It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Conservatives?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: beezzer

Ummm...did you mean to misspell "moron"?

Grammar Nazi?

Really?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: seeker1963

Only? No. I avoid absolutes. There is no justice in absolutes.

But if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, I would chose the left. They provide the academic environment that enables the intrepid truth seeker to deny ignorance.

👣

The lesser of two evils is STILL EVIL!

I guess that's what separate you and I?

Evil is still evil? Right?

If you want to refrain from voting until you have a candidate with no evil in them, then you will never vote again. That would be fine with me.

But you go ahead and keep hating on Christians and promoting your mysticism! That's the beauty of freedom of speech! Enjoy it while it lasts, because it will be the Progressives who end up locking people up in prison for not speaking in Politically Correct terms! NOT Christians!

I don't hate Christians. I am one. I'm a Christian mystic. That's about as far from a Christian Fundamentalist as you can get.

👣

edit on 150WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

The problem with conservatism as a philosophy is that it's a selfish philosophy. Conservatism is all about "Me, me, me! - screw sustainability, screw the environment, screw my fellow man".

It actually makes a certain degree of sense to be fiscally conservative - you are looking after your own assets and I can understand that. But the vast majority of the middle and lower classes who vote conservative are idiotic class traitors who have been suckered into it by slick marketing and by politicians who appeal to their hearts on not their heads.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

You call it "me, me, me, me"

The rest of us call it individualism.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Siddharta
I must admit, I don't understand anyting.

To me the Democrats and the Republicans are still brothers in the same house. They don't want to be too nationalistic but are both egoistic. It seems to be an American Dream or something like that. Far away out of my world.

Too strange to understand.

You nailed it!

Christianity is no longer trendy because of it's dictates on morality! Therefore we have the Progressive left hating on Christianity and imposing more crazy totalitarian laws than Christianity has demanded in the past 50 years!

I am quite sure that if the Progressives get their way, there will be more deaths in total than the Crusades in the next 10 years, if in fact we even have that many years left!

Just a prediction of mine BTW.....

Christianity is no longer trendy because society has decided "Christian morallity" isn't actually very moral. Slavery is excepted, discrimination for victimless veiws (gays), attempts to brainwash non Christian children in public schools, denighal of any science that contradicts biblical creation, all the obey your husband stuff rather then a partnership, exc, exc, exc.

there is no time period where hate wasn't institutional in Christian churches. Christians are better then they have ever been, but your comparing that to a bunch of slave trading, racist, wife/child abusers who had no way to check what there priest told them.

To be fair modern Christianity has rejected almost all of the harmful things they used preach. However we shouldn't forget they have spent there entire time in power causing atrocities.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

The problem with conservatism as a philosophy is that it's a selfish philosophy. Conservatism is all about "Me, me, me! - screw sustainability, screw the environment, screw my fellow man".

It actually makes a certain degree of sense to be fiscally conservative - you are looking after your own assets and I can understand that. But the vast majority of the middle and lower classes who vote conservative are idiotic class traitors who have been suckered into it by slick marketing and by politicians who appeal to their hearts on not their heads.

Makes great short term sense, and zero long term......

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
a reply to: ketsuko

Libertarian. And I agree 100% on the religious aspect to gay marriage. As a Christian, I understand it's against our scripture and nobody should be forced to participate in something that violates their religion. But when it comes to Israel? I say let the middle east do what the middle east has done for hundreds of years. It's not our war.

I believe you can withdraw, with a stern nuclear threat, and live in relative peace without being proactively pro war. The world is sick of America policing the world and so are Americans. And no, I'm not for food stamps to buy drugs. But as someone who has suffered through severe anxiety, marijuana does have some real medical use.

Off topic, but I always wondered how the GOP and Christianity would react twards isreal if they went all hard core progressive? Would they still be considered the chosen people and our closest friends?

Most likely they would make a crazy fictional antichrist type character out of the lib prime minister... Aka just like with Obama....

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I think the GOP might split. After Obama won they went off the deep end. Not because he's black, because he's a dem who won by a landslide and looked like a Rockstar. He scared them into thinking if he did well they would never win the presidency again. So they made a antichrist type characture to tear him down.

But they went too far and that as well as Denying evolution and climate change will be what sinks them. Those are too easily proven things that make normal people look at them like they are mentally handicapped.

now they have made so many insane promises to the worse parts of there party that are unkeepable. Ending unemployment, welfare, and Medicare type programs for millions of people is political suicide....but now they will be expected too. So now they can either not do it and piss off republicans or do it and piss off everyone while causing riots and such. So I think they split.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

I think the GOP might split. After Obama won they went off the deep end. Not because he's black, because he's a dem who won by a landslide and looked like a Rockstar. .

Won by a landslide?

Define landslide.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

If they don't split, they will all go down with the ship. If they do split, it might reduce partisan bickering. Either way it's win-win.

👣

edit on 143WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

There are NO old school religion worshippers who are Democrats anywhere in USA?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I am not German, and I asked a spelling question, so sue me!

edit on 1428547384Wednesday30Wed, 08 Apr 2015 21:43:04 -0500pmWednesday4390930 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

There are surely exceptions. But the exception proves the rule.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I think the GOP might split. After Obama won they went off the deep end. Not because he's black, because he's a dem who won by a landslide and looked like a Rockstar. .

Won by a landslide?

Define landslide.

First election... That's when all the craziness started. Not the Romney one.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

There are surely exceptions. But the exception proves the rule.

👣

The exception never proves the rule, ever. An exception means there is no rule.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Where is the source for this rule of yours?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Life.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Won by a landslide?

Define landslide.

First election... That's when all the craziness started. Not the Romney one.

You call winning by 2.9% a landslide?

*chuckles*

Okay.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

There are NO old school religion worshippers who are Democrats anywhere in USA?

Not really, define old school?

The creationist types are almost totally Protestant. The Jews and Catholics vote dem, but they don't deny evolution nor do they believe in the creation myths historicness.

The modern creationist type is almost solely american and totally republican. Just pretending to love Jesus more then your opponents doesn't work in the democrat party.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They were so impressed by the fact that he isn't Bush, they gave him a peace prize. I call that a slap in the face of republicans, which added to or was because of the perception of a landslide.

As they say, perception is reality.

👣

edit on 160WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join