It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Is Trying To Gut The Clean Air Act And Repeal All Climate Regulation:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

ust a few days before Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) became the first official candidate for president in the 2016 election, he introduced a bill which, if enacted, would repeal all federal climate change regulation in the United States.
The American Energy Renaissance Act, also sponsored in the House by Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK), seeks to prevent the federal government from regulating greenhouse gas emissions through any of its executive agencies, particularly the Environmental Protection Agency. It would do so by expressly forbidding any efforts to fight climate change under five laws — The Clean Air Act, The Federal Water Pollution Control Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, The Endangered Species Act, and The Solid Waste Disposal Act.
Additionally, if the bill became law, the government would not be able to use the Clean Air Act to regulate carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, or sulfur hexafluoride. All current attempts to regulate carbon pollution by the EPA would be repealed. That includes controversial proposed rules to limit carbon pollution from new and existing power plants, but also seemingly includes highly successful and relatively uncontroversial measures like fuel economy standards for cars.
thinkprogress.org...

Get rid of the EPA wow!..you know there used to be a time when conservative were actually for the environment see Richard Melhous Nixon ferchrisakes you don't get much more conservative than that.

Add to the fact that I really dislike that smug prick.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I don't see this making it past ole barry but sad it is getting brought up.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Add to the fact that I really dislike that smug prick.

That face has incompetency written all over it.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The EPA is no longer a legal institution they are operating outside of Constitutional law. Obama's old professor Laurence Tribe, who Obama called a mentor, is so concerned about EPA over stepping their boundaries that he is backing Peabody Energy to protect them from a runaway EPA. Laurence Tribe is one of a handful of hardcore Liberals that still respects the Constitution. Check out the Youtube clip.

www.youtube.com...

thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Ted's in pandering mode. He knows this legislation won't pass but is pushing it through to make his base happy.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
The EPA is no longer a legal institution they are operating outside of Constitutional law. Obama's old professor Laurence Tribe, who Obama called a mentor, is so concerned about EPA over stepping their boundaries that he is backing Peabody Energy to protect them from a runaway EPA. Laurence Tribe is one of a handful of hardcore Liberals that still respects the Constitution. Check out the Youtube clip.

www.youtube.com...

thehill.com...

Maybe there is over stepping of the Constitution by the EPA I really donno..but I can't ignore the fact the vid on your link said that Tribe is and I quote

On retainer for Peabody Energy Corp
the largest coal-mining company in the world. Massey & Gail,
How do you spell CoNflicK oF InTerESt??

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The discussion he generates will expose the money scams connected with the EPA.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ted's in pandering mode. He knows this legislation won't pass but is pushing it through to make his base happy.

But why would his base be happy with something so insane!!..like I pointed out earlier, Conservatives used to be leaders in conservation and the environment.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Enochstask

www.youtube.com...

thehill.com...

Maybe there is over stepping of the Constitution by the EPA I really donno..but I can't ignore the fact the vid on your link said that Tribe is and I quote

On retainer for Peabody Energy Corp
the largest coal-mining company in the world. Massey & Gail,
How do you spell CoNflicK oF InTerESt??

Tribe is the Professor not the company. The point is the EPA is so far out of bounds that the Energy company has Obamas old Liberal professor representing them.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Ted Cruz when asked about his stance of climate change said he isn't a scientist and scientist don't make campaign contributions to him but energy companies do.

Wait... I may have misremembered his exact quote nevertheless all of the above is true.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Could you site a source where you got that quote from.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I want to see Cruz get rid of the EPA, NSA, IRS and Obamacare. I could probably add in a few more alphabet agencies that I would like to see go. We don't need our bloated Government or laws that make energy more expensive.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

you've got it right regarding pandering
but cruz is more likely wagging his tail for contributions from BIG MONEY
than from the base

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I wish that could happen.

Prices drop across the board, jobs are created, and people complaining that McDonald's should pay them 20 bucks an hour could shut up.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I want to see Cruz get rid of the EPA, NSA, IRS and Obamacare. I could probably add in a few more alphabet agencies that I would like to see go. We don't need our bloated Government or laws that make energy more expensive.

So get rid of the ability to fix infrastructure, fight fires and recover from natural disasters , prepare for a common defense etc..ok! check.
Get rid of the EPA and have your rivers and shores contaminated by carcinogens and fire comes out of your tap..ok check:
Get rid of Obama care so many affected by the above will be left to die on the streets all because YOU want to live in a world beyond the Thunder Dome, or Back To The Future,driving your crunker through a barren landscape armed with an m-60 and rocket launchers killing muties.

Pretty much like this^

Or This^

Instead of this.^ I choose this^
edit on 8-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
‘Tea Party’ protesters opposed to Florida land deal were mostly actors hired by Big Sugar
Scott Kaufman SCOTT KAUFMAN

e Palm Beach Post‘s Christine Stapleton reports that the “Tea Party” protesters outside of the South Florida Water Management District on Thursday were, by and large, actors hired by the Tea Party of Miami and U.S. Sugar.

The district is currently considering buying land owned by U.S. Sugar, which it would use for the treatment and storage of lake flood water. Environmentalist believe that using the land in this way will allow them to divert more water into the Everglades without harming coastal estuaries. The water would not only help replenish the Everglades, it would also provide an emergency reserve drinking supply for South Florida.

But U.S. Sugar wants to keep the land, arguing that as one of the area’s largest employers, it is in the district’s best interests not to exercise the $350 million buy-out option in its contract. Tea Party Miami:
www.rawstory.com...

The above could make a spin-off thread so if someone wants to pls run with it, the above goes into the mindset of who Cruz works for and Im sorry but the Teaparty whatever was it's original intent is now just a part of the corporatist arm of the conservatives...kilik the above.
edit on 9-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Ah yes get rid of Government regulation and give more power to private tyrannies, because we all know that private Corporations have the best interests of everyone in mind.

The type of tyranny that Libertarians support is way more evil than Government tyranny. Libertarians would rather give the power to private and unaccountable tyrannies.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
All the big government agencies are so far corrupted at this point they SHOULD all be gutted and rewritten anyway.

Say this happened, it certainly would not be the beginning for companies to just start burning giant piles of tires and polluting with wild abandon, not even. It would be a wake up for cleaning up all the rotten apples by throwing the whole barrel out and make new clean ones.

Current laws would still be enforced even with the agencies being restructured and reorganized.

But when you support those who are corrupt, then yeah, make it sound like the sky is falling.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
But why would his base be happy with something so insane!!..like I pointed out earlier, Conservatives used to be leaders in conservation and the environment.

It's not about not wanting to conserve the environment, it's about the overreach and comtempt that much of the executive branch and its agencies are showing the American taxpayer.

To buy into the rhetoric that all of those chemical compounds listed in the quote in your OP are a pollutant is a very large display of ignorance. Allowing the EPA such control over things like CO2 production (which, regardless of your stance on AGW, is a miniscule amount of the greenhouse gasses in our atmosphere) is a terrible idea.

I'm all for an agency controlling truly harmful things like ingredients of smog, or overseeing harmful chemical spills, but the fact is that the EPA (amongst other agencies) are a bit out of control right now and need to be reined in to an appropriate level. This legislation seems to do that.

Although, I can't lie--much like the IRS, I'd like to see the EPA abolishes and something new started from scratch to replace it that has many more limitations on it than the current agencies.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Hooray! More ignorant ramblings about what libertarians want...you know, because we're all the same.

The fact of reality is that people are better off having control of their own lives, not being controlled by the government. You're not a slave to any corporation if you choose not to be. Govenrment, on the other hand, can enact laws that do control you if you're a citizen, and there's nothing you can do about it.

You mistake free-market capitalism with crony-capitalism--the latter only exists because of its influence on (very) Big Government. Rid our lives of BG, and we're all better off, and a free-market system could actually exist.

Your rhetoric is pathetoric.

(for some reason, I say that last sentence in Tigger's voice)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join