It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Conservatives?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

In politics, perception always trumps reality.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: Entreri06

a reply to: STTesc

I think the GOP might split. After Obama won they went off the deep end. Not because he's black, because he's a dem who won by a landslide and looked like a Rockstar. .

Won by a landslide?

Define landslide.

First election... That's when all the craziness started. Not the Romney one.

You call winning by 2.9% a landslide?

*chuckles*

Okay.

I call winning the vast majority of the electoral votes a land slide. Obama was definatly celebrity status the first election. The shine wore off by the second and everyone realized he wasn't actually gonna change much, but by then the GOP had gone so far tea party that no normal "in the middle type" wanted to touch them.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Well there ya go. Mystery solved.

He who controls the spice, controls the etc.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Oh on the contrary.

I think Obama has changed much!

In fact, I'd say he fundamentally transformed America.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yeah, he actually made a positive difference in my life. A first for a politician.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Ask BlueMule, I was merely quoting from his/her (it's nowadays) post.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

WE reap what he sows with unilateral pen and phone

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

You know what the spice really is, doncha?

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

WE reap what he sows with unilateral pen and phone

We (speaking for America) got what we deserved.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

👣

No. (waiting for a response)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: STTesc

Nicely said and to the point.
I agree with everything you said. The conservative party really needs to get their act together. It's really poor judgement when the party leadership even allows Sarah Palin to speak at republican events. It only solidifies the label of incompetency for the party.

Pssst, in case you haven't been paying attention ... there is no Conservative Party. We have two parties - Republican and Democrat and they're really two sides of the same coin.

Also, I don't understand why you get so upset about Palin speaking. I see people like Sharpton speaking at plenty of Democrat events and no one seem to understand how that might signal that you have some issues. Then there was Cindy Sheehan ... Let's not forget Debbie Wasser"person" Schultz who's the head of the DNC and continues to put her foot in her mouth. Oh, yes, Howard Dean ... Sheila Jackson Lee ....

Do you really want to go there because it's not like one party has the lock on politicians who don't always say the smartest things or articulate the best.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Only? No. I avoid absolutes. There is no justice in absolutes.

But if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, I would chose the left. They provide the academic environment that enables the intrepid truth seeker to deny ignorance.

👣

I'm not really sure how. I've found plenty of academic enlightenment on my own without being roped into the lockstep thought policing incumbent upon the PC leftist philosophy of the day.

I'm an independent libertarian who happens to think that living in a socially conservative manner leads to the most fulfillment, and guess what? I have no trouble at all picking up any old book I choose or reading any website I want. You should try it. It's quite liberating to not have to worry what the thought police are going to think if they catch you reading the wrong thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

👣

No. (waiting for a response)

Live and learn.

realitysandwich.com...

And there we have an example of old school conservative religion being left behind by post-modern mystical scholarship. Unless you can point me to an evangelical GOP supporter who would condone the use of entheogens. That, I would like to see.

👣

edit on 215WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

" I also think for Republicans to have a shot, they're going to have to ditch the Christian doctrine/dogma they carry around. You can be fiscally conservative without being religious. "

Exactly . Conservatives All to Often Wear their Supposed " Faith " on their Sleeves . This is Often a Turn Off to Most Independent Voters like Myself .

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

No, conservatism is about leave me alone to make my own decisions in my own ways that work best for me.

The government is like a one size fits all t-shirt when it makes decisions. Always fits like crap. When I make the choices for myself, I can fully take into account my own situation and do what works best. In short, I can tailor the solution to fit both the problem and my life.

Liberals like to think that means I want to screw everyone else over and be greedy, but it really means that I want to actually take my family and budget under consideration before I commit funds to the project. You know, I might actually need a few extra bucks for health care or something that most of my neighbors don't need. Or maybe I have my own way of helping out. Instead of putting land off limits to all people, maybe I like to donate to Ducks Unlmited as a hunter, so in the end, habitat is preserved and species are conserved either way.

Sometimes, I think there are a lot of people who know they don't have the fortitude to commit on their own if they aren't forced by the government so they simply assume no one else would either and decide to force everyone else (and themselves) to do it via government so they can feel good about being all moral. We call these people leftists.

I'm a big girl who can do it all on my own without nanny state holding my hand and forcing me.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It's accepted, denial and views.

There is no brainwashing in public schools.

Wow, do you actually believe any of that or are you just typing out all the "trendiest" stereotypes you can think of?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh yeah? Well let's see you read these.

www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...

Not exactly stuff I would expect to find on an old school bookshelf. Or that of a new atheist, for that matter.

I oppose both, btw.

👣

edit on 187Wednesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, conservatism is about leave me alone to make my own decisions in my own ways that work best for me.

Like I said. "Me, me, me!"

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

originally posted by: ketsuko

Like I said. "Me, me, me!"

Better than "ewe, ewe, ewe!"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join