It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you Read my mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does anybody but me get the feeling that your family members are reading your mind? My brother keeps starting conversations that are very much in touch with my thoughts. Please reply before I go insane.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Not only your brother... but some people from the other side of the world, too.

Nothing unusual about this, definately paranormal, but you have nothing to worry about. In this case the most sensible handling is required, weak minded humans do really get crazy though. Why don't you take some rest? All that dancing could really make you tired...!

Think about that.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's very common for people who are close to us to pick up on
our thoughts pretty easily.
Me and my sisters are like that. Wordless communication goes
on with us quite often. We just know what each other is thinking
alot of the time.
It drives me crazy though, when my sister shows up at my house
dressed in nearly the same outfit I'm wearing that day. lol.
She does that alot. I think it's because she's picking up on my
thoughts about my wardrobe selection.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I always thought of it like this:

You and youre family share a similar environment.

Tests (Klinger) have shown that 2/3 of a persons thoughts relate to his or her current environment.

So you could reason that about 2/3 of your brothers (or any close family member, for that matter) and your thoughts are similar. Not necessarily the same, but alike enough to seem strange when one or the other brings up what is on his/her mind.

I dont think its paranormal at all, I just think its how the mind works.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Don't you hate when that happens!

But for real, one of my brothers and I have that connection mentioned above: going somewhere and we're dressed alike.

What's a bit more funny: after not seeing each other for 2.5 yrs
- we had almost identical type wallets with contents in similar places
- almost identical type of sun glasses

Here's another one: our two eldest children were born 4 days apart and our two youngest were each a year and half later and born 7 days apart.

We've discussed this topic and came up with this: ideas must become some tangible thing- it becomes a 'real' thing. Sort of like a wish, hence the saying be carefull of what you wish for.

I cannot read your mind but your probably getting a good laugh out of this.
Tuataras Third Eye

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No, I can't read your mind.
But, I also have had this 'I am thinking of something and the person I know says/does it thing.' It's certainly weird.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What if a transmitter could be implanted somewhere in the skull for the purpose of picking up and broadcasting the sound caused by your vocal chords when you think words. Next time you find your "inside voice" sounding out words see if you can feel your vocal chords......very slight but very measurable with the right equipment......Could that be "telepathy?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My take on the subject is brains generally work 'the same'. That's why psycologists can understand how and why people react in situations. When certain stimuli (the environment) occur, people may think the same thought while one of them may voice it - it seems they read your mind. Anyway, that's my 1.3 cents.

Eg - the old example - repeat the number 6 over out loud for about 20 times. What's 2 x 3? Think about 6. Now, what's the first vegetable that comes into your head? I'll tell you in the next post...

- Nazgarn

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ok I have to add in some words because one word cannot please the automated checker in replies. Ok, did you think carrot?

- Nazgarn

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

My take on the subject is brains generally work 'the same'. That's why psycologists can understand how and why people react in situations. When certain stimuli (the environment) occur, people may think the same thought while one of them may voice it - it seems they read your mind. Anyway, that's my 1.3 cents.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. People are generally motivated to seek the same form of reinforcement over a prolonged period of time. Events that occur in the environment (whether those events be natural or an effect of human intervention) are always interpreted through a particular cognitive style.

This style is also called a "mental set" or "schema". We all have them and they are mostly normal & healthy. The world is basically perceived as a stream of information via the visual, auditory, tactile, gustatory, and olefactory sub-streams. Much of what is called the "unconscious" is devoted to this form of processing. The prediction of behavior based on stimuli from this realm is fairly reliable and valid.

In essence, Nazgarn, your hypothesis that brains work the same is supported by extensive psychological research.

The best part happens when we turn our attention to higher levels of processing. Perhaps thoughts and meta-thoughts? Thoughts are our mental statements to ourselves; Meta-thoughts are our own subjective evaluation of our thoughts. The only way to predict someone's thoughts at this level is to be VERY aware of their past thought patterns.

From a genetic standpoint, meta-thoughts are a unique expression. Therefore we have less accuracy in predicting them-- unless a mental autopsy is performed. This requires direct exposure to the individual. Through such a technique, behavior is elicited and recorded (in some fashion). Even after this technique is performed, there is generally an 80% success rate. The prediction is less accurate.

"Reading minds" is an example of successfully predicting thought patterns. If you are exposed to an individual for a prolonged period of time (or conduct a clinicial assessment on them), you develop a general expectation about their behavior. You've watched them and listened to them long enough to expect how they'll act and speak in certain situations.

From an entirely different standpoint, anomalistic psychology (i.e. cognitive-physical phenomena such as telekinesis, precognition, "psychic abilities", "magickal manipulation") also demonstrates that many of us have cognitive skills that lay dormant. In order to activate these cognitive skills, we must begin to use them and apply them to the environment. They are seen as things which aid our problem solving. Reading minds would certainly be an excellent way to promote problem resolution!

I'm ready to field questions about any of the above- I'm not sure that I am writing very clearly tonight

Eg - the old example - repeat the number 6 over out loud for about 20 times. What's 2 x 3? Think about 6. Now, what's the first vegetable that comes into your head? I'll tell you in the next post...

An easier example: Don't think about pink elephants.

Regards
MK

[edit on 21-12-2004 by MKULTRA]

[edit on 21-12-2004 by MKULTRA]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
[edit on 21-12-2004 by Khali]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
What if a transmitter could be implanted somewhere in the skull for the purpose of picking up and broadcasting the sound caused by your vocal chords when you think words. Next time you find your "inside voice" sounding out words see if you can feel your vocal chords......very slight but very measurable with the right equipment......Could that be "telepathy?

What if that transmitter is just too smart to tell you anything about that?

Anyway, telepathy exists only under a certain range, it works like a radio. You won't be able to listen to Japanese broadcasts with a pocket radio. But with the assistance of a high range network... you will.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

What if that transmitter is just too smart to tell you anything about that?

I don't understand what you mean by "too smart". The purpose would be to tell not the implanted but the implantee.....maybe you could elaborate on your statement....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I don't understand what you mean by "too smart". The purpose would be to tell not the implanted but the implantee.....maybe you could elaborate on your statement....

You understood my last post.

top topics

join