It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exec order, donate to Snowden defense, have your property confiscated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

What has Russia got to do with it ?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

Snowden again, you people are being fooled by wag the dog tactics.

Here's a 60 minutes excerpt from the year 2000. (13 years before Snowden)Only the dimmest of fools could not understand what was going on after this aired.

What everyone should truly be asking theirselves is why did they wag the dog and what is the US/the US media/the Russians and the Russian media actually up to?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

I'd go so far as to say that Snowden is far less of a criminal than those currently in office. I wouldn't say he's a hero, but letting the world know about what the Government is really doing was a good thing if you ask me.

The current Government has done far more to hurt, cheat, and screw over the American people for their own benefit or that of their masters in the last 2 terms than Snowden ever will.

The real criminals are the ones changing laws on the fly to suit their needs and wants.

It's utterly disgusting how the crap those in power pull off just gets swept under the rug with little to nothing said about it and it's so quickly forgotten, yet when Joe Blow common guy does wrong they are pursued to no end.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
He blew open the story about America spying on innocent people that were not being suspect of anything....hell, America was spying on its allies! How ANYONE wasn't angered by this governments stripping us of every right our forefathers sacrificed for. How every story of Snowden has just become a no-no subject by the media, tells you straight up that had better be afraid of our government. Transparency?!? Where. All the signs are there, tyranny is the norm. It continues to degrade month by month. NO ONE has had to answer for what Snowden has uncovered. WHY? When exposing illegal behavior gets you jail time.....
Anyway, I personally feel the weight of the outcome of Snowden and all he has uncovered is pivotal.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Its about time we all get a little treason-ous if you ask me.

liberty must periodicaly be refreshed by the blood of patriots.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You guys crack me up. I posted a video from 2000 were the same things were exposed yet you keep on flapping your gums exactly where the MSM want's you to completely engulfed in the subject they selected.

Deny iignorance my ass.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Funny how oblamea approves of one kind of whistle blowing and attempts to threaten other whistle blowers.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Snowden again, you people are being fooled by wag the dog tactics.

Here's a 60 minutes excerpt from the year 2000. (13 years before Snowden)Only the dimmest of fools could not understand what was going on after this aired.

What everyone should truly be asking theirselves is why did they wag the dog and what is the US/the US media/the Russians and the Russian media actually up to?

There goes all of his followers claims that he blew anything wide open, informed any person of anything new, or did anything special that wasn't done before he ever even got a job. He did end up in Russia though and was probably keeping his comrade handlers up to date on the latest capabilities.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Thank you for the reply.

I have posted this message over and over for two years. You're the first reply I've ever received, so if you don't mind I have always wanted to make two points.

The first point you already made for me, Snowden didn't do anything that hasn't already been done years before him.

The second point is a question. Now that it has been established that Snowden isn't actually a whistleblower, what the hell do you think the Russians and US are up to?

Because I sincerely doubt they missed this report by 60 minutes in 2000. Lol

My second point is where the actual conspiracy lies. By the lack of replies to that my position I am very short on theories as to why he is being touted as a national hero in both countries

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Either this is an assault on free speech, or citizens united is a mockery of "free speech".

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Well yeah... by our laws (cough) Snowden has committed crimes, though I consider it whistle blowing. If you give money to a criminal (Snowden doesn't deny what he did) then you are aiding and abetting a criminal which is also a crime.
People have been contributing to Mumia Abu-Jamal's defense for years. Are they considered accomplices?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Thank you for the reply.

I have posted this message over and over for two years. You're the first reply I've ever received, so if you don't mind I have always wanted to make two points.

The first point you already made for me, Snowden didn't do anything that hasn't already been done years before him.

The second point is a question. Now that it has been established that Snowden isn't actually a whistleblower, what the hell do you think the Russians and US are up to?

Because I sincerely doubt they missed this report by 60 minutes in 2000. Lol

My second point is where the actual conspiracy lies. By the lack of replies to that my position I am very short on theories as to why he is being touted as a national hero in both countries

Simplest answer.
He really is a Russian hero to them.

While the public and the world always knew of NSA, the Russians would want to know the classified ways and keep track of our methods and progress.
You cannot avoid or beat a system unless you know the nuts and bolts.

Snowden was likely just one of many recruited to work for the Russians. They pulled him and used it as reverse propaganda, creating dissent in their adversaries nation and obviously the public uproar caused funding troubles and whatnot. The actual stuff he released was useless to anyone except the media for hit pieces against the West. His usefulness to the Russians in that regard is not over, and Putin also loves trophies especially ones that are portrayed to make him look like the savior.

It could be even simpler than that. The Russians may not have even been after intel.
Snowden could be just a plain old ordinary attack on US intelligence. He was insignificant, just some mixed up young idealist that was easy for foreign agents to identify and recruit. The plan was probably hatched then they went looking for their stooge, Snowden fit the bill. This is old Cold War espionage stuff, people like Snowden are just pawns. They think they are doing one thing when really their handlers purpose is something entirely different.
edit on 9-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
But I can still donate money to Bowe Bergdahl with no problem right?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
He is a wanted fugitive so naturally giving him money would be aiding and abetting a fugitive.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
But I can still donate money to Bowe Bergdahl with no problem right?

Exactly!!!

What a croc of [explitive deleted]!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Somebody needs to take all of the executive orders this whack off has written and print them on toilet paper. I would personally enjoy wiping my butt with his mandates.

Obama is the worst president ever, until the next, regardless of party.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IpoopThere4IAM
When the government fears its' people, it's democracy.
When the people fear their government, it's tyranny.

This is tyranny.

This is not nor was it ever intended to be a Democracy. This is a republic.......BIG DIFFERENCE. Sorry but it is frustration that people think we are supposed to be a Democracy.

Individual rights vs the rights of the majority............This is the simple reason we are falling apart.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Only in America could people find this a reasonable situation, and not the totally farcical hypocrisy, probably illegal hypocrisy too.

America...the land that brings freedom, justice and due process to the world eh?

EVERY defendant has an inalienable RIGHT to a fair trial, to be heard and judged by his or her peers, everyone has the presumption of innocence and must be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law...another basic, inalienable RIGHT, and necessary for the above to happen..everyone has the RIGHT to council...to an arbiter...everyone accused has the absolute RIGHT to an effective defence in court.

To make it illegal to help provide that right to council, to an adequate defence is ILLEGAL in itself.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

edit on 9-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I am not a fan of Snowden at all and wouldn't donate to his defense.

That said this executive order is bull...

Anyone that supports this must think giving up liberty for security is a good idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join