That's awesome!! Why wouldn't I want to jump right in for this discussion??

In fact, I had a bunch more written here but deleted it as I really don't feel like talking about this now. No offense or anything but I just don't think we're starting off on the right foot here and would rather pass on this opportunity if that's ok with you.

Simply stated I consider anyone running for office that can't keep their Religion separate from their politics is suspect to me as a Non-Religious person. So let's just keep it simple with that for now.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
Ted Cruz 2nd? I thought the goal of this site is to deny ignorance. This guy is so anti science its ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is despite what this poll shows, members here will vote for which party their posts show they identify with. No matter the candidate. They'll deny it of course, but we all know it

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well, here is his latest statements that should raise concern for some out there.

“You look at the jihad that is being waged right now in Indiana and Arkansas, going after people of faith who respect the biblical teaching that marriage is the union of one man and one woman,”

Gay Americans of waging “jihad” against Christians. Really Mr. Cruz, that isn't a bit over the top???

I'd like to add however that I don't have anything against people of faith, regardless of what faith they choose. I just don't support politics and faith being mixed for obvious reasons. Like I said before, when mixed it hurts both of them. I don't care if it's Christians or some other Faith either. If you think I want Muslims in there instead your out of your mind. No zen Buddhists or Mormons either. Not that they can't serve in office, they most certainly can. But when serving the People you must serve the People and since not all people are of your faith you must put one on hold to some degree to do your job. That's all I'm saying.

Hopefully that clears things up more now and we can call off the dogs and have a conversation with cool calm heads.

edit on 11-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Wooooaaaaaahhhhhh there!!!

Did I get that right? He's saying that Democrat support for gay marriage is a 'jihad' against Republican Christian values??

Bit of an exaggeration there!

What a drama queen.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Pretty much, ya. I'm not sure if it's the Democrats who support Gay Marriage or the Gay people themselves or both who he thinks are waging "The Rainbow Jihad" against Christians, but whoever it is I also thought that wasn't exactly very accurate way of putting it. In fact from what I can tell there isn't any evidence at all of a Gay Jihad, whatever that might mean and it's certainly not happening within the US borders.

If you want to hear some really good stuff though you should check out some of the stuff his Dad goes off about during his Political Sermons. It makes Teddy boy seem like a glass of milk next to a bottle of hot whiskey. So even though Ted does try and tone it down a bit I have no doubt that some of had to rub off on him over the years, he's just trying to hide it the best he can from the media. Which he's not exactly too good at as you can see.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join