It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Cops Used ‘Stingray’ Spy Tool 46 Times Without Warrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Do we really live in a world where the rule of law is applied only when it's convenient. How can the law be just if it doesn't correct those who are serving the law to others it holds accountable?

In my opinion, law and justice at one time meant something, and people in general could trust the justice system. But the more and more things like this become common knowledge, the more it appears as if there is a rogue element that operates without restraint and no oversight, above the law.

The good guy is really the bad guy that wants you to believe he's working for your interests, when in reality he's watching you, setting you up, growing in strength. Hoping that by the time we realize this, all its efforts and mechanisms for control are in place to suppress and oppress if necessary, the people who oppose it.

IMO, the veil is lifting, and the true nature of our system is complete control and dominance. Hopefully this won't translate into open control, no longer covert or overt, but operating freely, in the open, using its vast array of tools to demand obedience and servitude.

Source

The reason why may be because of what the records show: that cops in that county, which includes the city of Buffalo, used the devices 47 times since 2010 but only once sought and obtained a court order to do so. That revelation contradicts what the county sheriff said last year when he asserted that the department only used the devices under “judicial review.”

If we keep going this direction and the veil keeps lifting to reveal the underbelly of our society, we may one day wake up to a police state, visible and operating with total control and knowledge of everyone and everything we do.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
When exactly do you think you could trust the justice system any more or less than you can now? The tools are different, the system has changed, but the game is the same as it has always been.

For every good cop, there has always been a bad one. For every good judge, there has always been a bad one. There has always, always been corruption and unfairness and mistreatment.

The only difference between now and Roman times is they didn't have the Internet, cell phone cameras, etc.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
When exactly do you think you could trust the justice system any more or less than you can now? The tools are different, the system has changed, but the game is the same as it has always been.

For every good cop, there has always been a bad one. For every good judge, there has always been a bad one. There has always, always been corruption and unfairness and mistreatment.

The only difference between now and Roman times is they didn't have the Internet, cell phone cameras, etc.

Your brought up "Roman" times!

I wish more people would study history to truly understand what you are trying to say!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not today for sure. However, with information at the speed of a button, it no longer takes weeks or years for stories to circulate or be forgotten, but seconds.

I guess I'll rephrase that. Perhaps the justice system has always been this corrupt, however speaking, compared to today, you can't fart without someone smelling it.

edit on 8-4-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Now that I can agree with. And I think that is the difference: things are brought to light much easier and much faster than they were even 50, 75 years ago.

But it's the exact same crap that's been going on since the first village had night watchmen.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
All this means is that those who feel like they're above the law will have more to worry over when committing crimes. Myself, I work, I pay taxes and I don't bother my neighbors - let the man spy on me - he'll get bored eventually.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
But it's the exact same crap that's been going on since the first village had night watchmen.

People make me sad sometimes. Including myself. It's so easy to become slack. Some of these guys make it an art form, though.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Cops do vile illegal # daily. It's like someone told them to do what they want. Now, you have to ask yourself why? I see a bleak future where life is cheap.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I see a bleak future where life is cheap.

Too late. Way, way too late.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

When exactly do you think you could trust the justice system any more or less than you can now?

When there were less laws and less LEOs. That's when.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Cops do vile illegal # daily. It's like someone told them to do what they want. Now, you have to ask yourself why? I see a bleak future where life is cheap.

I see a bleak future where, in a constitutional republic, the actual constitution is used as a urinal target daily.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Do you use that a justification of some kind? It's false. The night watchman answered to natural law and didn't have corrupt prosecutors, corrupt judges and mass propaganda by the government as back up. They relied on consent of the "watched". That way, the night watchmen don't turn into monsters. Your comments are transparent and designed to encourage people to switch off critical thinking.

Here's a tip folks that are awake.

When an agent of the state that relies on the state for their paycheck makes lame excuses for the abuse of authority don't accept it. It's really that simple.

If these words make sense to you, star it before the tenders get hurt and it's removed.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Eh...no. Save your rant for something else. I wasn't justifying anything. How you got any sense of justification out of me stating that systemic corruption is not a new thing is incomprehensible. Can you quote me the part where I said its all good, no big deal, don't worry about it?

Nah, can't. All you can do is quote the parts where I said nothing today is a new thing. I know you hate cops and can't seem to understand that I can recognize faults in the system without supporting those faults, but try it some time.

As for being able to trust the system when there was less cops and less laws? Nice try bub. There was still corruption. Always has been. Always.

Oaths and such

new topics

top topics

join